Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung's massive problem

So what other than this battery issue has happened to make you say that samsung has already developed a reputation of being dangerous?

None that I'm aware of - I guess the media coverage for the Note7 was enough.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Through the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program, you can:

Exchange current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (pending CPSC approval). Until time of approval, select carrier and retail outlets will provide customers, who prefer a replacement Note7, with a Samsung J Series loaner phone to use until new Note7s are available.

Exchange current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just got an email from Samsung.

Your safety remains our top priority

Dear, In response to our recent announcement regarding battery cell issues with the Galaxy Note7, we are advising that you power down your Note7 and exchange it now through our U.S. Product Exchange Program.

We strongly advise all customers to use this exchange program because your safety is our top priority. Additional sales and shipments of the affected devices have been stopped, but if you already have a Galaxy Note7, we strongly advise that you replace it.

Details on how to exchange your Galaxy Note7 can be found at Galaxy Note7 Exchange Program or at 1‑800‑SAMSUNG.

Click here to get started.

Just got it too. A lot more urgency than the first email.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
email from Samsung to power down and return

Your safety remains our top priority

In response to our recent announcement regarding battery cell issues with the Galaxy Note7,*we are advising that you power down your Note7 and exchange it now through our U.S. Product Exchange Program.*

We strongly advise all customers to use this exchange program because your safety is our top priority. Additional sales and shipments of the affected devices have been stopped, but if you already have a Galaxy Note7, we strongly advise that you replace it.

Details on how to exchange your Galaxy Note7 can be found at*https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....com%2Fus%2FNote7exchange%2Aor&token=FCYm2GIT at 1‑800‑SAMSUNG.

Click here*to get started.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: CPSC interfering with Note7 users desiring replacement Note7s from getting devices

What in the world is a "J" series????....no way, I don't think so....Ok now I am tired of Samsung, the CPSC and their bull. Either give people a decent and comparable choice of phone, hassle free and without all the hoopla going on, CPSC test the phones already instead of sending people all the emails and putting out notices, it's only making the situation worse because some die hard people won't give back the phone........WOW, is all I can say. This is an all around S..t fest. (excuse my french).

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Updated the Exchange Page!!

The replacement phones already shipped out long ago. The problem is now that people can't exchange for the new phones until (if) the government clears it.
I doubt Samsung has already manufactured, tested and shipped millions of devices within a week of finding the issue. The original phones have only been out for about 3 weeks..

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Updated the Exchange Page!!

The replacement phones already shipped out long ago. The problem is now that people can't exchange for the new phones until (if) the government clears it.

Do you think that will happen soon? Also is the damage done already to this years note's reputation?

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Trying to find out if we can get the loaner phone, and if it takes longer then expected if we can go through the second part of the exchange and just return the whole thing.

Just making sure we can still use option 2 if we pick option 1 first.

EDIT:

Nope we can only pick 1 option.

Either loaner phone and wait for note 7s to arrive

or

Exchange phone.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: CPSC interfering with Note7 users desiring replacement Note7s from getting devices

Inconvenienced by people looking out for you. Now that's a good one. It's just a phone. Next year there will be a better one. Be safe...

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: email from Samsung to power down and return

I'm so torn :(. I love my blue coral/gold Note 7 but I know I should probably return to my gold S7 Edge, which was admittedly flawless.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

It's called get a full refund and go buy a different phone or suck it up or play Russian roulette with what you have.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

Inconvenienced by people looking out for you. Now that's a good one. It's just a phone. Next year there will be a better one. Be safe...
Well said.......

Status
Not open for further replies.