23 32.86%
  • Probably going to hand it in.

28 40.00%
  • Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 6162636465 ...
tools
    Yes, this is a different type of phone, and the failure mode can certainly be different, but perhaps we're wrong to assume that the N7 won't catch fire unless it is being charged.
    I know of one woman that claimed her husband's Note 7 went up while it was not plugged in or on a charging pad. I can't really substantiate it like with a news story, which is why I hadn't mentioned it before.
    09-14-2016 10:53 PM
    I'm tired of hearing these stories. We wouldn't be hearing these stories if people were returning their phones.

Any Note 7 exploding stories from this point aren't getting any sympathy from me. Because now your making the choice to continue operating a potentially dangerous device.
    stmax likes this.
    09-14-2016 11:38 PM
    I'm tired of hearing these stories. We wouldn't be hearing these stories if people were returning their phones.

Any Note 7 exploding stories from this point aren't getting any sympathy from me. Because now your making the choice to continue operating a potentially dangerous device.
    It is the same stories repeated over and over and not verified. One of which was discredited since not a Note 7.
    Voxelflinger likes this.
    09-14-2016 11:44 PM
    I'm just the opposite, after leaving Apple a few years ago, and being with Android, mainly Samsung, I'm possibly getting ready to take the plunge with IOS and the iPhone 7+.
    I ordered mines a few days ago with T-Mobile I got the silver 128, my wait isn't so long
    09-14-2016 11:50 PM
    What's interesting to me about that video is the fact that, unless there is a wireless charging pad built into that table, the phone was not being charged at the time it caught fire. Yes, this is a different type of phone, and the failure mode can certainly be different, but perhaps we're wrong to assume that the N7 won't catch fire unless it is being charged.
    Samsung said its not just when charging, when using also.
    fwinst likes this.
    09-15-2016 12:03 AM
    So what's your point? Mine was working fine also. I still took it back as requested.
    09-15-2016 06:10 AM

Wouldn't be hearing these stories if the cpsc would let Samsung replace the phones either.
    Like I said. Everybody at the carriers are still using their phones waiting on new ones to be released.
    If it's this time next year. I will still be using my phone.
    I think I can handle it if it catch a on fire..which I don't think it's gonna do
    09-15-2016 07:06 AM
    I've been having horrible battery life with this phone lately
    09-15-2016 07:06 AM
    If that is correct then why would Samsung want to reduce the charging percentage? By their logic if true a 60% charged phone being used can still burn up. Would it not be better if Samsung had the carriers just kill the phone service? Or brick it so WiFi would not work.
    09-15-2016 07:20 AM
    If that is correct then why would Samsung want to reduce the charging percentage? By their logic if true a 60% charged phone being used can still burn up. Would it not be better if Samsung had the carriers just kill the phone service? Or brick it so WiFi would not work.
    As someone correctly pointed out, it would actually increase chances of an event, since the user would be charging more. Seems a tunnel vision effort to get people to turn in their devices.
    09-15-2016 07:24 AM
    Don't guess you've gone into device maintenance and done anything about battery. Putting programs to sleep. And optimizing things either huh.
    Cleared out junk files on yet phone either huh.
    How of her do you cut your phone off And cut it backbone rebooting it ?
    09-15-2016 07:24 AM
    For a bad cell, once the anode-cathode start reacting due to lack of insulation, it usually gets worse (never better). If you also have heat, even more reason to turn it in and be safe.
    fwinst likes this.
    09-15-2016 07:26 AM
    As someone correctly pointed out, it would actually increase chances of an event, since the user would be charging more. Seems a tunnel vision effort to get people to turn in their devices.
    Most people don't sound like they know what to do in case of a fire.
    So cut the phone off for everybody.
    I don't like that idea..
    09-15-2016 07:27 AM
    For a bad cell, once the anode-cathode start reacting due to lack of insulation, it usually gets worse (never better). If you also have heat, even more reason to turn it in and be safe.
    If you don't feel safe.
    DON'T worry what everybody else is doing. Go turn your phone in .
    People has to do what they feel comfortable with . With what other people do..
    I grew up old school.
    I can make decisions if something happens. I dont let things like this worry me.
    09-15-2016 07:31 AM
    Don't guess you've gone into device maintenance and done anything about battery. Putting programs to sleep. And optimizing things either huh.
    Cleared out junk files on yet phone either huh.
    How of her do you cut your phone off And cut it backbone rebooting it ?
    Yes I know how to do all those things and I usually clear everything out I'm just saying the last couple days I've been having bad battery life
    09-15-2016 07:36 AM
    If you don't feel safe.
    DON'T worry what everybody else is doing. Go turn your phone in .
    People has to do what they feel comfortable with . With what other people do..
    I grew up old school.
    I can make decisions if something happens. I dont let things like this worry me.
    I still have my Note 7 and think the cell is fine due to still no sign of heat or battery issues. In fact, my battery life is the best of any device I have owned by two hours SOT. Still, sudden battery life loss and heat (after subsequent restarts) kind of vectors in with the recall that the battery "might" be bad.
    09-15-2016 07:39 AM
    Seems a tunnel vision effort to get people to turn in their devices.
    BINGO. I believe Samsung is simply turning the screws a bit, increasing the hassle factor so that people will turn in their phones for an exchange.
    09-15-2016 07:39 AM
    BINGO. I believe Samsung is simply turning the screws a bit, increasing the hassle factor so that people will turn in their phones for an exchange.
    It is funny that Samsung seems to be doing things to invite problems and grow the hysteria. So far no validation on the fires that keep getting recycled in the news that Samsung reacted to after Gizmodo and others badgered the FAA and the CPSC. Then Samsung (who was already investigating) gets involved more publicly and BOOM.

I still respectfully will not be surprised if this eventually turns out to be a two billion dollar (at least) total cost overreaction- spurned by the media.

Added: Samsung already stated that a tenth of a percent of 2.5 million "might" have the problem, but their poor device component management means they do not know where the 2,500 cells are. Since they did not localize the recall, that suggests their production process for cells had a .1% rate out of tolerance. Presuming Samsung are sticking with that.
    jlczl likes this.
    09-15-2016 07:45 AM
    It's not the media... Samsung announced the two billion dollar recall. The two or three stories recycled, it was Samsung that said 35 THEY found. They are the ones initiating the recall of all Note 7s made.

I still respectfully will not be surprised if this eventually turns out to be a two billion dollar (at least) total cost overreaction- spurned by the media.
    09-15-2016 07:50 AM
    You know this is gonna cost Samsung money.
    But what does that have to do wirh you.
    Do you have stock in the 300 billion dollar company. Its tax write off for them.
    I'm surprised they don't have insurance to cover part of it.

Nothing to worry about with big companies.

And this is not gonna be the last thing to ever happen.
    It's always gonna be something.
    09-15-2016 07:57 AM
    The only thing that Samsung says that I believe are the letters I have been receiving from them either by themselves or +/- Bell and Health Canada. So far I have not seen that information come across.

So far the official situation is to turn off phone and today (Sept 15th) I should hear about how/where to get my 7.1 version.
    09-15-2016 07:58 AM
    Great time to buy Samsung stock. It won't stay this low for long...
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-15-2016 08:00 AM
    Great time to buy Samsung stock. It won't stay this low for long...
    This came at such a bad time for Samsung iPhone 7 pre-order sales is through the roof I really think this is going to hurt Samsung in the long run
    09-15-2016 08:03 AM
    It's not the media... Samsung announced the two billion dollar recall. The two or three stories recycled, it was Samsung that said 35 THEY found. They are the ones initiating the recall of all Note 7s made.
    They did not go full 100% aggressive campaign until after the videos and media started badgering about them. No validation- just accusation. Then the hysteria. Soundtrack by Nickelback (not a good thing).
    09-15-2016 08:08 AM
    The only thing that Samsung says that I believe are the letters I have been receiving from them either by themselves or +/- Bell and Health Canada. So far I have not seen that information come across.

So far the official situation is to turn off phone and today (Sept 15th) I should hear about how/where to get my 7.1 version.
    I'd be interested to know how many people here have actually received any communication about the recall directly from their carrier or Samsung that wasn't initiated by a customer phone call or inquiry. I have heard absolutely ZERO. If I were not tech saavy, and online quite a bit, I would know nothing about this recall.
    09-15-2016 08:08 AM
1,655 ... 6162636465 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD