23 32.86%
  • Probably going to hand it in.

28 40.00%
  • Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 5657585960 ...
tools
    Here is wha the above adaptor looks like inside the Note 4. You can see it just slides in and out. I don't have a sim card in the phone at the moment.

Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission-20160914_121035.jpg
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-14-2016 01:12 PM
    Funnily, the only reason I moved on to a Note 7 in the first place was because my Note 4 had a short and fried itself back in June. (I got it second hand, so, I don't know how it was treated in its first year, and I have no idea if the short was due to the previous owner, something I may have done, or simply a fault with the device). I'm not sure which way I'll go if I can't get my Note 7 replaced with another.

I loved my Note 4, but I wouldn't want to go back to one now that I've had the Note 7. The Note 4 is a great phone though, and definitely a viable alternative.
    09-14-2016 01:16 PM
    I am currently waiting for two of these devices and I don't know if I should keep the preorder for both or just one and maybe look for an iPhone 7 Plus (for my father).
    I do not intend to compare the prices of the iPhones with the prices of the Samsung so... Do you think that the price is going to drop more/faster than normal for the Note7? Is the resale price also going to drop? (taking into consideration all this "show" with the battery).
    P.s.: I like a lot the Note7 but I do not want to pay the full price now and the very next month to drop 100-200€/£/$... I also don't believe they are going to start selling any refurbished Note7s at least untill the release of the new Note8.
    09-14-2016 01:16 PM
    I do too. I hope they have the Edge in stock today. One thing for certain is I will NOT by the S8 Edge, Note, whatever it's rebranded until a couple months after release. I don't want to get hosed again like I did this time pre-ordering. The Edge should last me until next May. I know I won't get the regular S7 type phone again with tiny screen.
    I doubt something like this will ever happen again, I wouldn't worry about pre ordering again. This is one of those lessons you only have to learn once lol. You being Samsung.
    09-14-2016 01:19 PM
    I turned mine in since global recall and wanting no chances. Two have exploded in Phoenix that I am aware of. I know Samsung will bounce back from this. Am glad corporate Verizon offering double switch. Am using the edge7 right now. Twice today I went for the stylus. Lol. It's a habit. I hope Verizon knows soon but in the meantime I have a worry free device.
    What double switch? I'm with Verizon and the store I got from is not being too helpful.
    09-14-2016 01:22 PM
    Smart switch will work just fine. You can back it up on your computer. Once you get the new Note 7, you can restore everything to it.
    09-14-2016 01:23 PM
    A few stuff I dont trust on automatic... so I take picture and make notes and set them up again later... automatic sometime break or make it less functional than before
    09-14-2016 01:26 PM
    I returned mine for the S7E and while it's a decent device, I miss the Note in it's black beauty!
    09-14-2016 01:26 PM
    TMO is sending me a Note 5 to use temporarily. I'll miss USB C since all my chargers now are that, and I'm sure I'll notice a slight difference in the screen and stylus, but I'm not really dreading the change. I just wish it had an SD slot, but for a couple weeks to a month or so I can make do.
    09-14-2016 01:27 PM
    Had to? I thought about getting an iPhone but decided I can't really stomach iOS on a phone. It's fine on my iPad, but on a phone, it's just annoying in so many ways.
    09-14-2016 01:27 PM
    I agree, come Friday it's either a new replacement Note 7 or the iPhone 7 Plus.
    Let me know what you decide.
    09-14-2016 01:29 PM
    Sounds like you need a new job to me. Nobody would force me to give up anything / anywhere even at gunpoint.
    Ca_lvn and the real batman like this.
    09-14-2016 01:35 PM
    I work for a big company in a big building with lots of people. A guy at work as a joke told our director of security I have one (as do others here besides me). Security came up and "confiscated" my phone. After about 30 minutes I went down to the director's office and he had placed it in a secure fire safe. I got it back, but he came back up with a fire extinguisher and said to worry first about company property and then me.

That's cold.
    09-14-2016 01:38 PM
    Here is a picture of my Note 4 with the modified AT&T micro SIM, modified to hold the nano Sim from the Note 7. About 20 or 30 minutes with a sharp razor knife. AT&T said the old SIM from the Note 4 was not ever usable anyhow. Note 7 is a much better phone all around but the Note 4 is just fine and I use the S-Pen way to much to want a silly S7. I just lined up the contacts set the nano SIM on top the micro Sim and drew around it with a Sharpie. Stay between the lines and out of the fingers with the razor knife.

Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission-img_0859-1-.jpg
    09-14-2016 01:39 PM
    Yeah I nearly told them where to go, but replacement work isn't quite as prevalent as it used to be. I'm a contractor too, so it's very easy to let us go compared to FT people. And besides, the pay is quite good so it's hard to complain there. It wouldn't have been that long ago that I would have let them fire me over it, but maybe I'm getting wiser as I get older? (I'm 48)
    09-14-2016 01:40 PM
    A pic of the modified sim tray on the N4 would be great. Thanks.
    above
    09-14-2016 01:40 PM
    Sounds like you need a new job to me. Nobody would force me to give up anything / anywhere even at gunpoint.
    09-14-2016 01:43 PM
    Here is a picture of my Note 4 with the modified AT&T micro SIM, modified to hold the nano Sim from the Note 7. About 20 or 30 minutes with a sharp razor knife. AT&T said the old SIM from the Note 4 was not ever usable anyhow. Note 7 is a much better phone all around but the Note 4 is just fine and I use the S-Pen way to much to want a silly S7. I just lined up the contacts set the nano SIM on top the micro Sim and drew around it with a Sharpie. Stay between the lines and out of the fingers with the razor knife.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0859[1].jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	512.4 KB 
ID:	239424
    I'm trying to figure out for what I do, would the Note4 be a good enough device? Especially at nearly 2/3's the cost of the Note7. With 6.0.1 being available for the Note4, that would probably be the last major O/S update for the Note 4, so would that carry me 1-2 years? I don't do anything very advanced with my phones, just apps & internet, don't really play major games or am worried about advanced photography. I have an iPhone 6S+ for my work device, this would be for my personal use and playing around. Thoughts?
    09-14-2016 01:51 PM
    So 4 days ago I dropped my Note 7 and cracked the screen.

Yes I know I should have had a case for it...and been more carefull.
    Of course now we are supposed to replace our Note7 with a different phone.
    My question is has anyone had a similar situation and how did the carrier/store handle it.

I am on the road for the next week and unable to take it to my home Verizon store.
    Also I bought this phone online from Verizon.

I wonder if all recalled phones from the USA will be destroyed or what will happed to them.

Thanks for any info from other clumsy Note 7 user's.
    I was told by the folks at AT&T that they are required to take the phones back in any condition. I even asked what if I bring it back busted up, and he just replied "any condition". Best Buy also told me the same thing.
    09-14-2016 02:00 PM
    How so? If he has it on his person the whole time and charges it only in an area with no flammable materials around what can happen? Do you believe it'll just blow up with no warning while he's using it? Is there any evidence of this happening to anyone (since the report about the 6 year old child was revealed to not even be a Note 7)? At that, it can obviously happen to any phone but is there evidence that any of these occurrences happen this way on a Note 7? Serious questions.
    there have been 70 reported incidents already (if you want to believe the Canadian report)..pretty sure the phone won't start beeping with a count down to tell him that the battery is about to explode....but hey, if folks want to roll the dice, be my guest...
    09-14-2016 02:02 PM
    So you guys rather loose your jobs than give up a phone? A phone which is a potential fire risk?

What about home?

Phone still more important than family?

Sad 🤔
    09-14-2016 02:08 PM
    Yeah, it's a shame that I have lost my S-pen and it will not be with the phone when I return it.
    09-14-2016 02:09 PM
    Stuff happens.
    maybe I'm getting wiser as I get older?
    09-14-2016 02:12 PM
    So you guys rather loose your jobs than give up a phone? A phone which is a potential fire risk?

What about home?

Phone still more important than family?

Sad ������
    There are some of us who understand exactly what the risks are and know how to mitigate those risks. Among other things, it's called Personal Responsibility.

I never charged mine with a cheap charger. I also kept it within arm's reach at all times. I wasn't about to leave it unattended anywhere, since if it were to start acting up, I could do something about it immediately.

And I was willing to do that to keep the thing until I could get another one. But, some people, like at my office, are a bit too timid.
    09-14-2016 02:14 PM
    Yeah, it's a shame that I have lost my S-pen and it will not be with the phone when I return it.
    That's funny, I seem to have lost my S-Pen too.
    chazglenn3 likes this.
    09-14-2016 02:19 PM
1,655 ... 5657585960 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD