This is really concerning me. My phone's been off for a few days sitting in an isolated part of my room not next to anything flammable but I'm wondering if it can still be affected. Since Vodafone Australia refuses to take my Note 7 and are all out of J1 Minis (the loan phone until replacements come in), I'm stuck with it.
    09-07-2016 09:46 PM
    This is really concerning me. My phone's been off for a few days sitting in an isolated part of my room not next to anything flammable but I'm wondering if it can still be affected. Since Vodafone Australia refuses to take my Note 7 and are all out of J1 Minis (the loan phone until replacements come in), I'm stuck with it.
    The phones that bursts were charging or freshly off the charger....
    09-07-2016 09:47 PM
    Unfortunately I do not think in Samsung's official statement did they say to stop using it, or don't leave it unattended charging or anything like that. If the battery is contaminated with whatever material to cause the reaction, the battery even in a off state is still holding energy so who knows. I kinda joked about it in another thread but maybe not a bad idea... put your phone is a glass pitcher where ever you usually rest your phone... if it blows you would think the heat/any flames would stay in the glass.

09-07-2016 10:01 PM