23 32.86%
  • Probably going to hand it in.

28 40.00%
  • Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    When I first saw news of the recall, I was basically cool with it. I love the phone and could not see me leaving it for another device. Figured it would be temporary inconvenience. Now it just sucks!
    It definitely does suck because whenever I pull out my notes 7 people know I own it I'm always the joke around people don't get me wrong the new iPhone 7 looks very nice and I'm not so much of a power user I barely use the S Pen and any of my note devices I'm actually thinking about maybe switching over to see what's up with the new iPhone I'm not really sure yet I'll sleep on it
    zipro and DatsyukianDeke like this.
    09-10-2016 05:10 PM
    I don't care about any conspiracy theories about The Note7. I just want the replacement Note 7 in my hands asap!
    09-10-2016 05:10 PM
    lol yes Apple is behind all of this.

lol
    09-10-2016 05:12 PM
    Going to add Phandroid to the #FailAtReporting list on this issue. Their sky is falling Samsung is going to brick your phone article is based on a reddit post that, as near as can be proven, made it up.
    09-10-2016 05:13 PM
    Are you suggesting Samsung has invented this problem and no phones are actually experiencing corrupted batteries? Or?
    Not at all. I'm saying the chances of MY phone "sploding" are pretty much impossible.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    09-10-2016 05:18 PM
    I am surprised myself even though with it on every news station i shouldnt?? But just last night over dinner wife was telling me she liked the 7 Plus (has the 6 Plus now) and when she asked me what phone I was going to get, she knows I can still get the iPhones at old subsidized prices ($199 iphone 6S, etc.,) I told her most likely the Note 7 I showed her at Best Buy and she looked at me like I'm crazy and said "But those phones EXPLODE!!"

I explained to her the recall and all future phone forward will have new batteries... but did make me feel bad for the phone lol. Had to defend it's honor... as well as my sanity in choosing it. LOL.

It definitely does suck because whenever I pull out my notes 7 people know I own it I'm always the joke around people don't get me wrong the new iPhone 7 looks very nice and I'm not so much of a power user I barely use the S Pen and any of my note devices I'm actually thinking about maybe switching over to see what's up with the new iPhone I'm not really sure yet I'll sleep on it
    indydrummer and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    09-10-2016 05:20 PM
    I am surprised myself even though with it on every news station i shouldnt?? But just last night over dinner wife was telling me she liked the 7 Plus (has the 6 Plus now) and when she asked me what phone I was going to get, she knows I can still get the iPhones at old subsidized prices ($199 iphone 6S, etc.,) I told her most likely the Note 7 I showed her at Best Buy and she looked at me like I'm crazy and said "But those phones EXPLODE!!"

I explained to her the recall and all future phone forward will have new batteries... but did make me feel bad for the phone lol. Had to defend it's honor... as well as my sanity in choosing it. LOL.
    I live in the house my father-in-law owns and he's always joking around telling me not to charge the phone in the house that I'm going to burn his house down LOL
    09-10-2016 05:23 PM
    Not at all. I'm saying the chances of MY phone "sploding" are pretty much impossible.
    About 1 in 1800 from what we can tell with the almost no information that's actually been officially released. You're right, they're very low.
    09-10-2016 05:25 PM
    I read that Samsung is doing a return package that has the new N7, Gear VR, $25 credit and a box for the N7 being returned.

Is this through Samsung, or will BB, carriers and other retail also be part of this?
    09-10-2016 05:37 PM
    Sure, impossible... just like how the Titanic was unsinkable.
    09-10-2016 05:39 PM
    I read that Samsung is doing a return package that has the new N7, Gear VR, $25 credit and a box for the N7 being returned.

Is this through Samsung, or will BB, carriers and other retail also be part of this?
    Link please?
    09-10-2016 05:40 PM
    Just curious, but where did you see and read that? I haven't heard that before.
    09-10-2016 05:40 PM
    Just imagine some of the people here with hot dogs in one hand... Note 7's in the other... you've just affectively increased your odds for something to happen. Playing with fire.

About 1 in 1800 from what we can tell with the almost no information that's actually been officially released. You're right, they're very low.
    09-10-2016 05:42 PM

Yeah link please
    09-10-2016 05:42 PM
    What planet is this on?
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-10-2016 05:45 PM
    Had Verizon deactivate mine and back to my barely functioning LG G3 but the phone was making my daughter nervous having it around the grandkids and can't argue with that. Getting 64 gb Note 5. With the consumer safety folks involved, I can't see this resolving in less than months, and besides, you don't think they want to stick it to Sammy a little for not getting them involved earlier? I can see a scenario where Sammy says screw it, just won't sell it in the US. I loved the phone but a little peace of mind is more important.
    09-10-2016 05:46 PM
    This was on AC, but only mentions India. Samsung giving free Gear VR to Note 7 customers in India following global recall http://feedmesh.com/sfgs7qbz via @feedmesh
    What planet is this on?
    The new planet called dreamland😊
    09-10-2016 05:47 PM
    Just imagine some of the people here with hot dogs in one hand... Note 7's in the other... you've just affectively increased your odds for something to happen. Playing with fire.
    No it's cool - that's how you get the hot dogs cooked.
    09-10-2016 05:47 PM
    Oh, India. Sorry, I must have the same subjective reading skills as the media. Meh.
    09-10-2016 05:50 PM
    At least we all got a free Gear Fit 2 or 256GB MicroSD card to use with our new iPhones.
    09-10-2016 05:51 PM
    Oh, India. Sorry, I must have the same subjective reading skills as the media. Meh.
    No worries. Trust me I wish they would give us a gear vr lol. Thinking bout buying one.
    09-10-2016 05:52 PM
    India does not count in my book.
    09-10-2016 05:52 PM
    It would be in Samsung's best interest to provide information as to the expected date for the new stock. If they take too long they may lose some customers to the iPhone 7.Secondly along with the $25, Samsung should give all returned customers the supped up Note 7 that was made for china, besides that would speed up the process if the CPSC take too long as that Note 7 is a different model.
    09-10-2016 05:53 PM
1,655 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD