23 32.86%
  • Probably going to hand it in.

28 40.00%
  • Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    BTW. Got a S7E while i wait for the new note 7.

Used the $25 for the new gear VR as well. The manager said the $25 can only be used during the same transaction of exchange and only for cases but the manager allowed me to use it for the new gear vr.
    I didn't get any 25 bucks. How do you get that? And can I still get the S7 edge promotion?
    09-10-2016 04:35 PM
    By the way does anyone who is relentlessly holding on to their Note 7 want any free cases or accessories? I can't get a refund for them and I don't want them to just rot.
    09-10-2016 04:36 PM
    By the way does anyone who is relentlessly holding on to their Note 7 want any free cases or accessories? I can't get a refund for them and I don't want them to just rot.
    Sent you a PM.
    09-10-2016 04:38 PM
    If Samsung is able to make and have available to everyone current owner a replacement, then I think they would be doing the right thing in deactivating all the defective phones. It's a no brainer they are giving you a "newer" phone than you have right now and a safer phone. Kudos Samsung!

WTF: Samsung will be deactivating your defective Galaxy Note 7 if it isn't returned

http://phandroid.com/2016/09/10/sams...7-deactivated/
    09-10-2016 04:41 PM
    I didn't get any 25 bucks. How do you get that? And can I still get the S7 edge promotion?
    DId you trade in your Note 7? They should have offered $25 for a case.

I doubt you can use the s7 edge promotion since it is just an exchange. You could try.

on the phone for promotion now.
    ARGH!!! Missed that post by minutes!

Sent you a PM.

I doubt you can use the s7 edge promotion since it is just an exchange. You could try.
    I will try. They completely refunded my Note 7 first though. Then they did the S7 Edge.
    09-10-2016 04:42 PM
    ARGH!!! Missed that post by minutes!
    He's not going to take them. He already has mostly what I have. PM me.
    anon(782252) likes this.
    09-10-2016 04:42 PM
    WTF: Samsung will be deactivating your defective Galaxy Note 7 if it isn't returned

I wonder how true it is that the new package will come with the new gear vr?
    09-10-2016 04:44 PM
    I will try. They completely refunded my Note 7 first though. Then they did the S7 Edge.
    Gonna see if i can get a free 256 gb memory card before i return the s7 edge.
    09-10-2016 04:46 PM
    This will certainly put Samsung in better position with CPSC and help expedite the matter quickly and the FAA as well as aviation bodies in other countries taking the defective phones out of circulation. Also takes the phones away from the unscrupulous Ebayers/resellers from try to sell defective/potentially dangerous phones.

09-10-2016 04:49 PM
    He's not going to take them. He already has mostly what I have. PM me.
    I'd like to be next in line if he doesn't take them. Can't figure out how to PM from the app.
    09-10-2016 04:49 PM
    Don't know about that but in India market anyone that has preordered and waiting through this fiasco is getting a free VR for the inconvenience.

I wonder how true it is that the new package will come with the new gear vr?
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-10-2016 04:50 PM

on the phone for promotion now.
    If you have tmobile, you can definitely do the Samsung promotion for the S7 or S7 edge .....
    09-10-2016 04:51 PM
    If you have tmobile, you can definitely do the Samsung promotion for the S7 or S7 edge .....
    I have verizon but wondering if i can do it even if i plan on returning it.
    09-10-2016 04:55 PM
    Don't know about that but in India market anyone that has preordered and waiting through this fiasco is getting a free VR for the inconvenience.
    Thanks. Wow lucky folks. I was thinking about getting one but i think I might hold off in case they did give is one. Won't hold my breath tho lol.
    09-10-2016 04:56 PM
    If Samsung is able to make and have available to everyone current owner a replacement, then I think they would be doing the right thing in deactivating all the defective phones. It's a no brainer they are giving you a "newer" phone than you have right now and a safer phone. Kudos Samsung!
    Did you read the article? Not one ounce of proof of anything.
    09-10-2016 04:57 PM
    And how many of those will know the difference among all the Samsung phones?
    Or edge phones that look like Note 7?
    Or my Note 5 that is big like the Note 7?
    All they would have to look for is the S Pen
    09-10-2016 04:57 PM
    the Note 5 has an S pen...as well as the Note 4...and 3 and 2
    09-10-2016 05:00 PM
    Here is what might have happened:

1. Samsung is confident the issue is minor in total sample, so initially gave retailers discretion to manage how they wanted.

2. At same time Samsung expedited devices they were confident did not have the issue.

3. Gizmodo badgered the FAA and created a B.S. storm.

4. FAA then contacted CPSC to see if they were aware, which obviously were, but not the scope contrived later.

5. At same time the other all knowing national media got involved through Gizmodo fueling it.

6. CPSC contacts Samsung and tells them to recall beyond Samsung's plan and hold the devices pending their all knowing approval.

To top it all off, Gizmodo then does a follow up article also being linked and referenced about the recall being a "nightmare" so far. Sweet Apple joy.

Tim Cook needs to reward them for doing what Apple could only dream of. Inception 2, starring the all knowing media.
    Since these all have to happen in order for the ones that follow to make sense, I'm going to go ahead and say that I don't believe the first point at all since it contradicts what little actual information is available. So it follows that the rest of the narrative would be increasingly unbelievable at each point given no evidence to support any points.

What little we do "know" seems to indicate that every device out there not meant to be sold in China has the corrupted battery cells and is at an elevated risk for containment failure. We do know that the "made in China" vs Korea or Vietnam information put out by Phone Arena and later Android Authority is false and that there seems to be no correlation between types of chargers or charging habits and combustion.

Aside from those two things, no one, including SamMobile, AA, PA, etc. can claim to know anything without Samsung providing more information. And all three of those have reported on at least one of those two points falsely.

You're absolutely right that there is too much sensationalism going on for no good reason. But the whole recall isn't based on hype and the most important part of the story is actually being underhyped in the face of all the "what's this mean for the popularity of Samsung" nonsense. The important thing isn't Samsung's financials, it is the safety of their customers. When that's getting lost in all the Samsung vs Apple drama, the point is lost.
    09-10-2016 05:01 PM
    Nope, verizon downgrade is not eligiable for S7 and S7 Edge promotion.

Already got the gear vr and free gear fit 2. Wanted that 256gb sd card as well but had a feeling that wasn't going to happen.
    09-10-2016 05:02 PM
    I guess iPhones Antenna Gate and Recall has been forgotten!!
    Nope. Not here.
    09-10-2016 05:03 PM
    You got people here saying Tim Cook is behind the CPSC getting involved and your quibbling on proof NOW?? lol.

It came from a decent Android site.. and regardless the idea has merit and good for the people. I hope Samsung reads this and goes for it. Be Brave Samsung!! Be Brave!

Did you read the article? Not one ounce of proof of anything.
    09-10-2016 05:03 PM
    When I first saw news of the recall, I was basically cool with it. I love the phone and could not see me leaving it for another device. Figured it would be temporary inconvenience. Now it just sucks!
    09-10-2016 05:05 PM
    You got people here saying Tim Cook is behind the CPSC getting involved and your quibbling on proof NOW?? lol.

It came from a decent Android site.. and regardless the idea has merit and good for the people. I hope Samsung reads this and goes for it. Be Brave Samsung!! Be Brave!
    People appear to be in jest about TC.
    09-10-2016 05:10 PM
1,655 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD