23 32.86%
  • Probably going to hand it in.

28 40.00%
  • Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I am glad I decided to return mine tonight and get my money back. I just need to find another phone to go to. As much as I hate to I will probably the iPhone 7 plus 256gb.
    That's what I did, but I didn't hate it. It will be a nice change. I've never ever give IOS a real chance. I mean I had an iPad, but I only used it to read books and magazines. I'm very interested in how/if it will fit into my daily life. Kinda excited
    09-09-2016 11:07 PM
    Let's face facts. There isn't anything out there that will replace a Note phone, strictly from a use perspective. I'm a phone junky and I've had them all. Even the Juke. It's just going to be a waiting game for everyone. Btw, those of you that have been long time Android users iOS will drive you mad. Mad I say!
    Wellllll....
    09-09-2016 11:09 PM
    That's what I did, but I didn't hate it. It will be a nice change. I've never ever give IOS a real chance. I mean I had an iPad, but I only used it to read books and magazines. I'm very interested in how/if it will fit into my daily life. Kinda excited
    I only hate it because I have had every generation of the iPhone so I'm bored of them.
    09-09-2016 11:10 PM
    My 8 year old son has a J lol. Got it for free for communications when we are apart for extended periods of time. And yes, it's weak lol. Plastic everything.
    09-09-2016 11:11 PM
    I haven't been having any issues with my phone as of yet. I have a backup LG G3 I can use but I refuse to use it until/if I have issues. It gets warm but with normal usage. If it starts getting abnormally warm or warm just like my LG G3 does (hence why I don't want to use it) then I will return it and wait for it to come back out and repurchase. As of right now though I only wirelessly charge unless I am awake and around it. So I never worry about it.
    It will get warm the day it decides to burn up...be safe
    09-09-2016 11:11 PM
    The CPSC is illogically preventing us from replacing Note7 with potentially dangerous batteries with Note7 that have been tested and manufactured to have stable.
    CPSC just got involved so can't say they are illogical lyrics preventing anything right now. It's Samsung's fault for not engaging them earlier as that was the appropriate protocol. The CPSC doesn't step in until the company engages them to assist with the recall. They have guidelines and protocols that must be followed before ANY can then be sold to the public. Don't blame this on them. Blame it on Samsung. Their defective devices and their plan to circumvent the system didn't work.
    jbcatl likes this.
    09-09-2016 11:20 PM
    This is like a gift from the Gods to Apple and LG.
    09-09-2016 11:20 PM
    It is a loaner phone...OMG you turn it back in once/if the new N7s start coming in.
    You people act like you're being hurt because others are trying to make sure the products being sold to you are safe.

Ugh!
    Shawn0813 and ecfritts like this.
    09-09-2016 11:21 PM
    I have had a loaner since last week with AT&T and tonight both AT&T and Samsung told me next week
    09-09-2016 11:23 PM
    I have had a loaner since last week with AT&T and tonight both AT&T and Samsung told me next week
    From what it sounds like, the US government has now gotten involved and the replacements need to be approved before they can be shipped out.
    09-09-2016 11:28 PM
    With an official (not just voluntary) recall looming, with the media being all over them and airlines banning the Note 7, it's pretty clear that Samsung has massive problems. But consider this: what will happen if another Note7 goes up in flames once the devices have been exchanged? And the likelihood of that happening is somewhere near 100%. The Note7 uses USB-C - a standard that has been under scrutiny because of fires started by 3rd party cables and chargers (even expensive ones). Plus any phone can go up in flames, as faulty or damaged lithium ion batteries are relatively frequent - just google "iPhone burns".

So what happens when another Note7 burns or blows up? I'm guess there'll be drastic, worldwide media backlash, no matter why exactly the device ended up going up in smoke.

And what if it turns out that other Samsung devices also went up in flames (which is, again, very likely, for the reasons mentioned already)? Samsung devices are already developing a reputation of being dangerous due to the Note7 coverage - one of my students last week jokingly said to another sitting next to him that he should turn of his S7 EDGE as he's afraid it might blow up. Just a harmless joke for him, but the reality is this: "Samsung = dangerous" is likely going to influence people's buying decision over quite some time.

In any case, I seriously doubt that the Note7 will make a massive return - enthusiasts (myself included, although I also pre-ordered an iPhone 7 Plus) will buy it again, but the general population might not. I find this somewhat heartbreaking - Samsung has finally emerged from its shell this year, producing fantastic devices again. The Note7 is easily the nicest mobile phone, both from a hardware point of view and from the software experience, I've ever owned. I find it heartbreaking that an extremely minor issue, probably affecting only a handful of devices, could potentially ruin the company.
    steelers1 likes this.
    09-09-2016 11:30 PM
    Just got an email from Samsung.

Your safety remains our top priority

Dear, In response to our recent announcement regarding battery cell issues with the Galaxy Note7, we are advising that you power down your Note7 and exchange it now through our U.S. Product Exchange Program.

We strongly advise all customers to use this exchange program because your safety is our top priority. Additional sales and shipments of the affected devices have been stopped, but if you already have a Galaxy Note7, we strongly advise that you replace it.

Details on how to exchange your Galaxy Note7 can be found at Galaxy Note7 Exchange Program or at 1‑800‑SAMSUNG.

Click here to get started.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-09-2016 11:35 PM
    With an official (not just voluntary) recall looming, with the media being all over them and airlines banning the Note 7, it's pretty clear that Samsung has massive problems. But consider this: what will happen if another Note7 goes up in flames once the devices have been exchanged? And the likelihood of that happening is somewhere near 100%. The Note7 uses USB-C - a standard that has been under scrutiny because of fires started by 3rd party cables and chargers (even expensive ones). Plus any phone can go up in flames, as faulty or damaged lithium ion batteries are relatively frequent - just google "iPhone burns".

So what happens when another Note7 burns or blows up? I'm guess there'll be drastic, worldwide media backlash, no matter why exactly the device ended up going up in smoke.

And what if it turns out that other Samsung devices also went up in flames (which is, again, very likely, for the reasons mentioned already)? Samsung devices are already developing a reputation of being dangerous - one of my students last week jokingly said to another sitting next to him that he should turn of his S7 EDGE as he's afraid it might blow up. Just a harmless joke for him, but the reality is this: "Samsung = dangerous" is likely going to influence people's buying decision over quite some time.

In any case, I seriously doubt that the Note7 will make a massive return - enthusiasts (myself included, although I also pre-ordered an iPhone 7 Plus) will buy it again, but the general population might not. I find this somewhat heartbreaking - Samsung has finally emerged from its shell this year, producing fantastic devices again. The Note7 is easily the nicest mobile phone, both from a hardware point of view and from the software experience, I've ever owned. I find it heartbreaking, that an extremely minor issue, probably affecting only a handful of devices, could potentially ruin the company.
    So what other than this battery issue has happened to make you say that samsung has already developed a reputation of being dangerous?
    09-09-2016 11:39 PM
    Since Samsung has already found out what caused the issue. Maybe the investigation will not take that long!
    09-09-2016 11:40 PM
    It is a loaner phone...OMG you turn it back in once/if the new N7s start coming in.
    You people act like you're being hurt because others are trying to make sure the products being sold to you are safe.

Ugh!
    Ugh is right! We are being inconvenienced enough. Turn it in or not, nobody wants to go from a Note 7 to a ridiculously inferior phone and with no date to say how long we would have to keep that phone. They are almost ensuring that people, who want to keep the Note 7, will choose the most unsafe route and not turn in their phones until an equal replacement is available.
    athenatp, rushmore and jackash0912 like this.
    09-09-2016 11:42 PM
    So what other than this battery issue has happened to make you say that samsung has already developed a reputation of being dangerous?
    None that I'm aware of - I guess the media coverage for the Note7 was enough.
    09-09-2016 11:42 PM
    Through the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program, you can:

Exchange current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (pending CPSC approval). Until time of approval, select carrier and retail outlets will provide customers, who prefer a replacement Note7, with a Samsung J Series loaner phone to use until new Note7s are available.

Exchange current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.
    09-09-2016 11:44 PM
    Just got an email from Samsung.

Your safety remains our top priority

Dear, In response to our recent announcement regarding battery cell issues with the Galaxy Note7, we are advising that you power down your Note7 and exchange it now through our U.S. Product Exchange Program.

We strongly advise all customers to use this exchange program because your safety is our top priority. Additional sales and shipments of the affected devices have been stopped, but if you already have a Galaxy Note7, we strongly advise that you replace it.

Details on how to exchange your Galaxy Note7 can be found at Galaxy Note7 Exchange Program or at 1‑800‑SAMSUNG.

Click here to get started.
    Just got it too. A lot more urgency than the first email.
    So we will get a loaner phone.
    Look up. Cpsc fast track program.
    None that I'm aware of - I guess the media coverage for the Note7 was enough.
    Sorry I guess I was taking that as there was something else. Lol
    09-09-2016 11:48 PM
    So we will get a loaner phone.
    Select carriers and retailers may offer the J series as a loaner.
    09-09-2016 11:48 PM
    replacements need to be approved before they can be shipped out.
    The replacement phones already shipped out long ago. The problem is now that people can't exchange for the new phones until (if) the government clears it.
    09-09-2016 11:49 PM
    Select carriers and retailers may offer the J series as a loaner.
    On chat with a samsung rep now. Apparently it will be the SJ7.

Now i am asking how long we might have to wait for the new note 7.

Because now they need approval.
    09-09-2016 11:52 PM
    Yes with the right political donation.

We can "Make Samsung Great Again!"

Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission-t-ssnote7-1022l-1__tpu-samsung-galaxy-note-7-n930-cases.jpg

We are now just waiting for the lobby money to hit the hands of the USCPSC and others involved. Once all palms have been greased properly shipping will flow again.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-09-2016 11:53 PM
1,655 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD