23 32.86%
  • Probably going to hand it in.

28 40.00%
  • Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Where did it say that the CPSC is actually blocking the release? I haven't read that anywhere...
    I haven't either. I think it just says they have to approve the devices.
    09-10-2016 06:13 AM
    It hasn't even been formally recalled yet...read that press statement closely.
    09-10-2016 06:16 AM
    In a CNET story about the Note 7 recall, to give context, it said it took CPSC six months to recall exploding hoverboards.
    09-10-2016 06:44 AM
    I think it just boils down to they want the assurance they fixed the issue not just patched it. I dont think Samsung told the whole story. CPSC wants my N7 they need to get me my new N7. Maybe Monday we will no whether it's actually the battery, board, or they just plain didn't keep track of the parts in each device. Send me a battery and the seal with adhesive, and I will change it myself!
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-10-2016 06:49 AM
    So far No new Message from Verizon!!!!
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    09-10-2016 06:57 AM
    Wow.. What a mess. Love my Notes, and especially my Note 7 but for those that fly often, even if you get a replacement Note 7 in a couple of weeks how are you going to convince the TSA agents that you have the new one? What do you do? Carry the box with the new sticker? Seems to me the new replacement Notes would have to have something on the phone that would distinguish it from the problem child.. I would imagine even those with a Note 5 would get questioned. In fact I would say, if any phone isn't an Apple phone, the TSA will probably stop you and say, "Is that the Note 7?"... Again, what a mess to what has been the best phone I ever bought....
    I think that's a good question. I doubt that TSA agents or flight attendants can tell the difference between a Samsung S7E and a Note7. The S7E users should brace for a lot of questions
    09-10-2016 07:00 AM
    Supposedly in the Best Buy thread some customers are getting their Replacements
    I was "assured" by a Best Buy Samsung rep or whatever they are that the Note 7 would be in by Friday the 16th. I was considering the S7 Edge and she asked if I was still interested in the Note. If I am then I should wait a week.

Who knows if she actually knows anything but she seemed pretty confident.
    09-10-2016 07:08 AM
    Just received an email from Samsung:

In response to our recent announcement regarding battery cell issues with the Galaxy Note7, we are advising that you power down your Note7 and exchange it now through our U.S. Product Exchange Program.

I guess it's no longer a voluntary recall. I am really bummed. I think I'm going to go and get an S7 for now and hope that the Note 7 comes back. Although, at this point, I doubt it is.
    09-10-2016 07:09 AM
    I just read the rest of the email, duh!

Looks like I can get a loaner!

Through the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program, you can:
    Exchange current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (pending CPSC approval). Until time of approval, select carrier and retail outlets will provide customers, who prefer a replacement Note7, with a Samsung J Series loaner phone to use until new Note7s are available.
    Exchange current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.
    We know this exchange is an inconvenience, so you will also receive a $25 gift card, in-store credit or bill credit from select carrier retail outlets when participating in the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program.
    09-10-2016 07:13 AM
    Ugh this is a nightmare.
    msndrstood likes this.
    I can see the writing on the wall. People jumping to the iPhone because they are not patient will be whining that they should have waited.

I wonder if Samsung initiated the fast track themselves. With airlines banning the note 7, Samsung probably now needs a government agency to approve the new note 7 to ease up on the airline bans, and others such as work places. If Samsung did indeed fix it already, then it really should be a fast track recall.

I'm waiting the storm out, there's no other phone out there I want, I don't even want to go back to my note 5 which is light years ahead of the iPhone 7. Some people just can't be patient, it's been less then a week since official recall and some are running with their tails between their legs. Good that means less in my way when the replacements start coming in. Go enjoy your sexy beast black iPhone.
    The CSPC takes forever to do anything. People who think they're getting a replacement next week are fooling themselves. If a replacement is issued by the end of October I'll be shocked.
    09-10-2016 07:16 AM
    I think it just boils down to they want the assurance they fixed the issue not just patched it. I dont think Samsung told the whole story. CPSC wants my N7 they need to get me my new N7. Maybe Monday we will no whether it's actually the battery, board, or they just plain didn't keep track of the parts in each device. Send me a battery and the seal with adhesive, and I will change it myself!
    Samsung is not going to let you swap out the battery on this phone yourself since it's now prone to explosion.
    09-10-2016 07:18 AM
    The CSPC takes forever to do anything. People who think they're getting a replacement next week are fooling themselves. If a replacement is issued by the end of October I'll be shocked.
    It's sad I'm acutally thinking of ordering the iPhone 7 plus
    09-10-2016 07:30 AM
    If The Note 7 Gets Cancelled I will go back to the Note 4 get my upgrade back and wait for the Note 8!!! There is No other phone for me.
    09-10-2016 07:31 AM
    It's sad I'm acutally thinking of ordering the iPhone 7 plus
    The S7 edge is close to the perfect loaner IMO, if your carrier will play ball.
    09-10-2016 07:35 AM
    People just want what they paid for, which is understandable. I would've stuck it out for the replacements but at this point there's no telling when that'll happen. I only have until the 30th through Verizon to exchange and no backup phone. The smart choice is just to exchange for a S7 Edge at this point. Good luck to everybody waiting it out. Hope it's sooner than later.
    09-10-2016 07:36 AM
    The S7 edge is close to the perfect loaner IMO, if your carrier will play ball.
    I have my old s7 edge a few feet from me now. I'll sleep on it...I'm a big Samsung fan boy but I might try out apple again for the first time in a few years
    recDNA likes this.
    09-10-2016 07:42 AM
    Not sending mine in nor am I powering it down. Have had my Note 7 (Sprint) since day 1 and the damn thing doesnt even get warm when it's charging.
    09-10-2016 07:43 AM
    Not sending mine in nor am I powering it down. Have had my Note 7 (Sprint) since day 1 and the damn thing doesnt even get warm when it's charging.
    That was my plan too originally but this device is so screwed at this point I'll be shocked if they just don't scrap the entire thing altogether. What a complete and utter disaster this has become.
    recDNA and keepnitreel like this.
    09-10-2016 07:50 AM
    That was my plan too originally but this device is so screwed at this point I'll be shocked if they just don't scrap the entire thing altogether. What a complete and utter disaster this has become.
    I agree. If it's not in the stores by November it's toast.
    09-10-2016 07:55 AM
    By not exchanging your unit you are doing others a disservice. You are also seriously jeopardising s/h value of your phone.

I certainly wouldn't buy it off you unless you can proof that yours is from a safe batch. Quite how Samsung are going about this, not sure yet but unless they do something these phones will loose a serious amount of money from new.
    09-10-2016 07:59 AM
    Maybe they'll release it with the new Galaxy S8 (no more "edge" since they will ALL have the silly curved edges) and call it the Note 8?
    09-10-2016 08:00 AM
    I agree that the CPSC takes forever to do things.

Remember the hover board fiasco. THey took 6 months to do their testing on all those devices.

It is highly highly unlikely we will see any fixed Note 7's until at least middle to end of next month. Cant go by whats going on in
    Europe because they dont have a CPSC like we have in the States.

Since Samsung will most likely release the S8 around March maybe they should scrap the note 7.
    09-10-2016 08:00 AM
    OMG The sky is fallling!!!!!!!! The CPSC will not take forever. Sure it will review it, but I would not expect it to take more than a day or 2.. week tops. Samsung will have to provide their testing and their reports, and the desription of the fix... then its released. All the time this takes they are building up stock piles of the devices so when it is released there are plenty to go around.

There is so much random speculation and conspiracy on these threads it makes me sick. Samsung might not be telling the whole story, but what else do you think they are hiding. "Our batteries are blowing up and we are recalling all of them" Where is the hide??!?!??! They are doing as well as anyone can expect them to do considering the circumstances, taking a several Billion dollar loss... and you people won't be happy. Be pissed about the initial bad battery, but the rest you should be reasonable. Tough crowd!
    09-10-2016 08:05 AM
1,655 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD