23 32.86%
  • Probably going to hand it in.

28 40.00%
  • Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 3435363738 ...
tools
    I have T-mobile and my Note 7 was an upgrade from the Note 5 on Jump program. I was supposed to send the Note 5 back by 9/22 but I put it off. When all the stories came out Friday that stated that the Note 7's should be turned off and returned to carriers, I decided to return the Note 7. I called T-mobile on Saturday to verify I could return the Note 7 and go back to using the Note 5 until the new Note 7 arrived. I then went to a T-mobile in the afternoon to return the Note 7. It took an hour and a half for the manager to get through the process of returning the Note 7, refunding my money, turning off the Note 7 EIP and restarting the EIP for the Note 5.

Worth it to me to return the Note 7 as it was my main phone and the one I took to work. I don't think my employer would look kindly on me if my phone started a fire.
    09-12-2016 02:02 PM
    Surprised that now they say they have found a way to tell if your device got the bad batch of battery cells. In the beginning they said they used two 3rd party battery cell providers and one of them provided faulty cells resulting in the batteries catching fire and exploding but they had no way to tell... hence a complete recall. Will be interesting to see what additional information is provided when the website goes live.
    This is simply how the new devices without the battery problem are being differentiated. Any device in the wild outside of the very few replacements that have already been sent should fail this imei check.
    seajypsy likes this.
    09-12-2016 02:04 PM
    Mod Note

We have cleaned a few posts that have a supposed "IMEI check" for the defect. This site is NOT a legitimate Samsung site and IMEI numbers shouldn't be given within this site. Please do not post links to it.

Thanks.
    09-12-2016 02:07 PM
    Well my theory is more of a separate release later in the year (like a plus model) rather than the replacement phones.

Given that the current Note is pretty much tainted beyond repair.
    I agree. In the mind of the general public Note 7 = fire hazard.
    09-12-2016 02:10 PM
    Sorry, I was not too sure about that site. Looked kind of fishy from the get go.
    09-12-2016 02:10 PM
    I am using the edge and Verizon will let trade back to the Note. Am conflicted because am liking this phone. I love the Note7. It's insanely stunning. But this edge is smooth no lagging. I don't know what to do now. I miss my note7 too
    The whole situation is sad
    Make sure you get that in writing, signed by the president of the company. I don't trust anything the corp. stores are saying and little I hear from telephone CS.
    09-12-2016 02:15 PM
    I know it is a moot point now, but I just have to say this.

See what you get when you try to be like SAPple and get rid of removable batteries? This could have been handled much more easily if they had not gone for look over function.
    09-12-2016 02:17 PM
    Make sure you get that in writing,
    I made sure to see the note (no pun) with my own eyes in the system at US Cellular (I got them to go 3 months for no-hassle return on an S7 Edge until they have N7 stock again) and had them print out a copy for me.
    scottishlassy likes this.
    09-12-2016 02:22 PM
    Samsung has stated that they will create a site like this however.

Amazing how quick the fraudsters are!
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-12-2016 02:23 PM
    Note 7's are selling like hotcakes on eBay now. Bad batteries and all.
    This is just so morally wrong in that these devices are all recalled.
    09-12-2016 02:24 PM
    This is the convo from 1 rep....another rep I talked to yesterday assured the same thing
    Looks like the person you spoke to (based on the chat you posted) didn't understand what you were asking. He/she didn't answer you question about "exploding" and seem to interpret your "charging" question as having to do with a fee for exchanging it as opposed to "re-charging" the battery. Then you seemed to misunderstand the person about the Notes effected. The person was talking about replacement Notes (which only a few people at Best Buy's got before they halted exchange because of the CSPC intervention). You seemed to interpret it as your phone not having the potential issue, but again all phones except for the replacement phones with the S sticker on the box (and the Chinese phones that have more memory) are potential problem phones. Samsung wouldn't have put a recall on all Note 7 phones (again except for the Chinese) if all the released phones didn't have potential for the issue.
    09-12-2016 02:27 PM
    If N7 is that dangerous then why . . .. . . don't all cellular companies simply knock them all offline thus rendering them useless?
    09-12-2016 02:29 PM
    Filed Better Business Bureau complaint against AT&T lack of customer care and service when attempting to exchange Note 7 for temporary phone since September 1. Still walking around with Note 7 that was bought on launch day.
    robber likes this.
    09-12-2016 02:29 PM
    I wanted to see for myself how deep the rabbit hole goes so I did a search on the beginning of the site without the "2". Just the very first segment of the url. It takes you to a "Sammy" help portal in Malaysia. If it's a spoof it's a good one and Sammy doesn't know about it. That said, I'm not putting my info in.
    Samsung has stated that they will create a site like this however.

Amazing how quick the fraudsters are!
    Teamjones likes this.
    09-12-2016 02:30 PM
    Looks like the person you spoke to (based on the chat you posted) didn't understand what you were asking. He/she didn't answer you question about "exploding" and seem to interpret your "charging" question as having to do with a fee for exchanging it as opposed to "re-charging" the battery. Then you seemed to misunderstand the person about the Notes effected. The person was talking about replacement Notes (which only a few people at Best Buy's got before they halted exchange because of the CSPC intervention). You seemed to interpret it as your phone not having the potential issue, but again all phones except for the replacement phones with the S sticker on the box (and the Chinese phones that have more memory) are potential problem phones. Samsung wouldn't have put a recall on all Note 7 phones (again except for the Chinese) if all the released phones didn't have potential for the issue.
    I didn't post the whole convo lol I was asking about replacement requirements before so she answered that before she answered my second question.
    Pretty much she said the replacement phones have no issues, and she was like the phone had a hardware issue, which she said a few of them had, but Samsung is doing a recall on ALL phones for the safety of everyone

I didn't ask if my personal phone had an issue or not. I was asking if all phones had the issue or just some.
    09-12-2016 02:31 PM
    . . . don't all cellular companies simply knock them all offline thus rendering them useless?
    how would that make them safer. i am keeping mine shut off or not. and when the new ones arrive i will trade it out.
    09-12-2016 02:32 PM
    I wanted to see for myself how deep the rabbit hole goes so I did a search on the beginning of the site without the "2". Just the very first segment of the url. It takes you to a "Sammy" help portal in Malaysia. If it's a spoof it's a good one and Sammy doesn't know about it. That said, I'm not putting my info in.
    I check the URL and it comes back as being owned by Samsung.
    09-12-2016 02:34 PM
    . . . don't all cellular companies simply knock them all offline thus rendering them useless?
    There was a rumor that Samsung was going to disable all pre-recall phones by Sept 30, but Samsung refuted that
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-12-2016 02:34 PM
    how would that make them safer. i am keeping mine shut off or not. and when the new ones arrive i will trade it out.
    if you can't use to text/call, it would probably be used alot less....
    09-12-2016 02:35 PM
    so not using them makes them safe
    09-12-2016 02:36 PM
    if you can't use to text/call, it would probably be used alot less....
    Agreed but wouldn't stop everyone lol. Wifi makes a lot of things tolerable lol.
    09-12-2016 02:37 PM
    I don't get the question. Are you saying the device isn't really that dangerous so therefore Samsung is recalling all of them for nothing? Or carriers should cut them all of? Can't tell if the question is sarcastic or wants to know why carriers wont do something to **** off all their customers.
    09-12-2016 02:39 PM
    That's what I found. And the main portal is a Sammy help portal. At one point it offered to change my language and that's when I saw Malaysia.
    I check the URL and it comes back as being owned by Samsung.
    09-12-2016 02:43 PM
    I know it is a moot point now, but I just have to say this.

See what you get when you try to be like SAPple and get rid of removable batteries? This could have been handled much more easily if they had not gone for look over function.
    No one has confirmed that Removable Batteries would have solved this. It could easily be a faulty piece of hardware that connects to the battery and not the battery itself. At which point, the recall would still be necessary.
    09-12-2016 02:46 PM
    I made sure to see the note (no pun) with my own eyes in the system at US Cellular (I got them to go 3 months for no-hassle return on an S7 Edge until they have N7 stock again) and had them print out a copy for me.
    Smart move having them print it out! Notes can get "lost in the system".
    lizardchest likes this.
    09-12-2016 02:51 PM
1,655 ... 3435363738 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD