09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 3738394041 ...
tools
    Yours made in Korea?
    No made in China
    09-12-2016 05:22 PM
    Note 7 bedside charging station:

Attachment 239259
    Putting a lithium battery that is on fire into water is the worst thing you can do. You need to Google about how to handle a lithium ion battery fire.
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-12-2016 05:24 PM

When there is a bad part on a car, the entire car is recalled, not just the bad part.
    Huh😞

They don't give you a new car. They just replace/repair said part.
    09-12-2016 05:24 PM
    Huh😞

They don't give ypu a new car. They just replace/repair said part.
    That is not what I said. I said the entire car is recalled, not replaced. Wth?
    09-12-2016 05:26 PM
    Note 7 bedside charging station:

Attachment 239259
    Lithium batteries can reach temperatures of up to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit when burning.

Also, it's probably not a good idea to get a damaged lithium batterie wet, Lithium is highly reactive to water and dropping a burning phone into water might make things worse. Although, there is relatively little lithium in a Lithium-Ion battery, nevertheless, why take the chance?

That said, since I never use my oven, that's where I have my Note 7 stored until Verizon finally sorts this mess out.
    09-12-2016 05:33 PM
    In my opinion, for the moment, it is. That said...
    Thought it was the Samsung version one
    09-12-2016 05:34 PM
    Right. But not my place to post the link back.
    If that site was fake how would it know the difference between Note 7's and other S7 IMEI's as needed to be replaced or not?
    Seen some check their Note 7's, some are showing as need replacing and some as not. Still not giving up my IMEI there.
    09-12-2016 05:36 PM
    I got a call from samsung and missed the call and i called them back. It was just a friendly call because i called about the promo a week or so ago. The lady asked me if i had the note 7 and i said yes. And she said please power it down. I said thank you but i will when they come in stock due to my sprint store not giving me anything really as a loner phone. She said to me that MANY stores have them in stock. And that Samsung has shipped them to stores but stores were told to never release 1 phone till they get the memo it is okay to do so.

She told me that i should power it down right after i hang up and return it and again i said when i get a replacement phone since my local sprint store is being jerks about the loaner.

She also said that Samsung is not liable for anything that happens since i was warned to power it off by the cpsc and that Samsung also says turn it in right now.

My phone does not get hot and i am not going without a phone. Now lastly what about the tempered glass i put on it i bought? I can't exchange it. Anyway i am glad that the phones are in the places they need to be just waiting on the stupid cpsc to finish and let them be exchanged. And she said hopefully the end of the week or 1st of next week.

Last thing i said was thank you and she said your welcome and please power off the phone and i said thank you for your concern
    09-12-2016 05:47 PM
    you said replaceable batteries wouldn't have stopped this. I agree. However, if they were replaceable, as with the Note 4, the issue could've been resolved by having customers take phones in to retailers for a new battery. That is much easier than trying to replace the entire device.
    09-12-2016 06:06 PM
    you said replaceable batteries wouldn't have stopped this. I agree. However, if they were replaceable, as with the Note 4, the issue could've been resolved by having customers take phones in to retailers for a new battery. That is much easier than trying to replace the entire device.
    Yeah, I'm guessing that the Galaxy Note 8 will have a replaceable battery.
    09-12-2016 06:10 PM
    I just hope the Note 8 don't get released 6 months after we get our SAFE Note 7's.
    Note 7 - Shot down in a blaze of glory
    09-12-2016 06:19 PM
    I doubt it. But I would wholeheartedly support it.
    09-12-2016 06:26 PM
    I just hope the Note 8 don't get released 6 months after we get our SAFE Note 7's.
    Note 7 - Shot down in a blaze of glory
    I'm sure the Note 8 will be out before we see any Note 7 replacements here in the US.
    09-12-2016 06:35 PM
    http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-new...flight-n543516

Sometimes things just goes one sided.. No bans when it actually happened mid air. .
    lanenubia likes this.
    09-12-2016 06:57 PM
    Lithium batteries can reach temperatures of up to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit when burning.

Also, it's probably not a good idea to get a damaged lithium batterie wet, Lithium is highly reactive to water and dropping a burning phone into water might make things worse. Although, there is relatively little lithium in a Lithium-Ion battery, nevertheless, why take the chance?

That said, since I never use my oven, that's where I have my Note 7 stored until Verizon finally sorts this mess out.
    I hope you have a GFIS on that charger outlet/circuit that might protect the phone but you could have a hole noutgher issue there with water and ecectric
    09-12-2016 07:03 PM
    I have been presented with a unique opportunity to re buy my note 7 from a different retailer that I had originally wanted to go to but was too late on the pre order so I decided to stick to my pre order through my carrier.

It suddenly dawned on me that since this phone needs to be replaced anyways, why not just get my refund from my rogers carrier and go through Costco like I wanted to? Sure I may lose out on any perks samsung is offering to customers who stick.it out but for samsung Canada, it doesn't sound like we are getting much in the way of any perks anyways

My only question in, since I've already received my gear fit 2, I assume it's mine to keep now correct?

I know I'll be longer down the list to get a note 7 again and i am 1000% in keeping this device but I do have a perfectly good iphone 6s plus to be used in the meantime

The other push for me to just send it back for a refund is because I was supposed to sell my iphone to pay for the note 7 but now that I'm supposed to turn it off and not use, I'm.using my iPhone because the loaner option from rogers is a very bare bones basic phone. So atleast since it could be a month to get a replacement, I don't have to pay up the $560 for a phone I can't use lol

Anyone else taken this path?
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    09-12-2016 07:05 PM
    Yeah I returned mine and reactivated my iPhone 6s Plus. Now I am torn whether to buy the iPhone 7 plus or just use mine for awhile.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    09-12-2016 07:13 PM
    Did you get to keep your free samsung gift?
    09-12-2016 07:14 PM
    Given the hysteria they should remake the movie Sorcerer, that is about a truck delivering nitroglycerin (great movie) and replace the nitro with Note 7's.

Call it Noterer
    09-12-2016 07:19 PM
    I brought Note 7 and got a Gear fit 2. I returned the Note 7 and got a S7 Edge as a replacement... I have since submitted and was approved for a 256gb micro SD card.

I'll just keep playing the game till I get it a note 7 that doesn't blow up
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    09-12-2016 07:23 PM
    I called 1-800-SAMSUNG and asked where to return my "gift" and was told to keep it. Not saying that is an official position, and I'm sure they are frazzled right now, but in the midst of this insanely screwed up recall, I don't think they are interested in sending me a mailing label to return a used part. What in the world would they do with them?

PS - we returned (refunded) my son's GN7 and bought a new S7e, and promotions approved a free Gear VR with $50 in media credits...
    09-12-2016 07:28 PM
    Given the hysteria they should remake the movie Sorcerer, that is about a truck delivering nitroglycerin (great movie) and replace the nitro with Note 7's.

Call it Noterer
    I doubt replacements are coming anytime soon, now is a great time to replace the device while all the carries are being helpful
    09-12-2016 07:47 PM
    I doubt replacements are coming anytime soon, now is a great time to replace the device while all the carries are being helpful
    I really don't want to return this for a S7 edge and then two days later they announce Note replacements. knowing my luck that is what will happen
    09-12-2016 07:55 PM
    No. There wouldn't be any batteries to replace them with just like there aren't any Note 7 to replace the faulty Note 7s with. You'd be left with a phone with no battery until new batteries were made.
    09-12-2016 07:59 PM
    http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-new...flight-n543516

Sometimes things just goes one sided.. No bans when it actually happened mid air. .
    That's because Gizmodo didn't take it to the authorities.
    mmsean likes this.
    09-12-2016 08:01 PM
1,655 ... 3738394041 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD