23 32.86%
  • Probably going to hand it in.

28 40.00%
  • Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 5455565758 ...
tools
    I was lucky that I hadn't had the time to factory reset and sell off my N4 when the N7 recall happened. I was able to fall back painlessly. Then just got the MM update yesterday and it's working great.
    Are you on AT&T? Was reading a thread on the Note4 section that they are just receiving the MM update. Holy cow!
    09-14-2016 11:31 AM
    No back up and at this time not interested In the exchange fiasctco, if I felt at all my phone was faulty I would turn it off.
    09-14-2016 11:35 AM
    09-14-2016 11:35 AM
    Same thing happened to me. I dropped it after 3 days of ownership and the front glass cracked. I sent it to Samsung for repair (this was a week before the recall). Last week, someone from Samsung called and stated they will not be sending the phone back to me and that I had the option of getting a refund or a replacement.

I chose the replacement, they are suppose to be shipping the replacement to me this week. I suggest first go to Verizon first, if they give you a hassle then call Samsung. Technically, they have to take it back since it's a safety issue.
    09-14-2016 11:37 AM
    Sure but to say CPSC would turn a blind eye because it's apple is just lame. Obviously apple in those instances must have followed protocol with CPSC to take care of safety issues in manner to address and put it away.

Yes can't compare with this issue because I guess Apple has never had to deal with defective/exploding batteries over 1 million units. But I would guess they would have tried to handle it as best as Samsung would and no reason to believe they wouldn't have involved the CPSC.

Let's be real here... Samsung really messed up not following proper steps and involving CPSC and why we're stuck wondering how long to get back to selling Note 7s. I would still like to buy one.

Meh, that is an accessory. Small token for gaining accountability cred
    jbcatl likes this.
    09-14-2016 11:43 AM
    Are you on AT&T? Was reading a thread on the Note4 section that they are just receiving the MM update. Holy cow!
    Yep. I'm surprised we got it at all but it was a nice treat amid the N7 fiasco.
    rtwright68 likes this.
    09-14-2016 11:44 AM
    No, there is a conspiracy here.... we gotta be allowed to know the TRUTH!!! We are being lied to... it will be June of 2018 before they release the new ones.. Apple is paying the government to keep Samsung off the shelf.
    Finally someone gets it, I have a call into Alex Jones right now.
    09-14-2016 11:45 AM
    I sold my note 4 the day I got my 7 bad move it was in perfect shape got a quick $75 for it after 2 years , and yes it just updated to Marshmallow 6.01 and that actually created some problems with a couple aaps and the phone cycling , the 4 was/is a great phone really enjoyed it.
    If they update the 7 to Nougat I will decline that until its tested with other users on the 7 and bugs are worked out.
    so obviously I wish I still had ny note 4 to use now
    09-14-2016 11:46 AM
    I don't think a re-branding is out of the question, or even a bad idea at this point. I think sales of the Note 7 will be significantly hampered by all the bad publicity, as well as the bans by airlines and transportation authorities around the globe. There are even reports hitting the wire now that say there is a recall starting in China, as well as a ban on all Chinese airlines. Perhaps Samsung will cut their losses. I would suggest a re-brand to the Galaxy S. Instead of having 2 launches a year, about 6 months apart. Re-brand to the Galaxy S and Galaxy SE (executive). The SE would basically be a Note. So it would have a slightly larger screen, the S-pen, and some other software updates. The S would be your standard Galaxy S offering. The added plus to this would be that consumers could feel excited about their new device for a whole year, instead of feeling buyer's remorse when the newest upgrades are announced only 6 months or less from the time the bought their shiny new device. Just food for thought.
    09-14-2016 11:46 AM
    The greatest thing about the Note 4 is the removable battery. I don't have a Note 7 but it doesn't seem all that much slower in performance then my Note 5 and S7 Edge. It will be useable for a few more years at least. Get a few extra batteries and they will last just as long.
    rtwright68 likes this.
    09-14-2016 11:50 AM
    I don't think a re-branding is out of the question, or even a bad idea at this point. I think sales of the Note 7 will be significantly hampered by all the bad publicity, as well as the bans by airlines and transportation authorities around the globe. There are even reports hitting the wire now that say there is a recall starting in China, as well as a ban on all Chinese airlines. Perhaps Samsung will cut their losses. I would suggest a re-brand to the Galaxy S. Instead of having 2 launches a year, about 6 months apart. Re-brand to the Galaxy S and Galaxy SE (executive). The SE would basically be a Note. So it would have a slightly larger screen, the S-pen, and some other software updates. The S would be your standard Galaxy S offering. The added plus to this would be that consumers could feel excited about their new device for a whole year, instead of feeling buyer's remorse when the newest upgrades are announced only 6 months or less from the time the bought their shiny new device. Just food for thought.
    So even if replacements are issued I guess it will still be a hassle to fly with them and other stuff and lower resale value. I guess maybe just get the Edge and wait until next spring to see what Samsung brings?
    fwinst likes this.
    09-14-2016 11:57 AM
    This would be a great op to cut their losses on the Note 7 and when they release the S8, release the S8 , Edge and Note 8 at same time.

Notes use to showcase the newest specs and have the latest processor, etc. Now it's 6 months behind the S series and will now always behind the S series while Apple comes out with next gen specs at same time. It's kinda lame the Note 7 is rocking an old processor and it's performance is meh. Release all three at the same time. Apple did it right with iPhone and Plus models at same time.
    fwinst likes this.
    No back up and at this time not interested In the exchange fiasctco, if I felt at all my phone was faulty I would turn it off.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...3719746229.jpg
    When the time comes when you feel it was faulty, it might be too late...
    Jona005 and keepnitreel like this.
    09-14-2016 12:07 PM
    I think Samsung's best bet would be to offer Samsung Protection Plan on the new batch of Note 7s as a goodwill gesture.
    I like this idea a lot.
    09-14-2016 12:07 PM
    I'm almost wondering maybe the S8 will have a Note version and rebranded as an Edge Note or something and just scrap the Note 7. I mean replacements will still be out but otherwise they will scrap it, or more than likely it will be back in stores later. Either way I'm returning it today or tomorrow for an Edge. Besides I have to wonder about software updates for it not, plus trade in value and stigma attached to it. The Edge will be their flagship until next spring now. I guess I will wait until April or May to see what they do with S8 edge. No way I'm pre ordering or buying early again after this. I'll wait a month or two.

But it's time to focus on S8. Any chance they put an spen in the S8 Edge and brand it as a Note but with slightly different name.
    Yeah I'm thinking this might happen.
    09-14-2016 12:08 PM
    Yeah I'm thinking this might happen.
    I do too. I hope they have the Edge in stock today. One thing for certain is I will NOT by the S8 Edge, Note, whatever it's rebranded until a couple months after release. I don't want to get hosed again like I did this time pre-ordering. The Edge should last me until next May. I know I won't get the regular S7 type phone again with tiny screen.
    09-14-2016 12:10 PM
    I never knew they were recalled, I just knew when I asked about them a few times at different places they just said they don't sell them anymore.
    09-14-2016 12:13 PM
    Ive been playing with phones in various stores and I haven't seen ANY note 7s (not even dummy phones) on display though one best buy worker had a personal one he was eventually going to return when he could get it replaced
    09-14-2016 12:14 PM
    This would be a great op to cut their losses on the Note 7 and when they release the S8, release the S8 , Edge and Note 8 at same time.

Notes use to showcase the newest specs and have the latest processor, etc. Now it's 6 months behind the S series and will now always behind the S series while Apple comes out with next gen specs at same time. It's kinda lame the Note 7 is rocking an old processor and it's performance is meh. Release all three at the same time. Apple did it right with iPhone and Plus models at same time.
    That's where I'm headed. If the S8 is ready (I mean really ready) for release before Christmas, I say do it. That would mitigate some of the losses from the Note 7. Then release the re-branded duo of the S9 and S9E (Executive/Note) next August. That would put your best foot forward about a month before Apple puts out their new offerings. If Samsung were to offer the S8 before Christmas, and I were Samsung, I'd forego the Note 7, and offer those with Note 7 devices, the new S8. Granted it won't have the S-pen. But at least you'd be offering the most updated device, instead of a device (S7) that will be outdated in a few months.
    09-14-2016 12:15 PM
    The greatest thing about the Note 4 is the removable battery. I don't have a Note 7 but it doesn't seem all that much slower in performance then my Note 5 and S7 Edge. It will be useable for a few more years at least. Get a few extra batteries and they will last just as long.
    That's what I am thinking as well. I have a narrow window to make a decision, basically 9/20/2016 before I am "stuck" with the 7Edge. Hope to hear something from Samsung/CSPC by then.
    09-14-2016 12:17 PM
    note 4 user here, comparing it with the s7 edge I haven't noticed any performance increase with the edge over the note 4 ...now benchmarks probably say otherwise but regular tasks didn't notice...if you are in a bind you will get by great
    rtwright68 likes this.
    09-14-2016 12:19 PM
    I have a Note 4 for work and it doesn't compare. I finally got the marshmallow update on Sunday and it looks exactly the same as it did before the updates. The UI is horrific.
    09-14-2016 12:20 PM
    Yep. I'm surprised we got it at all but it was a nice treat amid the N7 fiasco.
    Man alive. Is the sky falling? Are pigs soaring over our houses with beautiful sets of wings!? AT&T pushed Marshmallow to the Note 4? We're talking AT&T here? The AT&T with the blue striped globe logo?
    rtwright68 likes this.
    09-14-2016 12:20 PM
    Man alive. Is the sky falling? Are pigs soaring over our houses with beautiful sets of wings!? AT&T pushed Marshmallow to the Note 4? We're talking AT&T here? The AT&T with the blue striped globe logo?
    09-14-2016 12:23 PM
1,655 ... 5455565758 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD