28 40.00%
  • Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I'm using my note to read this 😘
    09-09-2016 06:42 PM
    Called the Verizon store I purchased from; of course they had no knowledge of the bulletin to power down your Note 7. He googled the bulletin while I was talking to him and saw the story on CNN. His advise to me...come in at the end of next week to get a replacement. I said Samsung said to power down immediately. He again said the replacement phones would be in at the end of next week.
    This is where you ask him for his name in full and that he and Verizon accept they will be held liable should anything bad happen while you wait another week. See what he says about that?
    indydrummer likes this.
    09-09-2016 06:43 PM
    Called the Verizon store I purchased from; of course they had no knowledge of the bulletin to power down your Note 7. He googled the bulletin while I was talking to him and saw the story on CNN. His advise to me...come in at the end of next week to get a replacement. I said Samsung said to power down immediately. He again said the replacement phones would be in at the end of next week.
    That was before the government recall became official. How will the replacements be approved and built that fast?
    09-09-2016 06:46 PM
    He probably wasnt aware of the new CPSC getting involved.

I have a feeling Samsung was trying to get this done as quickly as possible and not get the CPSC involved.

But now that they are involved this can take a very very long time to resolve. IT would not surprise me at all if the Note 7 is scrapped all together. (at least in the US since other countries have different rules)
    09-09-2016 06:47 PM
    Me too. People need to calm down a little. My Note 7 hasn't gotten even warm once while charging.
    lv2bsilly likes this.
    09-09-2016 06:51 PM
    He probably wasnt aware of the new CPSC getting involved.

I have a feeling Samsung was trying to get this done as quickly as possible and not get the CPSC involved.

But now that they are involved this can take a very very long time to resolve. IT would not surprise me at all if the Note 7 is scrapped all together. (at least in the US since other countries have different rules)
    Are you serious they might scrap it?? So you don't see anyone getting replacements anytime soon?
    09-09-2016 06:57 PM
    This blows

"The CPSC's involvement may change the pace of Note 7 exchanges, though. Samsung now says new Note 7s will be issued to existing buyers "upon completion of the CPSC process," and neither Samsung nor the CPSC offered a specific timetable beyond "as soon as possible."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnet....galaxy-note-7/
    09-09-2016 07:01 PM
    Yet they didn't get involved when the iPhone caught fire!! Just stupid. Send me my new phone now! Well can't say I'm really worried. They have blown this way out there.
    09-09-2016 07:11 PM
    Are you serious they might scrap it?? So you don't see anyone getting replacements anytime soon?
    Well that is my belief about it getting scrapped.

Samsung puts out new phones every 4 to 6 months. And with knowing how slow the CPSC is maybe Samsung will just say screw it and go to the S8 in March.
    09-09-2016 07:32 PM
    Looks like those replacement units won't be making it in by the carrier deadline. I'll just go ahead and return mine for a refund and begin researching new phone options. So much for my first Note. Never would've thought things would get this bad.
    This^^^^ Soooo freaking this!!!
    09-09-2016 07:34 PM
    Well that is my belief about it getting scrapped.

Samsung puts out new phones every 4 to 6 months. And with knowing how slow the CPSC is maybe Samsung will just say screw it and go to the S8 in March.
    The amount of goodwill they would destroy by doing that would be immense. They already have a lot to make up for. Doing that would be such a slap in the face to all of us who they've already inconvenienced that I just can't fathom it. They are a massive corporation. I'm sure they can get this process expedited.
    09-09-2016 07:36 PM
    Any chance the CPSC will force carriers to discontinue service to note 7s' until the issue is resolved?
    09-09-2016 07:37 PM
    Any chance the CPSC will force carriers to discontinue service to note 7s' until the issue is resolved?
    I was just thinking the same thing
    09-09-2016 07:40 PM
    Any chance the CPSC will force carriers to disconnect note 7s?
    09-09-2016 07:42 PM
    Highly doubt that.
    09-09-2016 07:45 PM
    I don't think that's even remotely legal.
    You could still use the phone on wifi
    stopped at my local store was told next week, given a card to call and double check
    09-09-2016 07:47 PM
    AT&T told me the same thing said the Samsung Rep had been in to let them know that they would be in next week and previous owners would get them first and then anyone else who wanted to purchase would be after that
    09-09-2016 07:52 PM
    stopped at my local store was told next week, given a card to call and double check
    All that means nothing now. Back to square one again. Only plus is, N7s are ready when they get the go ahead
    Hopefully it don't take months.

I am considering trading, down grade to a device, how sad it is to be forced into position like that?
    09-09-2016 07:55 PM
    AT&T told me the same thing said the Samsung Rep had been in to let them know that they would be in next week and previous owners would get them first and then anyone else who wanted to purchase would be after that
    And that's why this situation has been made worse by Samsung's bumbling response. It's a wonder a company so large can be so dysfunctional.

I'm afraid Samsung's site is probably more accurate than a local store.
    09-09-2016 07:57 PM
    Do you people still think the Note 7 a week from now will be in stores to swap, or is that off the table with the gubermint involved now?
    09-09-2016 07:58 PM
    I wonder if they can force the carriers to disable all Note 7s? Wow.
    09-09-2016 08:00 PM
    No. They cannot. Airlines can though. However the N7 is not really safe. There are more burning up than makes the news. My friends caught fire when he dropped it on the coffee table (2 inches).
    09-09-2016 08:02 PM
    Never have I seen such a big ball of crap over a phone.
    Don't worry Samsung is going to give everyone a $25. bill credit for all their trouble.
    If you are on Verizon, you will get $25 off accessories
    09-09-2016 08:12 PM
1,655 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD