23 32.86%
  • Probably going to hand it in.

28 40.00%
  • Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    what if it blasts on your face are you going to reconsider ?
    What if I wake up next to Cindy Crawford? About the same chance as my Note 7 exploding.
    09-11-2016 10:22 AM
    The kill switch better not be activated until replacement units are handed out. The replacement units have been made, no reason government can't test them now and fast track this. Suppose the speed of testing will be determined by how much Samsung is willing to pay the government
    09-11-2016 10:29 AM
    For those that are stubborn enough to keep using it may I recommend this case... they claim "explosion proof"

Galaxy Note 7 Explosion-Proof Case | Ghostek® Covert Series
    This marketing is so stupid. Glass screen protectors (i.e. a thin piece of...glass) are all "EXPLOSION BOMB PROOF LOOK AT THE HAMMER AND DRILL IT'S INDESTRUCTIBLE!!!111"

I mean, nah. It's a little thin sliver of fragile glass.

Anyhow, carry on.
    RoyKelly2 likes this.
    09-11-2016 10:30 AM
    learned from my mama ... I'm ok with flame broiled but something about the full sear from a cast iron pan! And the juices!
    Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission-a4e46e17022ec295d9a5b4f97bd3bf11.jpg

Who ruins a steak in a cast iron pan? Flame broiled or gtfo! :-)
    jgraves1107, EMGSM and RoyKelly2 like this.
    09-11-2016 10:31 AM
    Are you insane man?!! You could risk ruining the SEASONING on that fine cast iron skillet!!

The number of steaks over the years it must have took to develop that fine coating and the beautiful steaks it must still make with that nice char i imagine. I would toss my phone into the toilet before risking the safety of my family, my home, and my skillet!

Yeah I know... vegetarians won't understand.
    LMAO!! ......safety of my family, my home, my SKILLET........!!!
    09-11-2016 10:36 AM
    What if I wake up next to Cindy Crawford? About the same chance as my Note 7 exploding.
    This is getting better and better ......LOL!!!!!
    09-11-2016 10:37 AM
    This is getting better and better ......LOL!!!!!
    I already switched to another phone lol. But these threads are entertaining.
    09-11-2016 10:38 AM
    Agree 1000%. The 7Edge is a nice phone, but it sure is not the Note7.

I sure hope they hurry up, I want my Note7 back!!
    I agree!
    All those saying the S7edge is just a N7 without the S-pen, sound ridiculous....
    frope01 and jamesrick80 like this.
    09-11-2016 10:40 AM
    Glad to see I not the only one with empty Note syndrome also can't say for all carriers but my tmobile store will let you chose your replacement so if u wanted to try a IPhone for a week or a LG G5 now is a good time.
    rtwright68 likes this.
    09-11-2016 10:40 AM
    You know I normally don't "swing this way", but I'm actually o.k. with the kill switch idea in general. It IS one way to ensure and reassure EVERYONE that after a certain date, all Note 7s in use are o.k. I guess someone could hang onto theirs and try to continue to use it as a wifi only device but boy...I can't imagine why someone would pay that much and do that AND try to use it somewhere that currently is scrutinizing its use (i.e. airlines).

Having said that, totally agree with trucksmoveamerica#...they have to at least have replaced my device first! I'm not crazy about the loaner idea but bottom line is if there is a consistent policy in place that ALL phones get a loaner or ALL phones are replaced with another approved Note 7 and THEN they hit the kill switch, I think that's reasonable and fair. Then it's on me because I didn't do the responsible thing (trade in my device either for another approved one, or a loaner, or another device entirely).

Hopefully I don't get bashed for that.
    badMojo69 likes this.
    09-11-2016 10:41 AM
    learned from my mama ... I'm ok with flame broiled but something about the full sear from a cast iron pan! And the juices!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a4e46e17022ec295d9a5b4f97bd3bf11.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	239129
    Fair enough!
    RoyKelly2 likes this.
    09-11-2016 10:41 AM
    The exchange is pending review from the Feds, who knows if replacements will even be allowed?
    09-11-2016 10:46 AM
    Although the article is purely speculation and no proof at all the fact that it's circulating so fast might actually make it come true. Other sites have already covered it now and it's shown up in my Google now feed. I don't think any major news sites have reported it yet thankfully.

Part of me hopes this comes true for more than just the free new gear VR. It wouldn't get all the recalled units of the streets and maybe Samsung could work better with the FAA and not have note 7's completely banned on airlines since the recalled units will be rendered useless. I really hope that note 7's don't get banned on airlines and other places but with all the media fear/hysteria I think that's where it's heading.
    09-11-2016 10:56 AM
    I agree!
    All those saying the S7edge is just a N7 without the S-pen, sound ridiculous....
    Nothing ridiculous about it at all. The Note 7 is marginally better than the S7 Edge. Shrugs....
    09-11-2016 11:14 AM
    Although the article is purely speculation and no proof at all the fact that it's circulating so fast might actually make it come true. Other sites have already covered it now and it's shown up in my Google now feed. I don't think any major news sites have reported it yet thankfully.

Part of me hopes this comes true for more than just the free new gear VR. It wouldn't get all the recalled units of the streets and maybe Samsung could work better with the FAA and not have note 7's completely banned on airlines since the recalled units will be rendered useless. I really hope that note 7's don't get banned on airlines and other places but with all the media fear/hysteria I think that's where it's heading.
    even if they deactivate the old note 7 people could still use them on Wi-Fi and music players, and could be used on airlines as such. They could become nice small tablets.
    09-11-2016 11:16 AM
    You know I normally don't "swing this way", but I'm actually o.k. with the kill switch idea in general. It IS one way to ensure and reassure EVERYONE that after a certain date, all Note 7s in use are o.k. I guess someone could hang onto theirs and try to continue to use it as a wifi only device but boy...I can't imagine why someone would pay that much and do that AND try to use it somewhere that currently is scrutinizing its use (i.e. airlines).

Having said that, totally agree with trucksmoveamerica#...they have to at least have replaced my device first! I'm not crazy about the loaner idea but bottom line is if there is a consistent policy in place that ALL phones get a loaner or ALL phones are replaced with another approved Note 7 and THEN they hit the kill switch, I think that's reasonable and fair. Then it's on me because I didn't do the responsible thing (trade in my device either for another approved one, or a loaner, or another device entirely).

Hopefully I don't get bashed for that.
    You shouldn't get blasted. I agree, in this case shutting down all the devices would remedy the "I'm keeping my phone" syndrome. Like you, I just want to see a consistent policy instated across the board, with all carriers and retail outlets. I want to know that when I take my device in, and have my old S3 activated, I'm not pulled of the list, and made to wait until the phones are offered for sale. Whether I choose to risk using a S7 or S7E for the short term (as offered by Sprint most carriers. SPRINT'S ARE NOT LOANERS), or I choose to activate an older device while waiting, I should still be considered as a customer wanting an EXCHANGE, not a RETURN. I'm not convinced the system is in place to handle that.
    RoyKelly2 likes this.
    09-11-2016 11:24 AM
    even if they deactivate the old note 7 people could still use them on Wi-Fi and music players, and could be used on airlines as such. They could become nice small tablets.
    I'm thinking that these devices will be bricked. Forget wifi. The fact is that the battery issue would still be a factor. Just turn it in.
    09-11-2016 11:26 AM
    I'm thinking that these devices will be bricked. Forget wifi. The fact is that the battery issue would still be a factor. Just turn it in.
    I am exchanging mine, I'm just going to wait for the replacements unless the 30th comes first, then I will return it and wait for the new ones unless I have been contacted by carrier or Samsung for swap arrangements coming soon.
    09-11-2016 11:33 AM
    That's for France.

The GearVR is a pre-order bonus in the country.
    bbqdroid likes this.
    09-11-2016 11:33 AM
    That's a good point I used my Verizon moto e LTE as a mp3 player for a while. I don't think maybe people will do that with the note 7 but I'm sure some will. Your right it does make a great mini tablet too especially with the stylus essentially being a mouse.
    RoyKelly2 likes this.
    09-11-2016 12:14 PM
    That's a good point I used my Verizon moto e LTE as a mp3 player for a while. I don't think maybe people will do that with the note 7 but I'm sure some will. Your right it does make a great mini tablet too especially with the stylus essentially being a mouse.
    I don't even use tablets, just as easy to use my note.
    09-11-2016 12:16 PM
    Yes been posted before. But I feel it is a good idea for Samsung. They've gone this far recalling all the phones regardless of cost and they are getting heat from agencies now and may not stop unless they hit the kill switch on them. And today, if true, an article of a little boy got burned by an exploding Note 7 in Brooklyn. Now you have stories of children getting hurt now. Getting close to Samsungs nightmare scenario.

Be brave Samsung! Take these defective phones out of circulation. Hit the kill switch.
    Here is the link to the story in Brooklyn

Was just watching videos on the phone and it went on fire.

Recalled Samsung phone explodes in little boy’s hands | New York Post
    09-11-2016 12:24 PM
    I don't even use tablets, just as easy to use my note.
    Forgot my laptop charger on my trip so I was using my spigen wallet case and Google launcher for landscape rotate. Felt just like a mini tablet I loved that combination.

That story with the boy and the fire. I thought they said he was playing a game not watching a video unless it's a different one.
    RoyKelly2 likes this.
    09-11-2016 12:48 PM
    No. It's not the US, it's not us.
    "If owners don’t return the defective device, Samsung may be taking things into its own hands in the coming weeks as the company may be remotely deactivating devices that are not returned after September 30th"

On a positive note, article says:
    " Replacement package will include a brand-new Note 7, and the new version of the Samsung Gear VR"

I guess we will see about the VR, at this point in time I am not believing much until the replacement day comes, if it ever does

http://phandroid.com/2016/09/10/sams...7-deactivated/

Edit: I followed the Reddit link phandroid referenced to. The user sounded like he was is France so I am not so sure if we will also receive a VR.
    09-11-2016 01:04 PM
    I have said this in a Verizon thread and will post here. Contact your carrier and see what they are doing now regarding the situation. Verizon made a huge move yesterday for their customers. Double switch effective yesterday. You can take your Note 7 to a corporate store and trade in for a different device temporarily and when the Note 7 replacements are available, can switch then to the Note 7. This is a win for Verizon customers. I did so last night and am using the edge 7. I am not thrilled about the situation but am happy am in a device I don't have to be constantly concerned about exploding. I know of two devices that have exploded in the Phoenix area . It is a safety factor. Dump it...temporarily..... we will be getting replacements, just unsure when. Verizon said they should know more within a week. I miss my Note but I am "safe"

Posted via the Android Central App
    RoyKelly2 likes this.
    09-11-2016 01:11 PM
1,655 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD