23 32.86%
  • Probably going to hand it in.

28 40.00%
  • Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 12345 ...
tools
    I would be surprised if they disclose everything. When they announced the recall, we found out they had checked 35 that exploded and 24 had a battery issue. We had only heard about four or five that had exploded. Also they said that day "battery cell$ but didn't get into detail.

Basically I think all phones are at risk and I wouldn't be using any that the battery and temp seemed to be normal now.

With many people they are going to look to see if they notice and issue and if they don't, think the phone is fine and try and do things they think that will make it safe. Many will also think if they haven't noticed anything and it's been this long, their phone is fine.

I've wondered if this battery issue like the OP has is a symptom since I saw the first post about it and I believe that was just hours after the recall was announced. The big issue here is people don't need to feel like the phone is ok because it has been a certain amount of time or they haven't seen their phone experience this particular issue. For me, I consider all of the phones a risk, even if it has been running perfect. We have even had a team member not have any problems with their phone and during a reset just a few hours ago, it started exhibiting some very questionable behavior with the battery.

For many people, they might not have noticed issues happening with their phone before the battery exploded and die them, their phone was fine until it wasn't. This issue here would have me more concerned than not having this battery draining completely, but that wouldn't mean to me others are fine just because they haven't had this issue by today.

The big thing for me.id this is a symptom of the problem batteries, that means we have about 5 or 6 people on this forum alone, with the battery issue. It has just started showing up in the last week. Some of these phones people have had since release.

If we have 5 or 6 that have posted their screenshots of this issue and it is a symptom of the exploding battery, that is more worrisome to me. That means among this small group of Note 7 owners, there are an awful lot of people with the issue. That is a lot different than $24 out of one million" that people have been quoting from Samsung. That would also explain more why they did the complete recall. Either they knew it was more widespread than just "24 out of 1 million" or they knew it was pretty widespread and there was no way to narrow down exactly who is affected.
    rushmore likes this.
    09-09-2016 02:36 PM
    Whatever the case, Samsung has without doubt snatched defeat from very big jaws of victory. Too much bad press and likely consumer brand damage. Guessing sales will be impacted at least 50%, and that does not factor in costs for the recall and collateral sales damage to current devices and the future Note brand.

Also not getting how they did not find this in testing, unless rushed out to beat the iPhone timing. Anode / cathode proximity breaches in battery production are not normally a random event, but a batch failure. Also not getting how they do not have batch control per device unit on a critical component for liability and trace-ability. Guessing going forward they will correct this.
    09-09-2016 03:09 PM
    Well it might not have been an issue with all in a batch and doing spot checking might bit have caught it happening. Like I said, as I don't know the technical aspects of it, it seems like many people had no symptoms they noticed before it happened.

I think of Samsung handles this the right way and gets it taken care if quickly, it won't be a huge issue for them. The bad airbags have killed several and people are still driving around with them and not getting it corrected. Also the Toyota brake issue hasn't done Toyota in. As long as Samsung handles the entire recall in a good way, they can turn the Note 7 issue around. Now it probably won't sell as much as they expected, but it was selling more than they expected.

I'm still good with Samsung jumping on this and just replacing all of the phones. Sure they will lose some money over it, but how they handle it can work to their advantage.

Apple is still denying touch disease, that came about to stop bending, which they really didn't even acknowledge like they should have, if at all.

That hasn't hurt Apple at all. Samsung admitted a problem and is correcting it. To me that is much better than denying it and speaks volumes.

Oh and narrowing it down per unit.. This is just my opinion only now.. I think either it is more of a likelihood of it happening than they are telling or there are just some in each batch that have the issue and they can't narrow down how the problem came about so that is why they can't pinpoint it.

But that is just based on my thoughts, not anything reported.
    09-09-2016 03:18 PM
    Anybody work at a place which has banned the Note 7?
    09-09-2016 03:19 PM
    Lol don't tell me Samsung is going to add the workplace ban to thier list of things apple can't do
    scorpiodsu and bklynandroid84 like this.
    09-09-2016 03:24 PM
    Just in from the Consumer Product Safety Commission says to shut down immediately and don't charge your phones could cause fires The Consumer Product Safety Commission issued the strong warning to all Note 7 users Friday, saying they should "power them down and stop charging or using the device."

For more information, go to CPSC: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 users should power down, stop using phone due to fire hazard | abc7ny.com
    09-09-2016 03:41 PM
    Perhaps my spending six years in the Marines has made me jaded in regards to the apparent hysteria with the device. Samsung would not have afforded any discretion in recall direction if it was as critical as the media (instigated by Gizomodo?) are asserting. It is almost like the media is willing mass disaster/hysteria.
    09-09-2016 03:54 PM
    Perhaps my spending six years in the Marines has made me jaded in regards to the apparent hysteria with the device. Samsung would not have afforded any discretion in recall direction if it was as critical as the media (instigated by Gizomodo?) are asserting. It is almost like the media is willing mass disaster/hysteria.
    Pretty much thought mass disaster/hysteria was the media's bread and butter.
    09-09-2016 04:14 PM
    they gave us a watch and $25 gift card upon exchange. theres no way we are getting more
    What's this about a $25 gift card? I signed up to be notified when the replacement devices are in (T-Mobile) and didn't see anything about a gift card.

Is this something they are going to "surprise" is with when we go to the store to make the exchange?
    09-09-2016 04:24 PM
    The U.S. CPSC points to recent reports of Note 7 phones catching fire “while charging and during normal use,” and so the agency says that owners should power down their phones. The CPSC says that it’s working with Samsung to announce a formal recall of the Note 7

U.S. CPSC urges consumers to stop using Note 7 as it works with Samsung on formal recall - TmoNews
    09-09-2016 04:29 PM
    I think your thread subject needed a question mark.
    Jona005 likes this.
    09-09-2016 04:34 PM
    09-09-2016 05:10 PM
    Nope!
    tntlassiter likes this.
    09-09-2016 05:13 PM
    09-09-2016 05:14 PM
    I hope everybody gets the new one before they start this process or it may be longer.
    Smith 001, Fobbers and jacques200 like this.
    09-09-2016 05:15 PM
    I hope everybody gets the new one before they start this process or it may be longer.
    I do too. Middle of next week if there is no word on it I'm simply returning for a refund and decide if I want to purchase an Iphone 7 plus. I'm using my S7 right now so it's not as urgent as some people who have no back up device.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    09-09-2016 05:17 PM
    Where did Samsung say something?
    09-09-2016 05:19 PM
    No one will be getting a replacement device before they start this process. Samsung will not release any devices prior to CPSC approval. That's what the updated Samsung site is saying.
    09-09-2016 05:20 PM
    So we have to wait even longer now?.... Great
    scottishlassy likes this.
    09-09-2016 05:22 PM
    09-09-2016 05:25 PM
    Doesn't look like Samsung made a statement about turning them off. Bad article title by CNN.
    CPSC said to turn them off.
    blackhemi4x4 likes this.
    09-09-2016 05:25 PM
    Wow. Just wow.
    09-09-2016 05:26 PM
    I am thinking sometime in October the new batch will start to hit the shelfs for replacment ownwers.

Remember the CPSC now has to do hours and hours of testing on these new devices.

Will take time.
    09-09-2016 05:30 PM
    Doesn't look like Samsung made a statement about turning them off. Bad article title by CNN.
    CPSC said to turn them off.
    No. Samsung is asking people to power down the device and exchange it. Read the linked Samsung update above.
    09-09-2016 05:33 PM
    Never have I seen such a big ball of crap over a phone.
    Don't worry Samsung is going to give everyone a $25. bill credit for all their trouble.
    09-09-2016 05:33 PM
1,655 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD