Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission

Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Return it and your Jump wont be wasted. I'm not trying to force my personal opinions on anyone. I'm stating my opinion...that's allowed isn't it?

Do what you want and if that means holding on to a phone that at this point 3 corporate bodies have advised you to return makes you happy then by all means hold on to it. For me it's just a "smart" phone and there are plenty of those out and I'm using this opportunity to try something different...again. Be safe.
Actually it will waste a Jump. Sure, I'll get this Jump back if I return it. But I use a Jump to go to something else and then turn around and use another jump to come back to this phone. Jump wasted.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile has told me twice on Twitter direct message that I could take my note into any T-Mobile store and grab a phone to use and turn it back in when the note was released. I would not lose a jump. I am not sure who you are talking to
As I said, I've talked to T Force which is Twitter and my local store. Neither said that.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
By not exchanging your unit you are doing others a disservice. You are also seriously jeopardising s/h value of your phone.

I certainly wouldn't buy it off you unless you can proof that yours is from a safe batch. Quite how Samsung are going about this, not sure yet but unless they do something these phones will loose a serious amount of money from new.
I don't sell my old phones anyway, I keep them for back ups. Right now I have a s5, and 2 note 5's in my collection. Forgot I also have 2 LG G3's also. It's foolish to not have a back up phone

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
OMG The sky is fallling!!!!!!!! The CPSC will not take forever. Sure it will review it, but I would not expect it to take more than a day or 2.. week tops. Samsung will have to provide their testing and their reports, and the desription of the fix... then its released. All the time this takes they are building up stock piles of the devices so when it is released there are plenty to go around.

There is so much random speculation and conspiracy on these threads it makes me sick. Samsung might not be telling the whole story, but what else do you think they are hiding. "Our batteries are blowing up and we are recalling all of them" Where is the hide??!?!??! They are doing as well as anyone can expect them to do considering the circumstances, taking a several Billion dollar loss... and you people won't be happy. Be pissed about the initial bad battery, but the rest you should be reasonable. Tough crowd!
Love it, the sky falling.. The end of the world is near, the new note 7 phones might be here a little later. Some people get worried over stupid things. 😂

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Would be absolutely foolish for Samsung to be stockpiling right now without some kind of "dont worry it will be ok" from the CPSC.

Now maybe the CPSC has given them that ok. As of now we just dont know when that will be, how long that will be etc.....
Samsung was stockpiling them for the recall before CPSC got involved

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: CPSC interfering with Note7 users desiring replacement Note7s from getting devices

It's called get a full refund and go buy a different phone or suck it up or play Russian roulette with what you have.
But instead of 6 cylinders there are 7,000 and that presumes the sample result is ten times what they reported.

Also, the issue is not very likely to happen the longer you use the device. Batteries do not have a very flexible temperament. They either work correctly or not soon after use.

There are a lot more dangers out there in daily life than that chance.

Last edited:

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
D we just bring in the phone or all accessories and box with it?

If you go by what you read on the forums, this seems to be a case-by-case basis. Some have been asked to return box and all accessories, others have just asked for the phone back. I would imagine it depends on your carrier. TMobile typically only asked for the device back and that it be working properly. My personal opinion is give it all back. How many extra Chargers and crappy earbuds do you need LOL

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
My company contacted our Verizon Rep. They couldn't tell us when we would get replacement Note 7 yet.

It's changed now that the government is getting involved.

Company is sending me an S7 Edge until they get this straightened out.

Dm1120

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
T-Mobile has told me twice on Twitter direct message that I could take my note into any T-Mobile store and grab a phone to use and turn it back in when the note was released. I would not lose a jump. I am not sure who you are talking to

Same. My wife has jump on demand and t force said it won't count against her. She just jumped to the s7 edge.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Cpsc gets involved day of iphone 7 pre-order

I do find it interesting that the CPSC gets involved with this recall the day the iPhone 7 goes on preorder. It worked like a charm too. Got me looking for a little bit and i had to slap myself silly lol.

I know apple spends a lot on lobbying and this IS a government agency...

I doubt that's what happened but i definitely could've seen an apple lobbyist or two "stoking the flames" as they say.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I am bothered by all of this as much as the next person but it sounds like people are now just making a lot of wild assumptions. So far, the Note 7 is going to be canceled, the CPSC is going to take over half a year to approve the new Note 7, the Note 7 is banned, the recall is no longer voluntary. I think we're driving ourselves more nuts than we have to be - and believe me we all are already rightfully plenty nuts about this. For me, I'm still wondering if I am going to have problems flying back home in a week with my Note 7. If there way to exchange it beforehand, I would - but it seems unlikely that there would be any new Note 7s even well after I get back home. Thank heavens for forums like these because without everyone's comments I would probably have gone crazy with the phone already.

Now how do I fit what I had on a 64gb phone back into my 32gb S7e.... :-/ That was one of the main selling points for me since I am an app hoarder. lol

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
And I bet those who had those phones said it's impossible but.. Look what happened. We can agree to disagree but a low statistic versus a 0 percent chance are two different things :).

Please go on enjoying it. Some are cool with that small chance and others aren't. Just a matter of opinion like most things.

I will continue to enjoy my phone. As a matter of fact, I'm typing all my responses to you from it. And guess what? When I lay down to go to sleep tonight after watching Star Wars, I will place it on the Samsung issued charger, and go to SLEEP comfortably knowing it's a 99.9999999999999% chance that my phone won't nuke the entire apt building. Have a good one. 😎

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I will continue to enjoy my phone. As a matter of fact, I'm typing all my responses to you from it. And guess what? When I lay down to go to sleep tonight after watching Star Wars, I will place it on the Samsung issued charger, and go to SLEEP comfortably knowing it's a 99.9999999999999% chance that my phone won't nuke the entire apt building. Have a good one. ??????

And this is why the CPSC exist.
There are some people who will do nothing until they or someone they care about is a victim.
This is also why the FAA will more than likely not let these phones on a plan to protect everyone else from those that act like this.

Be safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy