23 32.86%
  • Probably going to hand it in.

28 40.00%
  • Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    I wonder if carriers could blacklist the ESNs, or at least give a few day notice. After that the phone will in inoperable on the network.
    09-10-2016 12:05 PM
    I wonder if carriers could blacklist the ESNs, or at least give a few day notice. After that the phone will in inoperable on the network.
    Can? Yes. Will? Absolutely not. Then the carrier becomes the bad guy to the customer.

Elaboration: If the customer is choosing to be foolish, doing something adverse to them makes them want to double down. The down side of a voluntary recall is that those customers who don't want to participate aren't going to and some of them probably will get hurt, but that's their choice. Slapping them for it before or after they get hurt = bad customer service, despite the fact that you were trying to help them.
    09-10-2016 12:07 PM
    Never have I seen such a big ball of crap over a phone.
    Don't worry Samsung is going to give everyone a $25. bill credit for all their trouble.
    Called Samsung and they said a $25 gift card. Not complaining because they don't have to do anything but exchange phones but I say for the trouble it should be equal to a month's bill at least.
    oldskoolstyle70 likes this.
    09-10-2016 12:12 PM
    Keep believing that the FAA can check the make and model of every phone that gets on a plane in the US. With 55k+ flights a day, that's several MILLION people per day. Good luck with that! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…
    And how many of those will know the difference among all the Samsung phones?
    Or edge phones that look like Note 7?
    Or my Note 5 that is big like the Note 7?
    NotAnAppleGuy likes this.
    09-10-2016 12:18 PM
    And how many of those will know the difference among all the Samsung phones?
    Or edge phones that look like Note 7?
    Or my Note 5 that is big like the Note 7?
    Unless they make TSA at airports check people's phones and they get a guide with pictures of what the phone looks like lol.
    09-10-2016 12:20 PM
    Unless they make TSA at airports check people's phones and they get a guide with pictures of what the phone looks like lol.
    I'm sure if Apple was recalled they wouldn't do the same screw job samsung is getting. I would think by IMEI numbers TSA will be able to tell or by the build date on the newly issues Note 7s.
    09-10-2016 12:24 PM
    I'm sure if Apple was recalled they wouldn't do the same screw job samsung is getting. I would think by IMEI numbers TSA will be able to tell or by the build date on the newly issues Note 7s.
    Wasn't there some case of an iPhone exploding in someone's pocket too? They didn't recall that.
    09-10-2016 12:25 PM
    Whatever the case for reasons, I will use mine until a replacement is available. Have had since launch with no battery life or heat issues. The anode / cathode layers don't magically short later after the fact. They go to war quickly after use.

I will have fun with my 7,000 to 10,000 cylinder revolver (depending on what the real failure yield is).
    09-10-2016 12:27 PM
    Lol, I don't know where you're getting your information, but I'd stop getting it there.

Most of the phones in the US were made in China. If those were without issues/risk, they wouldn't be recalling every single Note 7 that is being used right now (including the ones from China). There is no way these government agencies would let them just continue using the same batteries that they're telling everyone to stop using.. That makes no sense whatsoever.
    I get my info from Android Authority, Sam Mobile. Samsung and others. If you search you will find it.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    09-10-2016 12:29 PM
    loved my note 7 and was going to wait for replacement, but latest email from samsung convinced me to return it. dont want the worst case to come true. took it to a tmobile store and they credited the $123 i paid plus the $32.50 first months installment.

went to bestbuy and picked up an honor 8. will be getting the note 7 again when they become available.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-10-2016 12:32 PM
    So, I'm taking out my SIM and putting it in my S7e and now I just noticed that the back glass plate of the S7e seems to be lifting a little. Oh, jeez. I really cannot win. Eventually I have to take both the Note 7 and S7e in. The 7 series has not been good to me - as much as I really love it.
    09-10-2016 12:32 PM
    I get my info from Android Authority, Sam Mobile. Samsung and others. If you search you will find it.
    Ok those early reports were in fact wrong, where they were telling people to look where their phone was manufactured. The location that the device was manufactured is not a way to identify whether or not the battery was created at any particular location and ONLY the batteries made in China to be sold in China are without this particular defect. So if your phone was made to be sold in Australia, the rest of Asia that's not China, Europe, North or South American or even Antarctica, it has the flaw.
    09-10-2016 12:34 PM
    That is an interesting coincidence. After this incident is resolved (hopefully with the replacement Note7 phones being cleared for us) some agency needs to investigate the CPSC for taking bribes and lobbyist money in order to delay or stop the replacement of the Samsung Note7 phones. However that investigation should probably take place after this incident is over as we don't need it slowing down the already extremely slow process we are in store for.
    Or maybe investigate why Samsung avoided normal recall procedures...
    09-10-2016 12:35 PM
    Apple would have never done a recall, they would have just said that people are "charging the device wrong" - and everyone would have believed them. That's the true difference between Apple and Samsung.
    09-10-2016 12:37 PM
    Apple would have never done a recall, they would have just said that people are "charging the device wrong" - and everyone would have believed them. That's the true difference between Apple and Samsung.
    I remember there was a case where an iPhone blew up in someone's pocket and burned their thigh.
    Preach2k likes this.
    09-10-2016 12:38 PM
    I guess iPhones Antenna Gate and Recall has been forgotten!!
    09-10-2016 12:41 PM
    I remember there was a case where an iPhone blew up in someone's pocket and burned their thigh.
    And thats all you remember because they didn't allow it to go any further than that. This is one reason why I dumped Apple as far as phones go, I got tired of their BS every year.
    09-10-2016 12:49 PM
    Yes, when he fell off his bike and impacted his phone rupturing the battery. Seriuosly, get all the details whether Apple news of Samsung news.

09-10-2016 12:59 PM
    Went to BestBuy today and no AT&T in stock and don't know when they will be. Went to local AT&T store and they looked at me like I was a leper after telling them I was a customer but bought it at BB. Going to be a few weeks folks. Sad but true.
    09-10-2016 01:06 PM
    Can? Yes. Will? Absolutely not. Then the carrier becomes the bad guy to the customer.

Elaboration: If the customer is choosing to be foolish, doing something adverse to them makes them want to double down. The down side of a voluntary recall is that those customers who don't want to participate aren't going to and some of them probably will get hurt, but that's their choice. Slapping them for it before or after they get hurt = bad customer service, despite the fact that you were trying to help them.
    You are 100% right

but

If an agreement with the CPSC and Samsung is made that all phones must be returned and they are a hazard, then the Carriers and Samsung can absolutely block IMEI because you are using a phone that has a mandatory recall and shouldn't be in use per the CPSC

Now is that something they will do who knows, but they certainly CAN do it if they want to.
    09-10-2016 01:14 PM
    Wasn't there some case of an iPhone exploding in someone's pocket too? They didn't recall that.
    Now you know he probably put it in his front pocket which is not the Apple approved pocket. It has to go in the back right pocket.
    09-10-2016 01:18 PM
    That is honestly one of my concerns with the Note 7 with its fragile sides and corners... that it may not be pocket approved at all

Now you know he probably put it in his front pocket which is not the Apple approved pocket. It has to go in the back right pocket.
    09-10-2016 01:23 PM
    You are 100% right

but

If an agreement with the CPSC and Samsung is made that all phones must be returned and they are a hazard, then the Carriers and Samsung can absolutely block IMEI because you are using a phone that has a mandatory recall and shouldn't be in use per the CPSC

Now is that something they will do who knows, but they certainly CAN do it if they want to.
    Ya know, back in the 80's they said "hotdogs" were a hazard and caused cancer. Lol just saying....
    09-10-2016 01:48 PM
    Ya know, back in the 80's they said "hotdogs" were a hazard and caused cancer. Lol just saying....
    Are you suggesting Samsung has invented this problem and no phones are actually experiencing corrupted batteries? Or?
    badMojo69 likes this.
    09-10-2016 01:50 PM
    Fast forward to,the present...

Hot dogs, bacon and other processed meats cause cancer, World Health Organization declares

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tion-declares/

badMojo69 likes this.
    09-10-2016 01:54 PM
1,655 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD