23 32.86%
  • Probably going to hand it in.

28 40.00%
  • Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 5859606162 ...
tools
    Screen wise just the opposite LG screens aren't the prettiest to look at , cameras are going to be close, sound wise definitely a downgrade, ir blaster on the v20, shouldn't be a issue with a glass screen protector on the v20, you do have 7.0 on the v20.. and it will have a removable battery..

These are 2 very different phones..

Now the bad.. The v20 will have lg's UI and depending on which carrier you have may or may not have a factory recovery. No one knows if they have fixed the bootloop issues they have been plagued with and they aren't the greatest when it comes to optimizing the os. No way of using package disabler pro on the LG and no waterproofing.

The really bad about the US version of the edge is it's abysmal sounding speakers and crappy battery life. If you can get a unlocked Eynox version and the really bad won't be present. If you use a great BT headphones with AptX it's not as bad but it is doable if you aren't a audiophile.

Personally.. I would get a full refund then find a really inexpensive phone you can buy outright to use till all of this settles down.. I went with the Nexus 6p and actually love it.. I won't be buying anymore carrier branded phones again, as good as the Notes are I just don't need the bs associated with them or the carriers and this phone is a kickass phone on 7.0 sans the s-pen.. And both new Pixels will be out next month sometime as the rumor mill states..
    Don't most Android users slap on a 3rd party Launcher? If that's the case who cares what the default UI looks like?
    09-14-2016 02:55 PM
    Right, your recalled phone catches fire (you were put on notice that this can happen and asked to return it).
    Burns down a building and kills a couple of people. Who do you think the courts will hold liable.....hint it wont be Samsung.
    I think that's a bit extreme. You're just bringing badmojo (x69) to this thread.
    09-14-2016 02:56 PM
    I could have locked the phone in the top-case on my motorcycle, but like I said before I didn't really want it out of my sight.. because then who knows, it could have gone up and taken out my bike and any bikes near it. That would have been bad. ...
    This is what I don't get - if you are concerned about leaving it out in your bike, not even charging, why no concern for carrying it in the office? Whether in your pocket or on your desk, the "burn" is going to hurt just as much, even if you manage to pull it out and get it into a trash can quickly (hopefully one you didn't dump dozens of pages of paper into).
    09-14-2016 02:58 PM
    Right, your recalled phone catches fire (you were put on notice that this can happen and asked to return it).
    Burns down a building and kills a couple of people. Who do you think the courts will hold liable.....hint it wont be Samsung.
    Lol
    09-14-2016 02:58 PM
    They send them to stores and only allow exchanges and no new sales.....They would set a new release date and carriers wouldn't be able to sell them until then
    I returned my N7 and went back to my N4. How do they handle my case? I do have the receipt for my return.
    09-14-2016 03:02 PM
    To be fair to Samsung, you DO have the option to return it right now, either for a full refund or with a very capable 'loaner' phone (most carriers are giving out S7's). Plus, rumor has it that, at least in the US, it's the FCC that's holding the already-available replacements back until they're convinced those are safe.
    The same FCC that let the current stock in?
    toenail_flicker and ibcop like this.
    09-14-2016 03:04 PM
    It popped up in the few threads I follow. One or more may have been merged in from elsewhere.
    Good deal, but I haven't seen the post anywhere else, but then again, I haven't read them all either.
    09-14-2016 03:06 PM
    I'm just watching for retractions. Like the Note 7 that was a Galaxy Core.
    70 incidents of what though? Kaboom? No. Incidents where the device over heated and flammable items near them catching fire. What I'm saying is that I think these stories are sensationalized somewhat. It's not like they're actually exploding like a grenade right?
    09-14-2016 03:07 PM
    In the office or on my person it would be nearby so I could react if something happened. In my bike, no such option.

I already had an action plan if something happened anyway. It rests on a non-flammable pad, which I would then pick it up and dump it into my little cooler that sits at my desk, which is full of frozen water bottles and sodas... so it'd probably just melt through a water bottle and drown itself. Worst-case I'm out a cooler and some beverages.

If it was in my pocket, I'd just drop my pants and let it do its thing. I keep a spare pair of pants with me anyway (and underwear, and socks, etc). If you ride a motorcycle someplace where it rains frequently, you prepare for this sort of thing.

But it's all moot now anyway, since it's in AT&T's hands and I have this interesting little digital camo S7 Active now.
    09-14-2016 03:09 PM
    And when arriving at the carriers corporate location were told they didn't have loaners, and wouldn't do a return. And not to believe all the internet hype. Just keep the Note 7 and continue to use it normally until replacements arrive.
    jlczl, msndrstood and marla523 like this.
    09-14-2016 03:09 PM
    Samsung is not stupid. This is a flagship phone and was primed to be one of their best sellers before the battery debacle. They're not going to abandon it after the recall has settled down. Remember that it's not just the N7 that's at stake, it's also the Galaxy S8 line next year. They know they have to make people comfortable with the N7 before then, otherwise the same questions will be floating around come March.
    09-14-2016 03:10 PM
    Okay, so in the interest of humor, wouldn't it be amusing (in an unfortunate way) if we hear of some carrier store locations burning down due to these phones?
    Voxelflinger likes this.
    09-14-2016 03:10 PM
    I returned mine on Monday (Got back my full retail +850.00 here)
    I've purchased a refurbished s6e to be craiglisted when I get a new Note 7.
    Tried an iphone and no way in....!

I miss...
    1 larger size
    2 s pen
    3 usb c
    4 secure folder

Don't miss...
    1 the price I paid for it!
    2 the current concerns and worries of traveling with it, charging it, workplace or whatever

Advantage of returning it...
    1 They told me to keep the free items...therefore I did! 256gig micro sd card, 150 gift card & all original accessories

2 I realized all over again how limited ios is (used the iphone 6 for 3 days). Just don't do it! You've been warned!

3 Getting to try the s7e (both kids have one and love them) so I'll have something nice to use in the interim (no matter how long it takes for the new note 7 to drop)

4 I have the opportunity use my new upgrade on contract this time.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-14-2016 03:15 PM
    You don't put out a lithium battery fire with water, smh
    Wiley_11 and fwinst like this.
    09-14-2016 03:17 PM
    Will Verizon return your upgrade date if you return the Note 7?
    I purchased mine at a reduced rate agreeing to another 2 year contract. I would want my upgrade back so I can purchase something else.
    09-14-2016 03:25 PM
    Okay, so things that I THOUGHT I wouldn't miss coming from Note 7 to S7E are as follows-

Grace UX - This is what I miss the most out of anything.

Iris Scanner - It worked a lot better than I ever though it would and I really dislike not having it now.

Updated AOD - I liked the 3rd party support and additional notifications.

The lesser Edge display - The edges on the S7E are too curved and I don't think I would have noticed it without using the Note 7 first.

Things I DON'T miss

Battery Life - I get better battery life on the S7E, by probably 2-3 hours.

Things I don't really care about either way

S Pen - Meh...its neither good or bad for me.
    09-14-2016 03:28 PM
    I would seriously consider pranking that a hole at your work. Get even. Oh and btw I still have mine. Not going backwards with a S7. Will wait another week for the new Notes to arrive.
    Bcool likes this.
    09-14-2016 03:28 PM
    How will they know what the difference is when we all get replacements? Glad I no longer fly.
    09-14-2016 03:30 PM
    Dang thats messed I would be pissed, but I think that guy that freaked out overreacted. I mean its not like its gonna blow the whole room up and kill everyone.
    09-14-2016 03:31 PM
    Samsung has only itself to blame. They rushed this phone out to beat the iPhone 7 to the punch. Yes, I know... They released the Note line same time last year.

Their Quality Control failed them even though it was a subsidiary company.

The Note 7 had one of the biggest rollouts in Samsung's history and the large following here at AC was fully behind the phone.

Heck, even die hard Apple folks came over to Android with the perceived success of the Note 7.

If I were Samsung, I'd make darn sure the re-release of the Note 7 is bullet proof. And the next S8 as well.

A very nice discount on the Note 7 wouldn't be a bad idea. However, I don't know the culture of Samsung well enough to think that they would do that.

Better QC is what's needed.
    09-14-2016 03:33 PM
    Check out this, very interesting and probably true, article from Forbes regarding the Note 7. This and several other things are making me second guess keeping this beautiful device.

Forbes Welcome
    I'm no fan of the Note 7 personally (my wife is the one with it), but I wouldn't take this author to heart. He also wrote an article comparing the N7 camera to other cheap Chinese phones, where he basically said those other phones were on par with the N7's camera despite glaring differences where the Note 7 was better in his own sample pictures.

I think he is too biased against them and just part of the fear mongering. Sure, Samsung has some major PR work ahead of them, but they will get through it like any other big company with a recall. Heck, just look at the auto industry and their myriad of recalls.
    09-14-2016 03:35 PM
    I returned my N7 and went back to my N4. How do they handle my case? I do have the receipt for my return.
    If you, like me, returned your N7 for a refund and went back to your old phone that had previously then you are out of the loop. You would have to wait and go through the "New Purchase" line after all the others do their exchanges. For me it was worth it because even though I love the N7 and think it is a great phone - there really is no telling when the new ones will be released. I've got my money back. My upgrade is reinstated. And I have this cool Gear Fit2 for my troubles!
    09-14-2016 03:36 PM
    My wife's phone has been perfect since day one. Until today. They are all ticking time bombs due to the manufacturing process. It's not a matter of if but rather when.
    09-14-2016 03:37 PM
    Wondering if I still have a home to go to!
    09-14-2016 03:37 PM
    So what happened to her phone? Pictures? Thanks.
    Until today.
    09-14-2016 03:38 PM
1,655 ... 5859606162 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD