Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung Updated the Exchange Page!!

I doubt Samsung has already manufactured, tested and shipped millions of devices within a week of finding the issue. The original phones have only been out for about 3 weeks..

Once Samsung realized which of the 2 companies had the bad batteries. They had the one which had the good batteries continue making Note 7's. So they never stopped. That is why China go the Note 7's without issues.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: email from Samsung to power down and return

They want these phones off the streets. Once the FAA took notice this was elivated to a new level.

Paul Paradis

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: CPSC interfering with Note7 users desiring replacement Note7s from getting devices

No one is looking out for anyone. Everyone is just covering their own behinds, and tbis recall is the biggest goatscrew I've ever seen. Everyone involved ought to be ashamed at the way this has been handled.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: CPSC interfering with Note7 users desiring replacement Note7s from getting devices

For me it is New Note 7 or back to the Note 4 and get my upgrade back. No other choice for me.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

Rock on, it's your life. Just keep that phone away from the kids.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Once Samsung realized which of the 2 companies had the bad batteries. They had the one which had the good batteries continue making Note 7's. So they never stopped. That is why China go the Note 7's without issues.
Lol, I don't know where you're getting your information, but I'd stop getting it there.

Most of the phones in the US were made in China. If those were without issues/risk, they wouldn't be recalling every single Note 7 that is being used right now (including the ones from China). There is no way these government agencies would let them just continue using the same batteries that they're telling everyone to stop using.. That makes no sense whatsoever.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Inconvenienced by people looking out for you. Now that's a good one. It's just a phone. Next year there will be a better one. Be safe...
This thing makes phone calls? That's like the 15th thing on the list that I use this phone for. It's more than just a phone to many people.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

Well by covering their own buts they are making sure they get these bad phones out of consumers hands. I'm sure everyone wants a safe produc and that will take time. IMOP the N7 is DOA at least until November. No way they will allow them to be sold again without 100% assurance this won't happen again.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: U.S. and Samsung tell Galaxy Note 7 owners: Power down now

They did mention Samsung is trying to rush out replacement for our phones though!

It no longer matters how fast replacement phones are shipped out as no one will give them to us unless the CPSC clears it. Since Samsung never made an official recall its annoying that the CPSC feels they can step in and force their opinions (that there should be a delay/freeze of replacements) on Samsung, carriers, and consumers.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
My biggest issue was the lag. I'm on a loaner S7E and the thing is 10x faster than my Note 7 was. I like the Note 7 better in general, but I really hope they can fix it with software updates. The screen on this S7E is also totally uniform in color. My Note 7 had a pink tint on the right side. I'm really hoping this next batch actually lives up to its price tag.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: U.S. and Samsung tell Galaxy Note 7 owners: Power down now

It no longer matters how fast replacement phones are shipped out as no one will give them to us unless the CPSC clears it. Since Samsung never made an official recall its annoying that the CPSC feels they can step in and force their opinions (that there should be a delay/freeze of replacements) on Samsung, carriers, and consumers.

This is why i'm not sure if i should get the crap loaner phone or just get the S7 edge. I don't want the note 5 because of no micro sd and i really want the note 7 but i'm starting to wonder how long it will take.

The rep said this week, but i doubt he know approval time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy