23 32.86%
  • Probably going to hand it in.

28 40.00%
  • Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 5960616263 ...
tools
    How will they know what the difference is when we all get replacements? Glad I no longer fly.
    FAA will issue a ban lift, and it'll be up to each airline to decide how to proceed. For instance, some airlines were considering just 'banning' powered-on Samsung phones all around to avoid having to train personnel on how to recognize a Note 7.
    09-14-2016 03:38 PM
    So if I understand this correctly, Samsung, the makers of the device, has urged everyone to power down the Note 7.
    The U.S. goverment has gotten involved over confirmed reports of several of the devices catching fire and causing property damage. They have also said the device cannot be powered on when on planes, and a city has stated the device can't be powered on when on the city's public tranport.

Yet, many of you are upset that a coworker felt unsafe with the device being in the office, possibly endangering their life, and the lives of the other employees on site, and that person is the one you think is being unreasonable?
    09-14-2016 03:43 PM
    Omg what a bunch of hog wash lol meanwhile laptops, other phones ,or electronic devices there all at risk , come on people geez lol
    dogdooley likes this.
    09-14-2016 03:43 PM
    I miss the S-Pen and I miss the Iris scanner ....I really like those 2 features. However, I must say that the battery life on the S7E is freaking awesome!!! LOL! Truthfully, I want another Note 7 as soon as possible.
    09-14-2016 03:46 PM
    Omg what a bunch of hog wash lol meanwhile laptops, other phones ,or electronic devices there all at risk , come on people geez lol
    No. This is an issue with Samsungs battery manufacturing process that is creating this issue. It has to do with these batteries. Not others. They identified the manufacturing issue but it does affect all Samsung made note 7 batteries. They admitted it and shared exactly what went wrong.
    09-14-2016 03:48 PM
    It is overblown, for sure...BUT it is standard FAA policy that any device with a recall related to its battery WILL be put on ban lists (just look at hoverboards... you can't even get those in checked baggage). Actually just not being able to turn it on was the least annoying one they could have chosen; at least you can still travel with it.
    09-14-2016 03:50 PM
    I miss the whole damn enchilada!!!
    So what happened to her phone? Pictures? Thanks.
    Sudden and massive battery drain after removing from the charger. The battery is failing.
    Next they swell and that's when they can combust.
    Will Verizon return your upgrade date if you return the Note 7?
    I purchased mine at a reduced rate agreeing to another 2 year contract. I would want my upgrade back so I can purchase something else.
    Yes, your upgrade date resets if you do a return.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    09-14-2016 03:51 PM
    We decided to keep my wife's and use it while it was asymptomatic. Yesterday she noticed it was not charging right and getting hotter than normal when trying. So it was shut off and will be doing an exchange today if all goes well.
    Let us know what happens!
    09-14-2016 03:57 PM
    So if I understand this correctly, Samsung, the makers of the device, has urged everyone to power down the Note 7.
    The U.S. goverment has gotten involved over confirmed reports of several of the devices catching fire and causing property damage. They have also said the device cannot be powered on when on planes, and a city has stated the device can't be powered on when on the city's public tranport.

Yet, many of you are upset that a coworker felt unsafe with the device being in the office, possibly endangering their life, and the lives of the other employees on site, and that person is the one you think is being unreasonable?
    We have concealed carry on the job and I am more concerned about that than the phone.
    Super Dave426 likes this.
    09-14-2016 03:57 PM
    I sincerely hope Samsung isn't stupid enough to compound their mistake by releasing this update here. If my flawlessly functioning phone is gimped before I have a replacement I'm finished with them. I'm more than willing to trade my phone in for a new Note 7 but if they decide to gimp my perfectly functioning one while I'm waiting for a replacement that's being held up because they were too stupid to come clean with the CPSC immediately then I'm done.
    09-14-2016 03:59 PM

Hyperbole aside on the mortal danger being in a meeting room with someone and a Note 7, Yes

The people I work with know my background in batteries and trust my knowledge on the subject. Actually one of the reasons I am working where I am now is batteries. Still exchanging mine when one is available, but mainly due to concerns with warranty and support. The battery on mine is fine, based on Samsung's description of the problem. The are obviously not lying, since the problem the stated is embarrassingly standard to sample before a production run. That and not having a trace process for each device and their batteries indicates a poor process.
    The last warning from Samsung made me turn it in. I also took the opportunity to switch to Google Fi. $30 a month for cell service and data, international calling for 1 cent a minute. You roam on both Sprint and Tmobile towers. Been wanting to try it for a while, this was the right time. I'm on the old Nexus 5X for now, but will be getting the Marlin / Sailfish next month when they come out.

Loved the Note 7, best smartphone out there. By far.

There's a better chance of me getting lung cancer from second hand smoke than there is of my phone going up in flames. You know what the difference is here? The tobacco companies grease more government palms than Samsung. When everyone stops inhaling rolled up cancer and breathing it out into the air I have to breathe then I'll feel guilty about using my Note 7.
    09-14-2016 04:02 PM
    I was hoping to hang on to my note 7 till I could swap out for a new one. Not so sure now. The phone became pretty hot today while off the charger. Turned it off to let it cool down the battery temp was around 99F. Hasn't repeated since turning it back on but now rethinking continued use. It would be so much easier if Verizon who I pay a 300 a month phone bill wouldnt give so many different answers. I mean seriously setting a deadline of September 30 when the replacements aren't even out yet. I waited specifically for this phone. No other phone comes close.
    jordankreationz likes this.
    09-14-2016 04:03 PM
    Don't most Android users slap on a 3rd party Launcher? If that's the case who cares what the default UI looks like?
    3rd party launchers aren't system wide and don't correct a lot of the stock UI.
    09-14-2016 04:20 PM
    I was hoping to hang on to my note 7 till I could swap out for a new one. Not so sure now. The phone became pretty hot today while off the charger. Turned it off to let it cool down the battery temp was around 99F. Hasn't repeated since turning it back on but now rethinking continued use. It would be so much easier if Verizon who I pay a 300 a month phone bill wouldnt give so many different answers. I mean seriously setting a deadline of September 30 when the replacements aren't even out yet. I waited specifically for this phone. No other phone comes close.
    What app(s) where running when it got hot? The deadline was set by Samsung and the carriers (not Verizon solo) back before the CPSC got involved. If the CPSC drags things out (which there is no indication that they wouldn't) then Samsung and the carriers will extend the window.
    09-14-2016 04:21 PM
    Well I was approved for the VR set yesterday after getting a S7edge with the double exchange through Verizon..
    So is the new black version or the previous white one. The black one works with the Note 7 the white one does not.
    09-14-2016 04:28 PM
    Thanks. Sorry to hear.
    Sudden and massive battery drain after removing from the charger. The battery is failing.
    Next they swell and that's when they can combust.
    09-14-2016 04:55 PM
    So is the new black version or the previous white one. The black one works with the Note 7 the white one does not.
    According to the model number listed in the official rules of the promotion (Yeah, I went to read the fine print XD), it's the black one.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=rFpnnOd_
    keepnitreel likes this.
    09-14-2016 04:57 PM
    Well I was approved for the VR set yesterday after getting a S7edge with the double exchange through Verizon..
    Let me see if I got this right. You went in to Verizon, traded in your Note7, got a loner S7edge, went on the Samsung Promotion website, registered the s7edge (did you have to scan in a bill showing you paid money for the S7edge?) to get a (black) Gear VR, and have paperwork from the Verizon store showing you can trade in the S7edge for a new Note7 when they are available?
    Very sinister (just like your current avatar).
    09-14-2016 05:15 PM
    Unfortunately, the Note7 name is tarnished forever by this recall. Samsung should name the safe replacement phones the Note7.1, Note 7S or a new name all together. They may eventually do this if sales aren't good with the fixed phones. Nikon did this with their D600 camera and renamed the fixed one a D610. The D600 name was tarnished by sensor/shutter issues and sales tanked. The new D610 had the same specs.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-14-2016 05:16 PM
    Mine got "warm" for the first time last night. It was on the charger and I had previously turned on wifi and unbeknownst to me, it was downloading updates for every app that had one ready. I wouldn't say it was "hot" and were there no known issues I wouldn't have thought anything about it but due to the recall, I turned off WiFi and unplugged to let it cool off. I still don't find it a threat but I'm being more careful with it from now until i get my replacement. With my old phone I always charged overnight but I am learning not to do that with this one. I'm just a full battery freak. If it's below 50% I panic. I know.... It's a disorder I'm working on.
    09-14-2016 05:18 PM
    What do you guys think about keeping the device until the s8 comes out? And then exchanging it? They still have to exchange it , even if it's that far in the future?
    09-14-2016 05:21 PM
1,655 ... 5960616263 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD