Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: U.S. and Samsung tell Galaxy Note 7 owners: Power down now

Called the Verizon store I purchased from; of course they had no knowledge of the bulletin to power down your Note 7. He googled the bulletin while I was talking to him and saw the story on CNN. His advise to me...come in at the end of next week to get a replacement. I said Samsung said to power down immediately. He again said the replacement phones would be in at the end of next week.

This is where you ask him for his name in full and that he and Verizon accept they will be held liable should anything bad happen while you wait another week. See what he says about that?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Called the Verizon store I purchased from; of course they had no knowledge of the bulletin to power down your Note 7. He googled the bulletin while I was talking to him and saw the story on CNN. His advise to me...come in at the end of next week to get a replacement. I said Samsung said to power down immediately. He again said the replacement phones would be in at the end of next week.

That was before the government recall became official. How will the replacements be approved and built that fast?

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

He probably wasnt aware of the new CPSC getting involved.

I have a feeling Samsung was trying to get this done as quickly as possible and not get the CPSC involved.

But now that they are involved this can take a very very long time to resolve. IT would not surprise me at all if the Note 7 is scrapped all together. (at least in the US since other countries have different rules)

kabeeo

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per Consumer Oridyct Safety Commission

Me too. People need to calm down a little. My Note 7 hasn't gotten even warm once while charging.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

He probably wasnt aware of the new CPSC getting involved.

I have a feeling Samsung was trying to get this done as quickly as possible and not get the CPSC involved.

But now that they are involved this can take a very very long time to resolve. IT would not surprise me at all if the Note 7 is scrapped all together. (at least in the US since other countries have different rules)

Are you serious they might scrap it?? So you don't see anyone getting replacements anytime soon?

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yet they didn't get involved when the iPhone caught fire!! Just stupid. Send me my new phone now! Well can't say I'm really worried. They have blown this way out there.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

Are you serious they might scrap it?? So you don't see anyone getting replacements anytime soon?

Well that is my belief about it getting scrapped.

Samsung puts out new phones every 4 to 6 months. And with knowing how slow the CPSC is maybe Samsung will just say screw it and go to the S8 in March.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

Looks like those replacement units won't be making it in by the carrier deadline. I'll just go ahead and return mine for a refund and begin researching new phone options. So much for my first Note. Never would've thought things would get this bad.

This^^^^ Soooo freaking this!!!

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site

Well that is my belief about it getting scrapped.

Samsung puts out new phones every 4 to 6 months. And with knowing how slow the CPSC is maybe Samsung will just say screw it and go to the S8 in March.
The amount of goodwill they would destroy by doing that would be immense. They already have a lot to make up for. Doing that would be such a slap in the face to all of us who they've already inconvenienced that I just can't fathom it. They are a massive corporation. I'm sure they can get this process expedited.

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

stopped at my local store was told next week, given a card to call and double check

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

AT&T told me the same thing said the Samsung Rep had been in to let them know that they would be in next week and previous owners would get them first and then anyone else who wanted to purchase would be after that

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
stopped at my local store was told next week, given a card to call and double check

All that means nothing now. Back to square one again. Only plus is, N7s are ready when they get the go ahead
Hopefully it don't take months.

I am considering trading, down grade to a device, how sad it is to be forced into position like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21