23 32.86%
  • Probably going to hand it in.

28 40.00%
  • Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 5253545556 ...
tools
    Looks like this update to 60% might acfect all notes even the new ones ,then the update would be reversed after the recall ends.
    From Forbs today
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspen.../#393de58b304d
    09-14-2016 09:39 AM
    I don't believe anything Forbes has to say.
    09-14-2016 09:41 AM
    Note 7 for sale on ebay what gives and why is this allowed
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy...075?nav=SEARCH
    09-14-2016 09:43 AM
    Looks like this update to 60% might acfect all notes even the new ones ,then the update would be reversed after the recall ends.
    From Forbs today
    Forbes Welcome
    I read elsewhere that only the old phones will get this update.

Dun think this reversing method will work since there will surely be some Note 7 that are not being returned?
    09-14-2016 09:46 AM
    Screen wise just the opposite LG screens aren't the prettiest to look at...
    The screens are pretty subjective. For example, I prefer my G4 screen over the Note 7. The colors seem more accurate (I don't like the AMOLED over saturated colors), and the edge screens remind me of watching an old CRT t.v. With a tube going out and making the image wrap back on itself. It wouldn't be quite so bad if watching full screen videos and such didn't utilize the edge section, but they do and it's extremely distracting.
    GrooveRite likes this.
    09-14-2016 09:48 AM
    Already on a couple of threads. I don't know exactly which one either.
    I just heard on the radio that Samsung is releasing an update next week that will cap the charging percent of current bad note 7s to 60 percent.
    09-14-2016 09:52 AM
    The screens are pretty subjective. For example, I prefer my G4 screen over the Note 7. The colors seem more accurate (I don't like the AMOLED over saturated colors), and the edge screens remind me of watching an old CRT t.v. With a tube going out and making the image wrap back on itself. It wouldn't be quite so bad if watching full screen videos and such didn't utilize the edge section, but they do and it's extremely distracting.
    This is my first edge screen on the note 7 and im enjoying it , only 1 web page wraped the text into the curve.
    Munch better than looking at boarders on the side
    09-14-2016 09:52 AM
    So 4 days ago I dropped my Note 7 and cracked the screen.

Yes I know I should have had a case for it...and been more carefull.
    Of course now we are supposed to replace our Note7 with a different phone.
    My question is has anyone had a similar situation and how did the carrier/store handle it.

I am on the road for the next week and unable to take it to my home Verizon store.
    Also I bought this phone online from Verizon.

I wonder if all recalled phones from the USA will be destroyed or what will happed to them.

Thanks for any info from other clumsy Note 7 user's.
    I did see a YT vid on Android Authority, where it was said that the only benefit of the recall is if you've damaged your phone as you're effectively getting a free replacement.

Just what I saw. Don't shoot the messenger...
    09-14-2016 09:54 AM
    AMOLED screens can over saturate if you let them.. You have to be able to change out of the torch mode on them to do it. I liked my g4 a lot but hated it because of never being able to get the true blacks on it. This is one of the reasons I love my 6p and being able to set it in sRGB in the settings..
    09-14-2016 09:57 AM
    For those saying they won't turn it in until...
    May I ask, are you still using it, and if so, why are you willing to risk fire and injury to yourself, your loved ones, and your property, just for a phone?
    I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm too tired to fight back anyway, I just want to know.
    09-14-2016 10:03 AM
    May I ask, are you still using it, and if so, why are you willing to risk fire and injury to yourself, your loved ones, and your property, just for a phone?
    I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm too tired to fight back anyway, I just want to know.
    Still using mine. Dont have another phone to use, as I sold the phone that I switched from. Stores wont offer a loaner, so my choices are either, not have a phone at all, or take my chances with it until the replacements are in.
    msndrstood and seajypsy like this.
    09-14-2016 10:12 AM
    Thanks...yeah I have seen some reports of that...with Verizon it seems your at the mercy of the agent you talk to.
    keepnitreel likes this.
    09-14-2016 10:14 AM
    Phone. Not line of phones. I doubt they'll dump their Note Series. Only, possibly, the N7. Toyota didn't dump its model, nor did Honda because of airbags.
    Yeah I don't see them dumping the "Note 7 Phone" because of a recall.
    toenail_flicker and Jona005 like this.
    09-14-2016 10:17 AM
    Still using mine. Dont have another phone to use, as I sold the phone that I switched from. Stores wont offer a loaner, so my choices are either, not have a phone at all, or take my chances with it until the replacements are in.
    Wow, not honoring the loaners. That can't be good for the retailer or the user if anything happens.
    09-14-2016 10:17 AM
    We decided to keep my wife's and use it while it was asymptomatic. Yesterday she noticed it was not charging right and getting hotter than normal when trying. So it was shut off and will be doing an exchange today if all goes well.
    09-14-2016 10:23 AM
    Chances of anything happening are infinitesimal. Don't believe half the stories in the media. Couple that with the slim odds you have a phone that is defective, and that's why I continue to use mine. I certainly understand why others don't.
    jlczl likes this.
    09-14-2016 10:25 AM
    Same as the person above me: I traded in my previous phone so I don't have one. And I don't want a loner because of the hassle of new charging cables, cases, setting up an additional phone, etc. Waiting until they can do a clean swap for a new note 7. Mine works perfectly at the moment.
    jlczl and msndrstood like this.
    09-14-2016 10:25 AM
    Yeah I don't see them dumping the "Note 7 Phone" because of a recall.
    I'm almost wondering maybe the S8 will have a Note version and rebranded as an Edge Note or something and just scrap the Note 7. I mean replacements will still be out but otherwise they will scrap it, or more than likely it will be back in stores later. Either way I'm returning it today or tomorrow for an Edge. Besides I have to wonder about software updates for it not, plus trade in value and stigma attached to it. The Edge will be their flagship until next spring now. I guess I will wait until April or May to see what they do with S8 edge. No way I'm pre ordering or buying early again after this. I'll wait a month or two.

But it's time to focus on S8. Any chance they put an spen in the S8 Edge and brand it as a Note but with slightly different name.
    09-14-2016 10:26 AM
    I've been using mine everyday, all day since I received it on the 19th. No problems at all and no, I'm not scared of a phone catching fire or blowing up one bit. It's not going to happen and if it does I'll report back.
    09-14-2016 10:36 AM
    Bring it on. I'm still using both my Note 7's. By the time this update ever comes especially with Verizon I will already have my replacements lol
    Huh...? I think we're likely looking at more than 30 and maybe as long as 90 days before we get our replacements. What with the feds involved, who will have to agree to the safety of any new Note 7 handsets, there's no assurances of a speedy turn around. What we can be assured of is that the feds will be tough. They won't want to be responsible by OKing new handsets that turn out with similar defects. They dont care of any time frames. Our big question is really whether we are willing to continue to carry around a safety hazard for a potentially long period of time.
    09-14-2016 10:38 AM
    Ditto
    I've been using mine everyday, all day since I received it on the 19th. No problems at all and no, I'm not scared of a phone catching fire or blowing up one bit. It's not going to happen and if it does I'll report back.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    09-14-2016 10:41 AM
    Please. More like sit around on their behinds until they can't delay it anymore. Then they'll "be tough". Still waiting for the lobbyists and their dough...
    What we can be assured of is that the feds will be tough.
    09-14-2016 10:43 AM
    I've had a lot of issues here with Best Buy and phones.. So that is a no go for me anymore.. I'll buy through Amazon with PayPal.. You don't get a runaround with them and they have some great prices too..
    You can't use PayPal to purchase on Amazon btw.
    09-14-2016 10:43 AM
    The draw of the nekkid N7 is strong. It is a beautiful device and the lines pop.
    Yes I know I should have had a case for it...and been more carefull.
    lizardchest likes this.
    09-14-2016 10:47 AM
    I agree with everything you are saying about the software limiting the charge level not protecting anyone and perhaps giving people a false sense of security who keep using their N7. But I don't agree with your using your N7, for any length of time, while waiting for a replacement N7. You might not think that you could be holding a ticking time bomb, but if you are mistaken, you might be hurting others and not just yourself.
    The problem Samsung stated can not shift after production for the cells they use. If the insulation is compromised between the layers it should show soon after use (heat, poor battery life) and get progressive worse until stops working or a fire. Highly unlikely the cell is going to go bad after weeks of use and still running cool with proper capacitance. No time bomb unless the cell is penetrated to force as a chemical short (needle, knife, long drop etc). A long drop though would break the device anyway.

Added: An odd drop though could possibly compromise any battery in theory and not just the Note 7.

We can agree to disagree
    09-14-2016 10:49 AM
1,655 ... 5253545556 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD