Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission

Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeMcGovern

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I have heard rumours about Samsung giving the Gear Vr away with the note 7 to make up for the trouble that the recall has caused. Will this take place in Europe or will it just go on sale as normal?

Posted via the Android Central App

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
That sounds like a hefty price tag for some inconvenience. Most people involved in this recall already received a gift for ordering early. I heard about the $25 card or bill credit. I would like to see maybe a $50 samsung.com gift card or personally a quick charge wireless charger.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I have heard rumours about Samsung giving the Gear Vr away with the note 7 to make up for the trouble that the recall has caused. Will this take place in Europe or will it just go on sale as normal?

Posted via the Android Central App
They were giving away the Gear VR to pre-order/early orders of the Note7 in Europe just like how US and Canada have had the choice of 256gb memory chip or gear fit2 (this has been known since the Note7 was officially announced), so its not connected to the recall.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
From the article I read on AC, this free VR is a token of goodwill to preorders in India. If there was any promotion running there, this would be in addition to that.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Samsung giving free Gear VR to Note 7 customers in India following global recall | Android Central

So Note 7 customers in India get a free Gear VR and voucher for the inconvenience in... delay in your preorder??
Wonder what that Note 7 in Tampa is going to get for his inconvenience in... his Note 7 burning down his car :confused:
Well first of all, fire investigators will have to prove that the phone caused the fire, then he may get something above and beyond having his car replaced. Until then, he'll just have to live with the check his insurance company writes him, provided things are on the up and up.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
They have a new promotion in the US if you buy a s7 or s7 edge you get a VR headset......I guess the note 7 is the forgotten child now
95d4287a8cfad1e77155b04f8f941ee8.jpg

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Well the phone isn't for sale so a little difficult to have a promotion for it.
Could of waited to atleast include the note 7...Unless they already know the sales for that are gonna tank....Were supposedly days away from replacements being back in stores according to their website and they run a promotion for a older device in their product line.... They are trying to push the S7 lineup against the iPhone 7 preorders instead of the Note 7.... They better have a clever promotion cooking for the Note 7...

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Could of waited to atleast include the note 7...Unless they already know the sales for that are gonna tank....Were supposedly days away from replacements being back in stores according to their website and they run a promotion for a older device in their product line.... They are trying to push the S7 lineup against the iPhone 7 preorders instead of the Note 7.... They better have a clever promotion cooking for the Note 7...
Supposedly days away is the key. Doesn't look like days at this point but I'm hopeful.

They ran a promotion for the Note 7 but they can't have it listed on a promotion when it's not for sale. And they may not even know yet when it's going to be. They could easily add it to that promotion once it's back for sale.

djlee0314

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So this just happened twice to me today. Battery was 70% and next time I pick it up (maybe 5 mins later) phone won't turn on. I'm obviously confused and plug in charger only to find out battery depleted. Literally just happened again and now I know I'm not going crazy. Has this happened to anyone else? Battery usage screen shot to show what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• 508.jpg
    508.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 427

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I just saw a commercial for " a free gear VR with the purchase of a galaxy device" isn't the Note7 a Galaxy device?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes it has happened to about 6 now on the forums.

I am really concerned this could be a sign of the bad batteries. From what I understand from some others, this is a sign of a short in the battery, but I don't know that for sure.

I wouldn't use this phone if it were mine.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes it has happened to about 6 now on the forums.

I am really concerned this could be a sign of the bad batteries. From what I understand from some others, this is a sign of a short in the battery, but I don't know that for sure.

I wouldn't use this phone if it were mine.

With so many of these battery issues coming up Kelly is there anyway you could reach out to the Samsung you speak of about these reports?

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Today something strange happened to my note 7 for the first time, I put it to charge and an hour and a half later it was still at below 50% I rebooted the phone and it charged fully within 40 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173