23 32.86%
  • Probably going to hand it in.

28 40.00%
  • Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    That's the problem - iPhones are somewhat plain and boring and lack many of the features I like on Android in general and Samsung phones in particular. However, they're also very dependable. Never had any serious issues with an iPhone (others might have, though). Right now, I'm going with dependable.
    They are not as dependable as you might thing. Google 'Touch Disease' some estimates put it at 11% failure rate. I dunno.. at least that isn't an explosion.

I'm with Victor... I can't use my 6+ for more then a day or two before I'm back on Android. (I have access to both because I support our mobile infrastructure for my job.) Even though we are probably two thirds iOS, I just can't take it. Sooooooooooooo boring.

I just woke up my Note 5 for now. While I'm not really worried about my Note 7 blowing up, why take the risk when I have a sturdy alternate. I feel for those who don't have that option.
    09-10-2016 01:17 AM
    I don't think they have to as people are buying iPhones like crazy already. That would just be rubbing it in Samsung's face. I don't think that'd be a good idea as Apple knows full well that the same thing could happen to them as well some day.
    I agree with you hundred percent and sometimes I tell people all the time Samsung phones are way more Innovative than Apples and they just look at me like I'm crazy but you know Apple will probably try something smart like that offering some type of trade in program
    09-10-2016 01:18 AM
    It doesn't matter if it has issues or not. They want you to stop using the phones, because it could have an issue. Why play with fire?
    If you want to get a N7 then keep the phone just stop using your current one until you get a replacement. I mean no one is going to die if they can't use their daily driver for a few weeks. Go pick up a burner if you must have a phone or go to your provider and explain your situation and see what they can do for you. But it's not very wise to keep doing something just, because you are not having issues at the moment...IMOP
    I'll continue to use my device until they have a replacement N7 for me.

This whole situation is ridiculous. The panic that is being created is similar to Toyota a few years ago when people were convinced their accelerator would stick to the floor. Or the 80's when there were claims about bad shifters in Audi cars that would make the car jump forward and it if control when going from park into gear.
    09-10-2016 01:18 AM
    They are not as dependable as you might thing. Google 'Touch Disease' some estimates put it at 11% failure rate. I dunno.. at least that isn't an explosion.

I'm with Victor... I can't use my 6+ for more then a day or two before I'm back on Android. (I have access to both because I support our mobile infrastructure for my job.) Even though we are probably two thirds iOS, I just can't take it. Sooooooooooooo boring.

I just woke up my Note 5 for now. While I'm not really worried about my Note 7 blowing up, why take the risk when I have a sturdy alternate. I feel for those who don't have that option.
    I agree with you me personally one of my favorite YouTubers flossy Carter says it all the time in his videos sometimes you gotta try new things and not get stuck in a pattern me I might try the new iPhone 7 plus and hopefully if Samsung can turn around I will come back to the Note 7
    badMojo69 likes this.
    09-10-2016 01:20 AM
    Does anyone remember the hysteria over holding your cell phone to close to your ear because it would cause brain cancer? Remember when they said things about electric razors?
    09-10-2016 01:21 AM

Yeah, Touch Gate seems to be a problem for a lot of iPhone 6 owners. And it couldn't come at a worse time as for many owners, they 2-year warranty is just about to expire.

I also find iOS boring. I like to tinker with stuff. But I have a two-week business trip coming up and I need a device that isn't banned on airplanes and that just works. I'm sure I'll be back with Android. Perhaps with a Note7, or a Nexus device, should the new ones be any good.
    09-10-2016 01:22 AM
    Does anyone remember the hysteria over holding your cell phone to close to your ear because it would cause brain cancer? Remember when they said things about electric razors?
    That's something I kind of believe still to this day these phones definitely give off some type of radiation especially in bed I try to keep my phone away from me
    09-10-2016 01:22 AM
    Does anyone remember the hysteria over holding your cell phone to close to your ear because it would cause brain cancer?
    That one's not off the table at all - as a matter of fact, just a few weeks back a government-funded study released some first results that are quite worrisome in this respect (saying that EM radiation indeed raises the cancer risk in rats). That would be another argument for Samsung and against Apple: Samsung phones have much lower SAR ratings than iPhones. The European SAR rating for the Note7 is 0.24, while the iPhone 7 Plus is at 1.5 for combined use.
    09-10-2016 01:27 AM
    I hope a lot of people trade in their Note 7s and go to the iPhone because that would possibly mean I won't have to wait so long to get my replacement Note 7 with less of a queue of people waiting for it.
    09-10-2016 01:33 AM
    I hope a lot of people trade in their Note 7s and go to the iPhone because that would possibly mean I won't have to wait so long to get my replacement Note 7 with less of a queue of people waiting for it.
    That might be true, although Samsung might ask reduce production accordingly
    09-10-2016 01:34 AM
    The difference is they said those things without really any proof. There are actually Note 7's that ARE exploding. The whole entire recall thing was started by Samsung.. not some crazy government agency. If it was just a small batch of bad batteries, they should have recalled those devices (they know which device was manufactured where and with what components.) They created this themselves.

I wasn't really worried about mine exploding, but since I still have my Note 5 there is no harm in reactivating that. The last thing I want to deal with is an insurance company if some phone caused a small fire in my house or car.
    09-10-2016 01:36 AM
    Yup got this from AT&T
    Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission-screenshot_20160910-024331.png
    09-10-2016 01:44 AM
    I have a feeling apples going to capitalize on Samsung's Misfortune and maybe have some type of trade in offer for example with trading your Note 7 and get the new iPhone for free!! man that will kill Samsung
    No way in hell. Apple needs Samsung for iPhone components.
    09-10-2016 01:48 AM
    No way in hell. Apple needs Samsung for iPhone components.
    It doesn't matter what Samsung supplies to Apple you going to tell me Apple has never given it to Samsung before LOL come on be for real stop being so naive you know Apple's going to take full advantage of this
    09-10-2016 01:51 AM
    That might be true, although Samsung might ask reduce production accordingly
    Ugh, even though I was trying to be funny - that would truly suck...... I have been enjoying my Note 7 but after the text I got today basically ordering me to shut my phone down, I feel inclined to do so now. But I really hate to not be able to use it... Arrrgh!
    09-10-2016 01:54 AM
    Pretty sure all these new alerts and emails are part of CPSC fast track recall program. Which would be good news as it would show Samsung is in the process with them.

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Business--Man...ecall-Program/
    zipro and the real batman like this.
    09-10-2016 02:07 AM
    Is it the news Note 7 explosion causes fire?I saw some photos about that.
    09-10-2016 02:12 AM
    Pretty sure all these new alerts and emails are part of CPSC fast track recall program. Which would be good news as it would show Samsung is in the process with them.

CPSC Fast Track Recall Program | CPSC.gov
    Will this mean we get new phones within the next 2 weeks then?
    09-10-2016 02:18 AM
    Will this mean we get new phones within the next 2 weeks then?
    Supposedly in the Best Buy thread some customers are getting their Replacements
    09-10-2016 02:52 AM
    Wow.. What a mess. Love my Notes, and especially my Note 7 but for those that fly often, even if you get a replacement Note 7 in a couple of weeks how are you going to convince the TSA agents that you have the new one? What do you do? Carry the box with the new sticker? Seems to me the new replacement Notes would have to have something on the phone that would distinguish it from the problem child.. I would imagine even those with a Note 5 would get questioned. In fact I would say, if any phone isn't an Apple phone, the TSA will probably stop you and say, "Is that the Note 7?"... Again, what a mess to what has been the best phone I ever bought....
    zipro likes this.
    09-10-2016 03:40 AM
    I think it's hilarious how people are thumbing their nose at Samsung and the CPSC.
    09-10-2016 04:04 AM
    At first, Samsung said they would have the new Notes for sale in a couple of weeks.

But now the plan has changed and they're waiting for the Consumer Products Safety Commission to approve the new Note 7 before they can put back on sale and complete the exchanges.

I read that the CPSC was upset because Samsung created the "Exchange Program" on thier own rather than going through the CPSC and implementing an official public recall.

Of course, I will wait as long as it takes to exchange my Note 7, but I am concerned that the CPSC is going to try to make an example of Samsung and delay approval of the new Note 7 for months.

Or am I just being too pessimistic?
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    09-10-2016 05:59 AM
    Can't really blame them. It's a bad situation to begin with. I'm concerned with my note so I'm exchanging it today for a s7e. I was told that if I get the new note 7, it shouldn't count against my jump. So let's see. I really don't want to let it go 😭
    09-10-2016 06:02 AM
    I hope not. My Note 7 is sitting in it's box waiting to be exchanged while I'm using an old S5. I would be extremely annoyed if this happened. I want to be able to use and enjoy my phone already. Was considering the S7 edge but after watching reviews and playing with one at the store no just no.
    09-10-2016 06:02 AM
    Where did it say that the CPSC is actually blocking the release? I haven't read that anywhere...
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-10-2016 06:07 AM
1,655 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD