Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: U.S. and Samsung tell Galaxy Note 7 owners: Power down now

AT&T told me the same thing said the Samsung Rep had been in to let them know that they would be in next week and previous owners would get them first and then anyone else who wanted to purchase would be after that
And that's why this situation has been made worse by Samsung's bumbling response. It's a wonder a company so large can be so dysfunctional.

I'm afraid Samsung's site is probably more accurate than a local store.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Do you people still think the Note 7 a week from now will be in stores to swap, or is that off the table with the gubermint involved now?

shadoweave

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Any chance the CPSC will force carriers to discontinue service to note 7s' until the issue is resolved?

No. They cannot. Airlines can though. However the N7 is not really safe. There are more burning up than makes the news. My friends caught fire when he dropped it on the coffee table (2 inches).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Never have I seen such a big ball of crap over a phone.
Don't worry Samsung is going to give everyone a $25. bill credit for all their trouble. :-\
If you are on Verizon, you will get $25 off accessories

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

eBay should ban all listings and remove it from their catalog. Same for sites like swappa. Act like the device hasn't been released yet.

Sorry but i gotta come to my "fav site" SWAPPA's defense again. SWAPPA pulled all listings of Note 7 as of midnight Sept 1, 2016... they don't want you buying any phones that go boom anymore than you do : )

BTC

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Samsung giving the $25 credit is, to me, a joke. With all the misinformation and carrier's having little to no clue on this process, it makes the purchase of this phone a burden. Shouldn't it be fun and exciting to get new tech? I've been a long time Samsung owner and will continue to be but this scenario has been nothing short of a Three stooges episode. Or maybe I should say Abbot & Costello's "Who's on first?" skit. I know, I dated myself.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Sorry but i gotta come to my "fav site" SWAPPA's defense again. SWAPPA pulled all listings of Note 7 as of midnight Sept 1, 2016... they don't want you buying any phones that go boom anymore than you do : )

BTC

Thats awesome. But I hope sites like them do the same too. Any site that allows users to buy/sell electronics where it's possible to get these devices.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Samsung giving the $25 credit is, to me, a joke. With all the misinformation and carrier's having little to no clue on this process, it makes the purchase of this phone a burden. Shouldn't it be fun and exciting to get new tech? I've been a long time Samsung owner and will continue to be but this scenario has been nothing short of a Three stooges episode. Or maybe I should say Abbot & Costello's "Who's on first?" skit. I know, I dated myself.
I have no issue with samsung, its the carriers that have turned this into a mess .
I also will continue to support samsung.
I like being able to smart connect/mirrow my phone to my samsung tv a fun way to preview your media

BustAGroove

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Samsung needs to seriously consider offering a FREE Samsung Protection Plan for Note 7. Maybe federal government and CP will suggest this. If the iPhone 7 wasn't being launched it would be easier to recover.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Just charged my Note 7 using the scary wall charger and cable. No problems at all.

I seriously have no problem with my Note 7.

I dont think the guys jeep burnt to the ground, or the guys garage burnt up, or the guys motel room got damaged on the first, second or 20th charge. I bet they used the big scary charger a few times before the damage occurred.

I am still using mine and am not scarred. I am charging in a safe environment. Just wish I had a comparible choice to replace this note 7 with considering the Note 7 was the only reason I upgraded early to begin with. I would keep it but it's looking like the replacement may take some time now. I just want to set up a phone to my likings and be done with it now!

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yah know what? I'm gonna go shop for cases....this is turning into a big mess. I already returned my Note 5 , I don't have a back up phone, I don't want a s7 edge or whateva it's called or a different phone and I need my phone for work...so I am waiting for a Note 7 replacement, whenever that happens. Gonna go get some nice cases, at this rate....this is going to be a long haul. When they ban the phone all together it will be time for a Note 8.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay