• Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    This is the pdf file for the process of recall by the CPSC

Boy this looks like it will be a process

http://www.cpsc.gov//PageFiles/106141/8002.pdf
    Check the section on the fast track program. Odds are that's what Samsung is pursuing. If I'm reading it right - the fast track program is designed to be executed in 20 days or less.
    Connert likes this.
    09-11-2016 08:46 AM
    The jeep story is total BS just like the Firefighter with the garage fire. The guy with the Jeep must have had a full 5 gallon gas on the front seat at the same time he was charging the Note 7. These people are on a cash grab and have already hired ambulance chasing lawyers to handle their fraudulent cases. Give me a break.
    I do think some of these stories are bs but i also think there are some legit ones like the one in todays paper about the 6 year old boy
    Del1701 likes this.
    09-11-2016 08:46 AM
    I do think some of these stories are bs but i also think there are some legit ones like the one in todays paper about the 6 year old boy
    Most likely the phone was charging while he was playing a game which just super heats up the device.. which is very sad because the parents know about the recall and let him use the phone as normal....Thats why the government needs to hurry up and approve these phones .... The informed people will either take precautions or trade in their device but you still have the certain percentage that will use the phone as if nothing is wrong with it.....
    09-11-2016 08:53 AM
    I just did quick Google to see if I could find it and referencing a CNN link...

Confused about the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall? Here's what to do - Sep. 10, 2016

"The issue is only believed to affect 0.1% of all devices." And they mention 2.5 million units so we are talking a possible 2,500 units.

Sorry I Googled "Stat hedging" and doesn't exist in Googleland so I don't know what it means... I think in PR speak, it probably means "I think we are hedging our bets that we'll have it contained and enough phones of those 2,500 explosive devices returned to not have to say 2,500 explosive devices"... stat hedging
    Yep. Not having a general idea where the devices are makes no sense if .1 % or less, so curious if a sub component instead of the actual battery production that was faulty.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-11-2016 09:02 AM
    Where did you find this process?
    Our QC director at work used to work with them with training and standards. He made fun of me and a friend with the N7 and explained good luck if under a month for resolution.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    09-11-2016 09:11 AM
    And I'm happy that I live over here and don't have to worry about the laws back home. I haven't even turned mine in yet. I'm told I should have my replacement between the 19th - 1st. Gotta love being in Samsung land.
    09-11-2016 09:20 AM
    Thanks.
    I need to see pics of the actual phone now 😂😂

Edit: this was a response to the young boy who was burned.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-11-2016 09:34 AM
    Our QC director at work used to work with them with training and standards. He made fun of me and a friend with the N7 and explained good luck if under a month for resolution.
    Yeah i am thinking end of October beginning of November.
    09-11-2016 09:41 AM
    I used to work with a guy that had an iPhone 5 go up in smoke in his pocket. It isn't anything that doesn't happen. My old blackberry caught fire and it wasn't the battery that did it. These days they take it and run. The sky is falling. I still say it isn't just the battery causing this. I play games while charging and my N7 doesn't get hot. If Samsung can prove exactly what caused it and has a proper fix it won't take long to get released.
    RoyKelly2 likes this.
    09-11-2016 09:43 AM
    Most likely the phone was charging while he was playing a game which just super heats up the device.. which is very sad because the parents know about the recall and let him use the phone as normal....Thats why the government needs to hurry up and approve these phones .... The informed people will either take precautions or trade in their device but you still have the certain percentage that will use the phone as if nothing is wrong with it.....
    I'm just curious how you can say "most likely" it was caused by X or Y. Same with everyone else. I watch these threads just like the other enthusiasts on here and nowhere have I seen a forensic or root cause analysis as to exactly what happened at the time of ignition. Perhaps there is a pinhole leak between the anode and cathode as the source of the short and the phone was cold and not even charging. We know it's a manufacturing defect in batteries and thats all we know. I'm just cautioning that speculation is running high these days.
    09-11-2016 09:46 AM
    For those that are stubborn enough to keep using it may I recommend this case... they claim "explosion proof"

Galaxy Note 7 Explosion-Proof Case | Ghostek® Covert Series
    09-11-2016 09:52 AM
    I turn in my N7 yesterday getting on a plane tomorrow didn't want any issues I pick up a S7E nice phone but it just does not compare to the N7 the look, the feel, screen size I didn't think it would be a big deal but there is a big difference between phone. I plan to pick up the N7 once this issue is fixed so Samsung let's get a move on by the way I have JOD with T-Mobile and they did the exchange so it didn't count against my upgrade total and he told me just come in when the new N7's are in and they would take care of me also he mentioned that the new phones might be in this week so check with your carrier this week.
    09-11-2016 09:59 AM
    Agree 1000%. The 7Edge is a nice phone, but it sure is not the Note7.

I sure hope they hurry up, I want my Note7 back!!
    09-11-2016 10:00 AM
    I'm still using my note 7. Can change it a week tomorrow so will carry on using it until Vodafone give me my new one at the door and then I'll give them this one.
    09-11-2016 10:02 AM
    I'm okay with it. I really liked my Note but the S7 Edge is a decent phone. I'll wait for the next Note and see how that goes.
    09-11-2016 10:03 AM
    "If owners don’t return the defective device, Samsung may be taking things into its own hands in the coming weeks as the company may be remotely deactivating devices that are not returned after September 30th"

On a positive note, article says:
    " Replacement package will include a brand-new Note 7, and the new version of the Samsung Gear VR"

I guess we will see about the VR, at this point in time I am not believing much until the replacement day comes, if it ever does

http://phandroid.com/2016/09/10/sams...7-deactivated/

Edit: I followed the Reddit link phandroid referenced to. The user sounded like he was is France so I am not so sure if we will also receive a VR.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    I miss mine too. The S7 Active is a very good phone, but it's no Note 7. AT&T made the process easy too. I just hope it doesn't take too long to release the new Notes.
    Are you insane man?!! You could risk ruining the SEASONING on that fine cast iron skillet!!

The number of steaks over the years it must have took to develop that fine coating and the beautiful steaks it must still make with that nice char i imagine. I would toss my phone into the toilet before risking the safety of my family, my home, and my skillet!

Yeah I know... vegetarians won't understand.

I then used a ceramic cooking dish to elevate the cast iron skillet containing the smoke detector, stainless steel bowl, and Note 7 a few inches. Aluminum and copper are excellent conductors; hence i would avoid their use. Ceramic and cast iron are decent insulators, hence my preference.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-11-2016 10:09 AM
    This is just more speculation and false information that everyone likes to feed off of.
    Im sure at sometime the faulty phones will be deactivated but there is no evidence of this ,especially a date of September 30th.
    And since were voicing opinions here I think the faulty phones will be destroyed and not flood the market like some think.
    09-11-2016 10:10 AM
    Im enjoing the blue light mode this moring easy on the eyes. By far the best phone yeat I have owned.
    Will fell more Comfortable after the exchange for the new Note7
    09-11-2016 10:14 AM
    Yes been posted before. But I feel it is a good idea for Samsung. They've gone this far recalling all the phones regardless of cost and they are getting heat from agencies now and may not stop unless they hit the kill switch on them. And today, if true, an article of a little boy got burned by an exploding Note 7 in Brooklyn. Now you have stories of children getting hurt now. Getting close to Samsungs nightmare scenario.

Be brave Samsung! Take these defective phones out of circulation. Hit the kill switch.

This is just more speculation and false information that everyone likes to feed off of.
    Im sure at sometime the faulty phones will be deactivated but there is no evidence of this ,especially a date of September 30th.
    And since were voicing opinions here I think the faulty phones will be destroyed and not flood the market like some think.
    09-11-2016 10:17 AM
    Sounds like a good plan to cover their rear and prevent bad and good units coexisting in the wild.
    donm527 likes this.
    09-11-2016 10:18 AM
    That's good. Don't plan to have the defective device after the 30th anyway. Just need them to hurry up with the replacements.
    donm527 and jackash0912 like this.
    09-11-2016 10:19 AM
    Samsung doesn't have that ability. That power is with the carrier's only. Maybe after the initial exchange is done, you may see the carrier "hotline" the phones so they can setup swaps on the remaining left in the wild.
    09-11-2016 10:20 AM
    Are you insane man?!! You could risk ruining the SEASONING on that fine cast iron skillet!!

The number of steaks over the years it must have took to develop that fine coating and the beautiful steaks it must still make with that nice char i imagine. I would toss my phone into the toilet before risking the safety of my family, my home, and my skillet!

Yeah I know... vegetarians won't understand.
    Who ruins a steak in a cast iron pan? Flame broiled or gtfo! :-)
    09-11-2016 10:21 AM
1,655 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD