Samsung needs to scrap the note 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I can see the logic behind OP's thinking, but unfortunately it won't happen.

The worst thing I can think of will be the secondary and non channel market because there isn't going to be any distinction between a pre or post recall device. This will not be Samsung's problem per se, but it will be Samsung's reputation that suffers. Without a way to differentiate only has a negative impact on the company.

Cyberguycpt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not calling anyone out but I honestly think some people are trying to be overly positive and push this to the side because they are afraid this Phone will flop. And we know development will already be lower than what it could be because of the locked bootloader, now if alot of users flee to another phone this phone will be might be doomed.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not calling anyone out but I honestly think some people are trying to be overly positive and push this to the side because they are afraid this Phone will flop. And we know development will already be lower that what it could be because of the locked bootloader, now if alot of user flee to another phone this phone will be doomed.
But why would they be afraid? I could walk into T-Mobile tomorrow and return it for all my money back without question.

Just saying.. Warranties do exist for a reason. This is one of them... However.. If someone doesn't feel right with the phone I say pre-order the iPhone (or buy another) and return this. At the end of the day it's what you want and what you want to live with. Not what others want or think.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Don't you think Samsung thought this through? I am not sure, but if people on a forum are talking about it, I would think they have it covered. Possibly a serial number or IMEI distinction? There has to be a way to discern a newer good version from a defective one. There's too much marketing involved to just switch up the name.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Don't you think Samsung thought this through? I am not sure, but if people on a forum are talking about it, I would think they have it covered. Possibly a serial number or IMEI distinction? There has to be a way to discern a newer good version from a defective one. There's too much marketing involved to just switch up the name.

A serial number distinction is a great idea

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I hope you are right.

Cyberguycpt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
But why would they be afraid? I could walk into T-Mobile tomorrow and return it for all my money back without question.

Just saying.. Warranties do exist for a reason. This is one of them... However.. If someone doesn't feel right with the phone I say pre-order the iPhone (or buy another) and return this. At the end of the day it's what you want and what you want to live with. Not what others want or think.
I'm not saying afraid of the phone per se but more of the phones reputation. Whether we want to admit it or not most of us are fanboys. There Apple fanboys just as well as Samsung fanboys, there are even some Bi Fanboys like myself that go both ways. Lmao. Phones like The LG V20 won't do as well as the Note 7 not because the Note 7 is way better but because most of us know there are really two top dogs, the iPhone and Samsung for Android these phones not only have the cool factor and are more mainstream but also have great development for geeks like us. Lets say the Note 7 doesn't recover and the LG V20 takes some thunder away now the Note 7 users will be Displaced between there brand loyalty and a device that is well developed for and has more support as far as accessories and updates to the latest software. We all know when a phone flops, the updates for it dry up too.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not saying afraid of the phone per se but more of the phones reputation. Whether we want to admit it or not most of us are fanboys. There Apple fanboys just as well as Samsung fanboys, there are even some Bi Fanboys like myself that go both ways. Lmao. Phones like The LG V20 won't do as well as the Note 7 not because the Note 7 is way better but because most of us know there are really two top dogs, the iPhone and Samsung for Android these phones not only have the cool factor and are more mainstream but also have great development for geeks like us. Lets say the Note 7 doesn't recover and the LG V20 takes some thunder away now the Note 7 users will be Displaced between there brand loyalty and a device that is well developed for and has more support as far as accessories and updates to the latest software. We all know when a phone flops, the updates for it dry up too.

Updates are important to an extremely small number of users. It has been studied at length. The number of people who care about updates is tiny ans insignificant....and the number who care about locked bootloaders and root are way, way less than updates. Look at downloads of time. Literally you may be talking a few thousand people out of millions of total users. Neither of these things are factors to overall phone sales.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
:cool: If may I Add and Add-on here,.Noo! : I support the Scrap proposed by
the OP=Original poster. Would be a diplomatic way of Samsung to avoid
like other member said-possible Lawsuits. Stop the assablee of
the remained lote and Move forward, with Note8--Next year

Apple should scrap the iPhone 7.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Now I know I'm going to get flamed but with all the negative press and a unknown amount of bad note 7s out there, along with anyone with an original note 7 and damage is going to say the note 7 caused it. Samsung should just scrap the note 7 and make a Note 7 pro or a note 8 they need to call it something else to distance itself from bad models. Even when all the Replacements come it might be hesitation from many buyers or Many will choose to keep it or resale it causing more issues. I just think they need to distance themselves from this before it gets out of hand and recall the entire line ala ford with the pinto in the late 70s. Secondly I would change something on the new model so it would be obvious that it's not an original note 7. I know it's a huge loss but this can cost alot more than Samsung estimating. Now don't get me wrong I love my note 7 but I do have a blue one and who knows if it will go off or stay normal. One thing is for sure by Samsung keeping the model active they open themself up to frivolous lawsuits for sometime to come when they could just recall the model and move forward.

Thanks for the joke post. It gave me a good laugh. lol

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Let the battery fires get into the 50s then the 100s samsung is hoping that its just 35 I doubt that, but just like every other recall that has over a 1 million products in its sample size if that 35 number starts to climb samsung would be paying alot more than it estimated. I hope the number stays 35 I like my note 7 and there is nothing on the market comparable but if this gets out of hand samsung could be costing itself money for no reason

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm not calling anyone out but I honestly think some people are trying to be overly positive and push this to the side because they are afraid this Phone will flop. And we know development will already be lower than what it could be because of the locked bootloader, now if alot of users flee to another phone this phone will be might be doomed.

Lol what are you even talking about?

Locked bootloaders don't affect anything in the real world. When people walk into a store to buy a phone, the last thing on their mind is whether or not the nerds at XDA are going to make ROMs for the phone.

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

Locked bootloaders don't affect anything in the real world. When people walk into a store to buy a phone, the last thing on their mind is whether or not the nerds at XDA are going to make ROMs for the phone.

locked bootloaders and rooting really has such small penetration in consumer numbers it plays little to no relevance in the recall

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if Samsung will release an unlocked version after this whole business with the recall. Honestly that's all I'd need. I'm already getting angry using this tiny screen on my old phone.

It's like going from filet mignon to hamburger helper.

chris2004

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Scrap it? Why? Because of a defect that they're fixing through warranties / exchanges?

That's why warranties exist.. For this very thing.

But ARE they fixing it? Whatever happens now the Note 7 will always be known as the exploding phone. Any future melt downs will just destroy Samsung's reputation.

Cyberguycpt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Yeah im sure your right. I mean I don't think the average consumer would know that it has been recalled already even though it's a new and improved model. And I'm sure cs reps won't try and push customers that come in looking for phone buying advise to and iPhone or another Android because all the returns have hurt there commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance