23 32.86%
  • Probably going to hand it in.

28 40.00%
  • Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    Do you work for Verizon? If not you should. I've seen you post the same thing at least six times. Can you get us a good deal? Free extra goodies?
    I have said this in a Verizon thread and will post here. Contact your carrier and see what they are doing now regarding the situation. Verizon made a huge move yesterday for their customers. Double switch effective yesterday. You can take your Note 7 to a corporate store and trade in for a different device temporarily and when the Note 7 replacements are available, can switch then to the Note 7. This is a win for Verizon customers. I did so last night and am using the edge 7. I am not thrilled about the situation but am happy am in a device I don't have to be constantly concerned about exploding. I know of two devices that have exploded in the Phoenix area . It is a safety factor. Dump it...temporarily..... we will be getting replacements, just unsure when. Verizon said they should know more within a week. I miss my Note but I am "safe"

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-11-2016 01:13 PM
    Nothing ridiculous about it at all. The Note 7 is marginally better than the S7 Edge. Shrugs....
    I am using the edge 7 temporarily. I turned in my Note 7 and when the replacement is available will be getting again. I have had every Note device and am spoiled. The Note 7 really tops them all and it wasn't easy choice but safety first. The edge can't be compared to the Note 7 . But this is temporary and can use without concern.

09-11-2016 01:15 PM
    Here is the link to the story in Brooklyn

Was just watching videos on the phone and it went on fire.

Recalled Samsung phone explodes in little boy’s hands | New York Post
    This is particularly scarry if he didn't have the phone plugged in. If that was the case, this just supports the warning not to use the phone at all.
    09-11-2016 01:16 PM
    The jeep story is total BS just like the Firefighter with the garage fire. The guy with the Jeep must have had a full 5 gallon gas on the front seat at the same time he was charging the Note 7. These people are on a cash grab and have already hired ambulance chasing lawyers to handle their fraudulent cases. Give me a break.

Anyone noticed that AndroidCentral is blasting us with an unusual high amount of pop ads that make the site almost impossible to navigate? Like this crap here:

Attachment 239123
    Yea and AdBlocker FTW! I have not seen the add in a few days now.
    This is particularly scarry if he didn't have the phone plugged in. If that was the case, this just supports the warning not to use the phone at all.
    Exactly. It means it can happen at any time.
    I am exchanging mine, I'm just going to wait for the replacements unless the 30th comes first, then I will return it and wait for the new ones unless I have been contacted by carrier or Samsung for swap arrangements coming soon.
    I just swapped temporarily with edge .....Verizon....and when replacements available, can get it.

09-11-2016 01:17 PM
    Do you work for Verizon? If not you should. I've seen you post the same thing at least six times. Can you get us a good deal? Free extra goodies?
    you don't have to be sarcastic. I was replying to people just in case. I don't but am a consumer. Verizon has made this decision to offer double switch to accomodate the Note 7 customer.

badMojo69 and RoyKelly2 like this.
    09-11-2016 01:20 PM
    Just swapped to the S7e. Will swap back as soon as the N7 is in. My store said it should be this week as long as the CPSC is satisfied.
    09-11-2016 01:23 PM
    Nothing ridiculous about it at all. The Note 7 is marginally better than the S7 Edge. Shrugs....
    Yea I had the S7E from day one and the Note for a couple of weeks. The note just felt better in the hand. Other than that they were pretty much the same phone. I'm not a s-pen user so take that for what it's worth.
    09-11-2016 01:23 PM
    Just swapped to the S7e. Will swap back as soon as the N7 is in. My store said it should be this week as long as the CPSC is satisfied.
    Really? So we might have new devices this week?
    09-11-2016 01:24 PM
    I'm hopeful of that...it's not like they have to go in a decide if a item has a probelm and investigate.....The probelm is already identified and hopefully Samsung is handing everything to them on a silver platter ...
    09-11-2016 01:25 PM
    Yea I had the S7E from day one and the Note for a couple of weeks. The note just felt better in the hand. Other than that they were pretty much the same phone. I'm not a s-pen user so take that for what it's worth.
    I agree. Unless you use the SPen constantly they are.
    09-11-2016 01:27 PM
    I agree!
    All those saying the S7edge is just a N7 without the S-pen, sound ridiculous....
    Short of some software differences, what else do you feel is that significant of a difference?
    09-11-2016 01:40 PM
    Short of some software differences, what else do you feel is that significant of a difference?
    Exactly my point. I love the Note series but it is extremely similar. I've been using it and the only difference I see is no SPen but it is 80-90% the same device.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    09-11-2016 01:44 PM
    Who ruins a steak in a cast iron pan? Flame broiled or gtfo! :-)
    Alton Brown? Pan Seared Steak From Alton Brown) Recipe - Food.com
    jgraves1107, donm527 and RoyKelly2 like this.
    09-11-2016 01:49 PM
    I dont believe many of these stories popping up in the US. Where's the proof? In these situations there are always people that will attempt to exploit.
    rushmore, lanenubia and RoyKelly2 like this.
    09-11-2016 01:53 PM
    Also BTW if you guys don't know. Cpsc takes third party testing. So if Samsung got their testing results. Hoping it it goes faster. I guess will find out soon enough.
    Strong_Genetics and RoyKelly2 like this.
    09-11-2016 02:22 PM
    I cant wait til this forum is flooded with threads about how everyones screens are cracking......Those were the good ole days lol
    Climb14er, donm527 and RoyKelly2 like this.
    09-11-2016 02:32 PM
    I cant wait til this forum is flooded with threads about how every screens are cracking......Those were the good ole days lol
    LOL, I was just thinking that an hour ago. Where are the threads, this cheap crap gorilla Glass blows, dropped half inch and shattered. The gorilla Glass must have gotten a lot stronger over the last week, the lag must have disappeared, the endless boot must have ended, and so on. LOL
    lanenubia and RoyKelly2 like this.
    09-11-2016 02:43 PM
    The S7 Edge & Note 7 are pretty much the same phone with subtle differences. When you get use to those subtle differences it can be a disappointing adjustment though. I miss my Note 7 but the S7 Edge is fine.
    09-11-2016 02:49 PM
    Playing games on my note 3 made my phone quite warm. The only time my note 7 has gotten warm was while in my pocket with the backpack charging it. Putting the backpack away until I can get a replacement. Wireless charging does produce heat.
    still no problems here. And I'm not buyin that the kid in Brooklyn was watching videos and it "exploded".
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    09-11-2016 02:55 PM
    Exactly my point. I love the Note series but it is extremely similar. I've been using it and the only difference I see is no SPen but it is 80-90% the same device.
    Which is to say that it is a very capable and powerful smartphone.
    09-11-2016 02:59 PM
    Which is to say that it is a very capable and powerful smartphone.
    Exactly. I liked the Note 7 but it didn't work out so I exchanged. I really like the S7 Edge. I only used the Spen for my DS emulator. I can use a stylus for that. No big deal.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    09-11-2016 03:01 PM
    I boxed-up my Note7 pending return; eventually. I have had the S7 Edge since June 17th (where did those three months go?). I have recently been using two smartphones when I go out so I bought the Note7 to complement the S7 Edge. I took a lot of photos and recorded a lot of video on the S7 Edge until the Note7's arrival; amazing camera which does more than I need in capturing scenes in-the-moment. For as nice as the Note7 is I am not put out at all in not using it right now. I reactivated my LG V10 which, though quirky, is capable as well. Best wishes.
    09-11-2016 03:10 PM
    I thought I saw 38 reported incidents and they sold 2M (not sure how many of those were actually shipped/received by customers though)...
    That's what I figured, and I think that's part of the confusion.

People are taking the number of units sold and dividing by the number of reports of battery failures as some measure of the likelyhood of your (or my) Note7 also having a battery failure. The problem is the probability of that is actually calculated the other way, by taking the number of reports of failure and dividing by the number of units total. And 1 in 1800 is way to high a figure for either calculation.

If we actually calculate the probablity, even if we assume the number of reports so far is as high as 40 (or 16 more incidents reported since Samsung first announced the recall) the probability is 40/1000000 or 0.00004 percent.
    09-11-2016 03:13 PM
1,655 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD