23 32.86%
  • Probably going to hand it in.

28 40.00%
  • Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 4041424344 ...
tools
    Looks like the Canadian recall is in effect and the number of incidents in the USA has doubled now..

http://www.androidauthority.com/cana...-start-716100/
    If you are in Canada and own a Galaxy Note7, you should return your device for a safe unit as soon as possible, Government of Canada urges.

Couple this with their stock market loss is looking bad..

https://www.google.com/amp/www.marke...F-3713D53E66F6

Hopefully they can stop the bleeding soon
    09-12-2016 10:31 PM
    Went to Best Buy today and got on the list to receive a new replacement N7 when they come in. Pretty sure I'll use mine until then..... although if I hear anymore confirmed reports and N7s catching fire... I might fire up my N5 which I have on hand as backup.

So far, there have been only 35 confirmed cases of phones catching fire that I'm aware of.
    That number has doubled now..

http://www.androidauthority.com/cana...-start-716100/
    If you are in Canada and own a Galaxy Note7, you should return your device for a safe unit as soon as possible, Government of Canada urges.
    09-12-2016 10:38 PM
    Lithium batteries can reach temperatures of up to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit when burning.

Also, it's probably not a good idea to get a damaged lithium batterie wet, Lithium is highly reactive to water and dropping a burning phone into water might make things worse. Although, there is relatively little lithium in a Lithium-Ion battery, nevertheless, why take the chance?

That said, since I never use my oven, that's where I have my Note 7 stored until Verizon finally sorts this mess out.
    I was always curious about this. Anyone know what the ideal response is if your phone starts burning?
    09-12-2016 10:54 PM
    I was always curious about this. Anyone know what the ideal response is if your phone starts burning?
    Stop, drop, and roll!
    ajb1965 and drusum like this.
    09-12-2016 10:57 PM
    Stop, drop, and roll!
    Lol well played, well played
    Note4 likes this.
    09-12-2016 11:12 PM
    I would just like to add that this whole thing sucks. Big time. Makes me sad. It feels like it tarnishes Samsung and Android. Any brand damage Samsung takes on hurts Android too i feel like. My iPhone friends have been sneering at me.
    Some of my friends have iPhones.

While we do crack jokes every now and then, they were actually pretty concerned and asked what I was going to do.

I would think that any manufacturer would be on the hook if a serious safety flaw happened on their product(s).
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    09-12-2016 11:13 PM
    You need a Class D fire extinguisher. DO NOT use water, or try to smother the fire!!
    09-12-2016 11:18 PM
    Yeah it called get the heck out of there as fast as you can.
    You need a Class D fire extinguisher. DO NOT use water, or try to smother the fire!!
    09-12-2016 11:23 PM
    Not even with sand? (it would seriously mess up my gear, but hey)
    09-12-2016 11:41 PM
    09-13-2016 12:06 AM
    Wao, this is a big hit for samsung
    09-13-2016 12:07 AM
    Where's the option for "tried to hand it in, and none of the stores would take it back?"
    DatsyukianDeke likes this.
    09-13-2016 12:13 AM
    This is unfortunately what you would expect. Not all phones have been handed in yet, so it is predictable that there will be more reported battery fires before this is all over.
    09-13-2016 12:14 AM
    Source: Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. recalls Samsung Note7 smartphone - Recalls & alerts - Healthy Canadians Website

The Samsung Note7 smartphone battery has the potential to overheat and burn, posing a potential fire hazard.

Health Canada and Samsung Canada have received one report of a phone battery overheating. No injuries have been reported.

Samsung has received over 70 reported cases in the United States.
    Not clear if 70 phones actually caught on fire or if they are overheating (and to what degree). I'm curious as to what the breakdown of those 70 are.
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    09-13-2016 01:08 AM
    Nor do we know how many of these cases have been verified.
    09-13-2016 01:37 AM
    This is the best way to back up & restore a phone?? you need a computer to do it?

An iPhone does everything into iCloud, no computer required ever.

Yup, you can back up to phone, SD card, or computer, or you can transfer everything connecting phone to phone when you get the replacement. You can also select what to back up and what not to.
    How to use Samsung Smart Switch to backup your Galaxy phone | Android Central
    09-13-2016 01:40 AM
    Now they are saying the child that was burnt wasn't a galaxy note 7. It was a Samsung Core? What is that?

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...393131791.html
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    09-13-2016 04:33 AM
    Now that the site is up, does that mean you will only get a replacement if it says your device is effected?
    09-13-2016 04:36 AM
    Isn't that worse for Samsung if more phones outside the note line are exploding?
    09-13-2016 04:44 AM
    No...
    How many ways must someone say that ALL NOTE 7 PHONES are no good except the ones sold (not made) in China?
    EVERY SINGLE NOTE 7 MUST BE EXCHANGED. The look up tool is useless until the new stock is released..
    Jona005 and robber like this.
    09-13-2016 04:51 AM
    It never ceases to amaze me at how many people elect to ignore warnings - - especially one like this given the factual basis.

Why? Why would any sane/responsible person gamble and put themselves and/or others in harm's way over a bloody cell phone?

And why haven't the cellular carriers acted to take all N7's offline?
    09-13-2016 04:52 AM
    I disagree somewhat. Logical people know how to separate the company that makes the hardware from the OS. The problem is that a lot of Samsung diehards make it feel like Android is Samsung and Samsung is Android. For instance a person can bash Samsung but not android. I ran into an instance where I said something negative about Samsung a while ago (which was well deserved at that time). And one of my friends who is a Samsung diehard immediately came at me talking about how Android is better than iOS. I had to quickly point out to him that I was talking about Samsung and not Android. He proceeded to be quiet at that point.
    I just don't understand why people need to get into such partisan debates over a phone.
    jbcatl and scorpiodsu like this.
    09-13-2016 04:53 AM
    It never ceases to amaze me at how many people elect to ignore warnings - - especially one like this given the factual basis.

Why? Why would any sane/responsible person gamble and put themselves and/or others in harm's way over a bloody cell phone?

And why haven't the cellular carriers acted to take all N7's offline?
    This is no different than people being warned of shark attacks at the beach.. Oh, well I was in the water and no sharks attacked me... I've been swimming out there with no problem.....
    09-13-2016 05:08 AM
    09-13-2016 06:28 AM
    I just heard this on the radio this morning, I guess this is one way to make the replacements different from the bad phones....

Samsung has a stop-gap fix for the Note 7 problem: OTA update to limit charge to 60% - Android Authority
    09-13-2016 06:53 AM
1,655 ... 4041424344 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD