Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission

Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
One thing for sure, IMHO, government agencies don't like being left out of the loop. They can also be very vengeful.. since Samsung did not get CSPC involved right away, that agency will now make it very painful for Samsung. Samsung will have to jump through so many hoops now that they may well drop the phone in the US. Or it will take a long time to get approved for sell.
Yes the few batteries that resulted in catastrophic failure was a terrible event. Samsung identified the problem and implemented a solution. Government involement was not necessary in my opinion. Government should only get involved when the company fails to take proper action. Now we will have even more of these phones out there being used because people will not turn them in, waiting to see what happens. People will take the risk and use their phones while the government figures things out. And whatever they come up with it will be convoluted, require a lot of paper work, and take so much time that the Note 8 will have been out 3 months.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Only for the black ones. You'll probably be able to pick up the other colors at the Apple Store next Friday.

I'm ordering either the regular black or silver which says 2-3 week wait from apple. I'm not standing in line all night for a fricken phone. I'll have it shipped to the store 40 miles away and pick it up in store when my order arrives there.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I won't lie that jet black iPhone is looking real serious,

True, it looks like a serious fingerprint and scratch magnet :) (even Apple warns that the jet black scratches too easily). I wanted a normal black one but since neither the JB nor the normal black ones were available here, I ended up going with a silver version. Will ask whether they have other colors when I pick mine up on the 16th.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
True, it looks like a serious fingerprint and scratch magnet :) (even Apple warns that the jet black scratches too easily). I wanted a normal black one but since neither the JB nor the normal black ones were available here, I ended up going with a silver version. Will ask whether they have other colors when I pick mine up on the 16th.

If you're ordering and picking up at the Apple store it's 2-3 week delay, same as the Tmobile estimate wait time for 7 plus models.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm ordering either the regular black or silver which says 2-3 week wait from apple. I'm not standing in line all night for a fricken phone. I'll have it shipped to the store 40 miles away and pick it up in store when my order arrives there.

Neither would I - I'd never wait in line for an iPhone (or any other phone). I've pre-ordered mine and can pick it up on the 16th.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Neither would I - I'd never wait in line for an iPhone (or any other phone). I pre-order mine and can pick it up on the 16th.

Are you ordering a regular one? The 7 plus is backordered a couple weeks from both Tmobile and Apple store. You won't get it on the 16th unless production picks up some how.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't even consider the iPhone to be a flagship level device, so that's a no-go for me. I don't want a phone that would only be on par with 2011 offerings and is very uninspiring aesthetically.

I may go back to my gold S7 Edge, or just continue risking use of my blue coral/gold Note 7.

I wish Nokia's Android devices were already out.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Are you ordering a regular one? The 7 plus is backordered a couple weeks from both Tmobile and Apple store. You won't get it on the 16th unless production picks up some how.

I ordered a 7 Plus yesterday when the order page came online. I got it confirmed for pick up on Friday. Won't be a full replacement for the N7, though - but it'll have to do.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
They always throw grim dates out there after the first batch is gone.....they make 500k phones and day I doubt anyone is waiting that long...

This is entirely possible. Last December, I had to wait and wait to finally get a 6S on T-Mobile because they kept selling out. This was three months after release. This iPhone 7 looks like it will be just as popular as the 6S was and be just as hard to get.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site

silver is actually my favorite looking one

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
This is entirely possible. Last December, I had to wait and wait to finally get a 6S on T-Mobile because they kept selling out. This was three months after release. This iPhone 7 looks like it will be just as popular as the 6S was and be just as hard to get.

So if I order the 7 plus which shows 2-3 weeks delivery time you're are saying my delivery date might keep getting pushed back? I'm not talking about jet black.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So if I order the 7 plus which shows 2-3 weeks delivery time you're are saying my delivery date might keep getting pushed back? I'm not talking about jet black.
It will likely be within the 2-3 weeks they are promising but some people are getting shipping dates going back to October and beyond.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Depends on who you are ordering from. My only experience is with Verizon and their delivery dates for delayed iPhones are always accurate. I can't speak for other carriers.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I don't even consider the iPhone to be a flagship level device, so that's a no-go for me. I don't want a phone that would only be on par with 2011 offerings and is very uninspiring aesthetically.

I may go back to my gold S7 Edge, or just continue risking use of my blue coral/gold Note 7.

I wish Nokia's Android devices were already out.

I actually left Apple before they announced the iPhone 5s, been with Samsung a few years and I love there products and innovations. I gave Apple another chance when the 6 Plus came out. I stood with it for 2 weeks got bored and got the note 4 when it released. I'm starting to get that urge again to try out Apple but once I know for a fact once I have the iPhone 7 I'm going to miss a lot of Samsung features I'm going to hold off a little longer to see what Samsung plans on doing but I hope they don't take much longer

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per Consumer Oridyct Safety Commission

Me too. People need to calm down a little. My Note 7 hasn't gotten even warm once while charging.
Mine gets warm. But, it is no warmer than my Note 5 got when it was being charged.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
It will likely be within the 2-3 weeks they are promising but some people are getting shipping dates going back to October and beyond.

Yeah, the Jet Black was 2-3 weeks initially is now November. But if you live near an Apple Store, it might still be worth dropping in next Friday or Saturday and check what they have. Wouldn't be unusual that they still have stock on launch day and the day after. Or check with your carrier. I'd probably order one from Apple online now, then check out the Apple Store next weekend. If you walk out with a phone, you can still cancel the online order. Just tell the people at the Apple Store that you're switching over from an N7 and they will give you preferential treatment! (just kidding)

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
How serious is this issue now? Should we all agree this whole thing is getting pretty serious compared to just 4 days ago?

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I actually left Apple before they announced the iPhone 5s, been with Samsung a few years and I love there products and innovations. I gave Apple another chance when the 6 Plus came out. I stood with it for 2 weeks got bored and got the note 4 when it released. I'm starting to get that urge again to try out Apple but once I know for a fact once I have the iPhone 7 I'm going to miss a lot of Samsung features I'm going to hold off a little longer to see what Samsung plans on doing but I hope they don't take much longer

That's the problem - iPhones are somewhat plain and boring and lack many of the features I like on Android in general and Samsung phones in particular. However, they're also very dependable. Never had any serious issues with an iPhone (others might have, though). Right now, I'm going with dependable.

Status
Not open for further replies.