Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission

Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: CPSC blocking the "new" Note 7 release ?

Samsung is not going to let you swap out the battery on this phone yourself since it's now prone to explosion.
Well it's wishful thinking. Verizon store is still saying keep it and wait. They can't shut them down.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
We can exchange at Verizon for a new phone. Then return it later for note 7 with the difference only.

But only by the 30th or you are stuck with the current note 7

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cpsc gets involved day of iphone 7 pre-order

I do find it interesting that the CPSC gets involved with this recall the day the iPhone 7 goes on preorder. It worked like a charm too. Got me looking for a little bit and i had to slap myself silly lol.
I know apple spends a lot on lobbying and this IS a government agency...
I doubt that's what happened but i definitely could've seen an apple lobbyist or two "stoking the flames" as they say.
That is an interesting coincidence. After this incident is resolved (hopefully with the replacement Note7 phones being cleared for us) some agency needs to investigate the CPSC for taking bribes and lobbyist money in order to delay or stop the replacement of the Samsung Note7 phones. However that investigation should probably take place after this incident is over as we don't need it slowing down the already extremely slow process we are in store for.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
We can exchange at Verizon for a new phone. Then return it later for note 7 with the difference only.

I hope no one is charging their Old Note7 on the container ship ferrying the New Note7s to America.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
And this is why the CPSC exist.
There are some people who will do nothing until they or someone they care about is a victim.
This is also why the FAA will more than likely not let these phones on a plan to protect everyone else from those that act like this.

Be safe

Keep believing that the FAA can check the make and model of every phone that gets on a plane in the US. With 55k+ flights a day, that's several MILLION people per day. Good luck with that! 😂😅

Dm1120

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site

Once the official recall is announced its likely that all the carriers will have to accept returns for a very long time.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You just don't get it do you? The statistic is not LOW. It's damn near IMPOSSIBLE vs the amount of units sold. Then factor in exactly how many of those 35 cases were actually using SAMSUNG chargers (not your 7-11 brand) and there you have it.

That was 35 confirmed almost immediately with no update to the actual count since despite the daily addition of more cases around the world. The statistic is nowhere near the 1 in 42,000 that people all over the internet have been citing. That was based on two false numbers, 24 and 1,000,000. The actual relevant statistics are that 100% of the devices sold outside of China have the defect, yet not only about 1% (0.6%) of those which are actually in use have presented catastrophically while many more have presented warning signs.

There seems to be absolutely no known connection between type of chargers used, charging patterns or usage patterns that have been officially reported to suggest that any of these were caused anything other than the (now) known defective cells used in all of the Note 7's created for sale outside of China. The lucky thing about these numbers is that it seems over half of the devices sold by Samsung had not yet been resold to customers by the retailers. 1% is unlikely, but the key thing is that no one knows WHICH 1% are actually going to catch fire today, which ones will catch fire tomorrow and which ones may never catch fire. But the odds for each individual device do go up every day and it's sort of a silly risk to carry when there is a free option to reduce the risk to something much closer to zero.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
The actual relevant statistics are that 100% of the devices sold outside of China have the defect, yet not only about 1% (0.6%) of those which are actually in use have presented catastrophically while many more have presented warning signs.

There seems to be absolutely no known connection between type of chargers used, charging patterns or usage patterns that have been officially reported to suggest that any of these were caused anything other than the (now) known defective cells used in all of the Note 7's created for sale outside of China.

Do you know what those warning signs are?

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

That is an interesting coincidence. After this incident is resolved (hopefully with the replacement Note7 phones being cleared for us) some agency needs to investigate the CPSC for taking bribes and lobbyist money in order to delay or stop the replacement of the Samsung Note7 phones. However that investigation should probably take place after this incident is over as we don't need it slowing down the already extremely slow process we are in store for.

Omg... The conspiracy theories are strong in this thread

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Keep believing that the FAA can check the make and model of every phone that gets on a plane in the US. With 55k+ flights a day, that's several MILLION people per day. Good luck with that! ????????????

There is no way they will be able to check all the phones. That would be impossible.

BUT.....

If you were to go onto a plane and lets say the captain or the stewardess knows about this whole Note 7 disaster and they see you using it. They will have every right to kick you off the plane or not let the phone on the plane.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
It is an official recall. Unless you mean not voluntarily.

The CPSC HAS NOT made it official yet.

Once they do a set of instructions from them will be given out. Those instructions will supersede Samsungs instructions. (which I am sure Samsgung will agree with)

jc2859

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Well...your plan worked Samsung, the elaborately staged effort to get people to stop talking about "ScratchGate" is an unparalleled (albeit a tad extreme) success.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
People, I don't have to keep saying this, but I have to at this point.

Get. Yours. Replaced. When. You. Can.

Doesn't matter if yours is fine or not. When it's under a recall, it's under a recall.

Don't play the stats game and give excuses to not bring it in for either a replacement or a refund. Get it sorted.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Omg... The conspiracy theories are strong in this thread

Exactly when Samsung is the one that should have initiated with the government in the first place. They tried to take a short cut and could end up causing more delay. Does people looking to blame everyone but Samsung. The government doesn't just get involved in these things until the company engages with them and they only want to get involved if it's necessary. They're not intentionally trying to hold up everyone's precious phones. Be upset with Samsung for putting together a faulty device and then trying to put together a phony recall "program". For all the praise they got for the way they handled it, it's clear they had some missteps early that will hurt the consumers. I'm just glad I returned mine the day after the "exchange program" was announced. Back on my S7 edge and happy with it until next year devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.