23 32.86%
  • Probably going to hand it in.

28 40.00%
  • Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    So Y r they in contact with Samsung again?
    09-11-2016 08:50 PM
    It's a rumor based on an anonymous user on a reddit thread that got turned into a clickbait article. While it may happen, this story is based on the weakest of Internet rumors.
    I wish people would quit linking to that click bait crap.
    toenail_flicker and bbqdroid like this.
    09-11-2016 08:51 PM
    Lithium batteries are evil.........

fwinst likes this.
    09-11-2016 08:51 PM
    With no replacements and zero knowledge of when more will come in stock to replace them. Will be weeks before people start getting their replacements and how many more incidents will happen by then...Also why as a 6 year old handling a $900 phone in the first place aside from it exploding...
    09-11-2016 08:53 PM
    With no replacements and zero knowledge of when more will come in stock to replace them. Will be weeks before people start getting their replacements and how many more incidents will happen by then...Also why as a 6 year old handling a $900 phone in the first place aside from it exploding...
    I'd handed my note 7 to my 3 year old before I returned it. So what?
    09-11-2016 08:56 PM
    Tell that to the guy who's house burned down.
    His house didn't burn down. There was a fire in part of his garage. No proof that the phone was the cause of the fire because he also had an air compressor plugged in to the same outlet.
    09-11-2016 08:56 PM
    I'm sure I'll be flamed for this, but I don't care. If it helps save one person from injury, ESPECIALLY a child, then I will gladly take it.

There are now reports that the battery meltdown has happened outside of charging which means it can happen at any time!

That should have been the assumption by everyone from the get-go. It irked the bejeebus out of me that so many people ASSUMED and advised that it was a charging issue. Samsung never said that, and for those that are tech savvy at all, I'm especially surprised. Hardware is hardware, and cathodes and electrodes are just that. If the separator is defective, it doesn't matter if it's positive or negative from charging OR discharging. The meltdown can happen at any time, and THAT should have been the assumption all along since it was deemed a defective battery issue.

There was no point in bringing it up before, though; people will think what they think, and do what they do, even now with several cases of it happening outside of charging. Those same folks will continue to think they know better, it didn't really happen that way, they need proof, or that they are immune. In turn, others will continue to be ill advised, and the risk to their loved ones or anyone in their presence continues to be an issue.

Good grief, it's just a dern phone. Yes, I love it, too, it's the best, I miss it, etc. But C'mon... Stop thinking you are smarter than everyone else, and be responsible. It's that flipping easy!

Rant over.
    What reports said it happened outside of charging?

Burning 6 year old doesn't count, because they didn't say it wasn't charging.
    09-11-2016 09:07 PM
    My son watches videos on my phone all the time. Especially more now that I returned that deadly phone.
    09-11-2016 09:09 PM
    Why are people so vehemently defending a phone that the manufacturer has absorbed hundreds of millions in losses in order to initiate a global recall?
    benjamminh, donnajo62 and drusum like this.
    09-11-2016 09:09 PM
    Honestly I'm turned off by this situation. I don't want a replacement. I swapped for a s7e and will probably keep it.
    09-11-2016 09:10 PM
    People are so dramatic about this. If you really wanna know things. According to CDC. Bed kills 450 annually in the state. 1.8 mill emergency visits. They should recall all beds. You all are irresponsible and taking chances sleeping on a bed. Oh wait nobody cares about that or being blasted on media.
    09-11-2016 09:14 PM
    Hmm, as an adult, I'll wisely make sure my little one doesn't use my recalled phone. Problem solved.
    I've have 4 kids all different ages and it's humanly impossible to watch them all at once. Unless you're keeping your phone in a lockbox then you really can't be sure of anything when it comes to kids.
    09-11-2016 09:15 PM
    People are so dramatic about this. If you really wanna know things. According to CDC. Bed kills 450 annually in the state. 1.8 mill emergency visits. They should recall all beds. You all are irresponsible and taking chances sleeping on a bed. Oh wait nobody cares about that or being blasted on media.
    Have the manufacturers of beds issued a recall on theirbeds due immediate dangers? No? Then not the same thing.
    09-11-2016 09:20 PM
    Have the manufacturers of beds issued a recall on theirbeds due immediate dangers? No? Then not the same thing.
    That's the thing. Nobody pays attention to that. There are a lot of beds being recalled. Why not recall all bed that causes 450 deaths a year? Justified because its not so high vs everybody in the USA? Kinda how say 40 incident/alleged in 2.5 mill phone sold. Not defending anyone just saying everybody is being so dramatic when we all take risk when we walk the front door of our houses. Recall or not recall.

Just saying cpcs could have stepped into a lot of things but its because there is a billion dollar here. Why not join to get some of that? All these websites taking advantage of the situation to get click baits=money?
    09-11-2016 09:28 PM
    Oh geez...
    According to the Center for Disease Control, falling out of bed accounts for 1.8 million emergency room visits and over 400 thousand hospital admissions each year. The very young and the very old are most at risk, and with decreased stability as we age, people over the age of 65 tend to fare the worst when falling

09-11-2016 09:33 PM
    Ban coconuts and their trees...

Beach-goers are probably more scared of sharks than coconuts, but the brown, hairy fruit is actually responsible for more annual human deaths than the ferocious sea creatures. Falling coconuts kill an alarmingly high 150 people each year!
    09-11-2016 09:36 PM
    Ban coconuts and their trees...

Beach-goers are probably more scared of sharks than coconuts, but the brown, hairy fruit is actually responsible for more annual human deaths than the ferocious sea creatures. Falling coconuts kill an alarmingly high 150 people each year!
    So I say let's all be bubble boy.
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    09-11-2016 09:39 PM
    Some claim that 2,500 deaths are caused every year when left-handed people attempt to use products designed for right-handed people. While we can’t confirm that statistic it is true that left-handed people are five times more likely than right-handers to die in accidents.

This is actually concerning... I'm right handed... but I usually use my phone with my left hand
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    09-11-2016 09:41 PM
    Wow, now that's it hurt a kid, this phone is done.
    Yeah, this is the 2nd worst scenario possible, where a person has been hurt. We all know what is the absolute worst possible scenario and let's just hope this never happens.
    09-11-2016 09:48 PM
    OK. You do realize that you're making mockery of a child being hurt. Regardless who or what is at fault. It's a child.
    09-11-2016 09:50 PM
    Recalled Samsung phone explodes in little boy’s hands | New York Post

The frustrating thing is how impossible it has been for Samsung to send *one* message through all of its retail channels. There are posts everywhere where people are told to take their phones home until the new ones come in, or stores jerking people around on return policies, or lying, or ignorant. Who knows what or how many stories the owner of this phone was told or if they ever even received the "turn off your phone and wait until some future date when you might get a replacement" message from Samsung.
    Eh.. There is *some* merit in that, but not much. The bottom line is no matter what was said where/when... If a recall over a safety issue is ignored, the responsibility lies with the irresponsible consumer. Period. There would be no need for blame or lawsuit if everyone would just be that - responsible. As I stated earlier... It's that flippin' easy.

I want to punch that adult who ignored the safety issue and let the child use the phone. That's where the fault lies, and with that adult only. I didn't need a company telling me it may or may not be safe. Companies/corporations don't recall something and lose millions of dollars if there is not an inherent risk. Again.. Period.

The *only* Pass Go caveat in this is if there was never a notification on the phone itself. If there was, that parent is the schnit and deserves the fleas of a 1000 camels infesting his nostrils, eyeballs, and ears.
    jj2339 likes this.
    09-11-2016 09:53 PM
    Hmm, as an adult, I'll wisely make sure my little one doesn't use my recalled phone. Problem solved.
    Thank you. Party dern simple, eh?
    09-11-2016 09:55 PM
    Return the phone. Use a temporary phone.

..really should be end of story.
    09-11-2016 09:57 PM
    What reports said it happened outside of charging?

Burning 6 year old doesn't count, because they didn't say it wasn't charging.
    This is my point in a nutshell.

Defective battery is defective battery. Why do you need someone to clarify that??? It truly makes no sense.
    09-11-2016 10:00 PM
    Yeah it's a lot of dismissive people trying to downplay the seriousness because their device hasn't caught fire. It is serious. And it can happen to you.
    Has anyone read about anyone from this forum have thier phone burn up? You would think we would have at least one.
    09-11-2016 10:00 PM
1,655 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD