23 32.86%
  • Probably going to hand it in.

28 40.00%
  • Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    I do find it interesting that the CPSC gets involved with this recall the day the iPhone 7 goes on preorder. It worked like a charm too. Got me looking for a little bit and i had to slap myself silly lol.
    I know apple spends a lot on lobbying and this IS a government agency...
    I doubt that's what happened but i definitely could've seen an apple lobbyist or two "stoking the flames" as they say.
    That is an interesting coincidence. After this incident is resolved (hopefully with the replacement Note7 phones being cleared for us) some agency needs to investigate the CPSC for taking bribes and lobbyist money in order to delay or stop the replacement of the Samsung Note7 phones. However that investigation should probably take place after this incident is over as we don't need it slowing down the already extremely slow process we are in store for.
    09-10-2016 10:58 AM
    We can exchange at Verizon for a new phone. Then return it later for note 7 with the difference only.

But only by the 30th or you are stuck with the current note 7
    I hope no one is charging their Old Note7 on the container ship ferrying the New Note7s to America.
    09-10-2016 10:59 AM
    And this is why the CPSC exist.
    There are some people who will do nothing until they or someone they care about is a victim.
    This is also why the FAA will more than likely not let these phones on a plan to protect everyone else from those that act like this.

Be safe
    Keep believing that the FAA can check the make and model of every phone that gets on a plane in the US. With 55k+ flights a day, that's several MILLION people per day. Good luck with that! 😂😅
    09-10-2016 11:02 AM
    We can exchange at Verizon for a new phone. Then return it later for note 7 with the difference only.

But only by the 30th or you are stuck with the current note 7
    Once the official recall is announced its likely that all the carriers will have to accept returns for a very long time.
    09-10-2016 11:03 AM
    You just don't get it do you? The statistic is not LOW. It's damn near IMPOSSIBLE vs the amount of units sold. Then factor in exactly how many of those 35 cases were actually using SAMSUNG chargers (not your 7-11 brand) and there you have it.
    That was 35 confirmed almost immediately with no update to the actual count since despite the daily addition of more cases around the world. The statistic is nowhere near the 1 in 42,000 that people all over the internet have been citing. That was based on two false numbers, 24 and 1,000,000. The actual relevant statistics are that 100% of the devices sold outside of China have the defect, yet not only about 1% (0.6%) of those which are actually in use have presented catastrophically while many more have presented warning signs.

There seems to be absolutely no known connection between type of chargers used, charging patterns or usage patterns that have been officially reported to suggest that any of these were caused anything other than the (now) known defective cells used in all of the Note 7's created for sale outside of China. The lucky thing about these numbers is that it seems over half of the devices sold by Samsung had not yet been resold to customers by the retailers. 1% is unlikely, but the key thing is that no one knows WHICH 1% are actually going to catch fire today, which ones will catch fire tomorrow and which ones may never catch fire. But the odds for each individual device do go up every day and it's sort of a silly risk to carry when there is a free option to reduce the risk to something much closer to zero.
    09-10-2016 11:04 AM
    Once the official recall is announced its likely that all the carriers will have to accept returns for a very long time.
    It is an official recall. Unless you mean not voluntarily.
    09-10-2016 11:08 AM
    The actual relevant statistics are that 100% of the devices sold outside of China have the defect, yet not only about 1% (0.6%) of those which are actually in use have presented catastrophically while many more have presented warning signs.

There seems to be absolutely no known connection between type of chargers used, charging patterns or usage patterns that have been officially reported to suggest that any of these were caused anything other than the (now) known defective cells used in all of the Note 7's created for sale outside of China.
    Do you know what those warning signs are?
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-10-2016 11:12 AM
    That is an interesting coincidence. After this incident is resolved (hopefully with the replacement Note7 phones being cleared for us) some agency needs to investigate the CPSC for taking bribes and lobbyist money in order to delay or stop the replacement of the Samsung Note7 phones. However that investigation should probably take place after this incident is over as we don't need it slowing down the already extremely slow process we are in store for.
    Omg... The conspiracy theories are strong in this thread
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    09-10-2016 11:12 AM
    Keep believing that the FAA can check the make and model of every phone that gets on a plane in the US. With 55k+ flights a day, that's several MILLION people per day. Good luck with that!
    There is no way they will be able to check all the phones. That would be impossible.

BUT.....

If you were to go onto a plane and lets say the captain or the stewardess knows about this whole Note 7 disaster and they see you using it. They will have every right to kick you off the plane or not let the phone on the plane.
    badMojo69 likes this.
    09-10-2016 11:14 AM
    One post out of how many???
    jj2339 likes this.
    09-10-2016 11:14 AM
    The CPSC HAS NOT made it official yet.

Once they do a set of instructions from them will be given out. Those instructions will supersede Samsungs instructions. (which I am sure Samsgung will agree with)
    09-10-2016 11:15 AM
    Just from what we know about battery health in general, not anything specific to this device. The usual, heat, sounds, shutdowns, erratic battery performance, etc.
    09-10-2016 11:19 AM
    Well...your plan worked Samsung, the elaborately staged effort to get people to stop talking about "ScratchGate" is an unparalleled (albeit a tad extreme) success.
    badMojo69 and steelers1 like this.
    09-10-2016 11:24 AM
    People, I don't have to keep saying this, but I have to at this point.

Get. Yours. Replaced. When. You. Can.

Doesn't matter if yours is fine or not. When it's under a recall, it's under a recall.

Don't play the stats game and give excuses to not bring it in for either a replacement or a refund. Get it sorted.
    Tabbiel1989 and cinnamin like this.
    09-10-2016 11:25 AM
    Exactly when Samsung is the one that should have initiated with the government in the first place. They tried to take a short cut and could end up causing more delay. Does people looking to blame everyone but Samsung. The government doesn't just get involved in these things until the company engages with them and they only want to get involved if it's necessary. They're not intentionally trying to hold up everyone's precious phones. Be upset with Samsung for putting together a faulty device and then trying to put together a phony recall "program". For all the praise they got for the way they handled it, it's clear they had some missteps early that will hurt the consumers. I'm just glad I returned mine the day after the "exchange program" was announced. Back on my S7 edge and happy with it until next year devices.
    09-10-2016 11:26 AM
    Lord have mercy. I understand your frustration. I have paid out about 250$ in cases and screen protectors trying to find a good combo. Now I'm told I have to return the phone. I'll never see a dime of that money back. Lol
    seacow1500 likes this.
    09-10-2016 11:31 AM
    This ain't right. But it is funny.
    Attached Thumbnails Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission-4629721.jpg  
    09-10-2016 11:34 AM
    OK now this one if funny. Makes me think of everyone that doesn't want to turn in their device
    Attached Thumbnails Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission-4621961.jpg  
    09-10-2016 11:36 AM
    Look at battery usage every time before you charge the phone. If it dips to 0 then that's one sign of a short. Battery draining faster than normal is another. It's hot and you aren't using it or charging it. It's still not a mandatory recall either. Verizon said Samsung was just in to the store yesterday and that if everything goes well the end of next week the 16th they should be able to swap them out.
    hailsusy90 likes this.
    09-10-2016 11:36 AM
    Lord have mercy. I understand your frustration. I have paid out about 250$ in cases and screen protectors trying to find a good combo. Now I'm told I have to return the phone. I'll never see a dime of that money back. Lol
    3 cases and 3 dbrand skins all for nothing. I don't think I'll pick the N7 back up. Just like when I once thought about getting the IP6P and then bend gate happened and now because Apple made those phones too thin they are having touch issues now. That model was DOA for me and I'm glad I listened to myself. Every now and then manufactures make a Lemon and that's just life. It doesn't mean that wont recover. Just means they made several bad decisions for that particular model. I'll give Samsung another chance to get my money with the N8 or S8 next year.
    09-10-2016 11:38 AM
    It's not official yet but it may as well be given the directive to power down and return the phones. My guess is on Monday the "official" recall will be announced.
    09-10-2016 11:43 AM
    I'm curious what will happen to the recalled units once they are returned.

In the case of the Shield Tab recall, unless the original tablet has an older version of the official firmware or runs custom firmware, turning on the replacement unit will render the original unit useless.
    09-10-2016 11:46 AM
    Exactly when Samsung is the one that should have initiated with the government in the first place. They tried to take a short cut and could end up causing more delay. Does people looking to blame everyone but Samsung. The government doesn't just get involved in these things until the company engages with them and they only want to get involved if it's necessary. They're not intentionally trying to hold up everyone's precious phones. Be upset with Samsung for putting together a faulty device and then trying to put together a phony recall "program". For all the praise they got for the way they handled it, it's clear they had some missteps early that will hurt the consumers. I'm just glad I returned mine the day after the "exchange program" was announced. Back on my S7 edge and happy with it until next year devices.
    Is there a way for 3rd party buyers to exchange yet?
    09-10-2016 11:52 AM
    If I have to I will go back to the Note 5....
    Note 5 was not an Upgrade in my opinion, It was a downgrade from the Note 4. No MicroSD card. do not want to carry around a flash drive. I will only go back to The Note 4, Note 5 is trash to me. That is why I skipped it.
    seacow1500, keepnitreel and recDNA like this.
    09-10-2016 12:01 PM
    Note 5 was not an Upgrade in my opinion, It was a downgrade from the Note 4. No MicroSD card. do not want to carry around a flash drive. I will only go back to The Note 4, Note 5 is trash to me. That is why I skipped it.
    Same. I had the Note 4 before this and my boyfriend is now using it. I'm using a back up S5. I loved the Note 4 and loved the Note 7 even more. They better hurry up with this replacement thing so that we can get our fixed phones and not go through this bs any longer.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-10-2016 12:03 PM
1,655 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD