Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission

Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Lord have mercy. I understand your frustration. I have paid out about 250$ in cases and screen protectors trying to find a good combo. Now I'm told I have to return the phone. I'll never see a dime of that money back. Lol

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
OK now this one if funny. Makes me think of everyone that doesn't want to turn in their device

Attachments

• 4621961.jpg
    4621961.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 109

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Do you know what those warning signs are?
Look at battery usage every time before you charge the phone. If it dips to 0 then that's one sign of a short. Battery draining faster than normal is another. It's hot and you aren't using it or charging it. It's still not a mandatory recall either. Verizon said Samsung was just in to the store yesterday and that if everything goes well the end of next week the 16th they should be able to swap them out.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Lord have mercy. I understand your frustration. I have paid out about 250$ in cases and screen protectors trying to find a good combo. Now I'm told I have to return the phone. I'll never see a dime of that money back. Lol

3 cases and 3 dbrand skins all for nothing. I don't think I'll pick the N7 back up. Just like when I once thought about getting the IP6P and then bend gate happened and now because Apple made those phones too thin they are having touch issues now. That model was DOA for me and I'm glad I listened to myself. Every now and then manufactures make a Lemon and that's just life. It doesn't mean that wont recover. Just means they made several bad decisions for that particular model. I'll give Samsung another chance to get my money with the N8 or S8 next year.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious what will happen to the recalled units once they are returned.

In the case of the Shield Tab recall, unless the original tablet has an older version of the official firmware or runs custom firmware, turning on the replacement unit will render the original unit useless.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Cpsc gets involved day of iphone 7 pre-order

Exactly when Samsung is the one that should have initiated with the government in the first place. They tried to take a short cut and could end up causing more delay. Does people looking to blame everyone but Samsung. The government doesn't just get involved in these things until the company engages with them and they only want to get involved if it's necessary. They're not intentionally trying to hold up everyone's precious phones. Be upset with Samsung for putting together a faulty device and then trying to put together a phony recall "program". For all the praise they got for the way they handled it, it's clear they had some missteps early that will hurt the consumers. I'm just glad I returned mine the day after the "exchange program" was announced. Back on my S7 edge and happy with it until next year devices.
Is there a way for 3rd party buyers to exchange yet?

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: CPSC interfering with Note7 users desiring replacement Note7s from getting devices

If I have to I will go back to the Note 5....

Note 5 was not an Upgrade in my opinion, It was a downgrade from the Note 4. No MicroSD card. do not want to carry around a flash drive. I will only go back to The Note 4, Note 5 is trash to me. That is why I skipped it.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: CPSC interfering with Note7 users desiring replacement Note7s from getting devices

Note 5 was not an Upgrade in my opinion, It was a downgrade from the Note 4. No MicroSD card. do not want to carry around a flash drive. I will only go back to The Note 4, Note 5 is trash to me. That is why I skipped it.
Same. I had the Note 4 before this and my boyfriend is now using it. I'm using a back up S5. I loved the Note 4 and loved the Note 7 even more. They better hurry up with this replacement thing so that we can get our fixed phones and not go through this bs any longer.

jreuschl

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if carriers could blacklist the ESNs, or at least give a few day notice. After that the phone will in inoperable on the network.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if carriers could blacklist the ESNs, or at least give a few day notice. After that the phone will in inoperable on the network.

Can? Yes. Will? Absolutely not. Then the carrier becomes the bad guy to the customer.

Elaboration: If the customer is choosing to be foolish, doing something adverse to them makes them want to double down. The down side of a voluntary recall is that those customers who don't want to participate aren't going to and some of them probably will get hurt, but that's their choice. Slapping them for it before or after they get hurt = bad customer service, despite the fact that you were trying to help them.

bskin8

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: U.S. and Samsung tell Galaxy Note 7 owners: Power down now

Never have I seen such a big ball of crap over a phone.
Don't worry Samsung is going to give everyone a $25. bill credit for all their trouble. :-\

Called Samsung and they said a $25 gift card. Not complaining because they don't have to do anything but exchange phones but I say for the trouble it should be equal to a month's bill at least.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Keep believing that the FAA can check the make and model of every phone that gets on a plane in the US. With 55k+ flights a day, that's several MILLION people per day. Good luck with that! 😂😅

And how many of those will know the difference among all the Samsung phones?
Or edge phones that look like Note 7?
Or my Note 5 that is big like the Note 7?

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
And how many of those will know the difference among all the Samsung phones?
Or edge phones that look like Note 7?
Or my Note 5 that is big like the Note 7?
Unless they make TSA at airports check people's phones and they get a guide with pictures of what the phone looks like lol.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Unless they make TSA at airports check people's phones and they get a guide with pictures of what the phone looks like lol.

I'm sure if Apple was recalled they wouldn't do the same screw job samsung is getting. I would think by IMEI numbers TSA will be able to tell or by the build date on the newly issues Note 7s.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure if Apple was recalled they wouldn't do the same screw job samsung is getting. I would think by IMEI numbers TSA will be able to tell or by the build date on the newly issues Note 7s.
Wasn't there some case of an iPhone exploding in someone's pocket too? They didn't recall that.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Whatever the case for reasons, I will use mine until a replacement is available. Have had since launch with no battery life or heat issues. The anode / cathode layers don't magically short later after the fact. They go to war quickly after use.

I will have fun with my 7,000 to 10,000 cylinder revolver (depending on what the real failure yield is).

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Lol, I don't know where you're getting your information, but I'd stop getting it there.

Most of the phones in the US were made in China. If those were without issues/risk, they wouldn't be recalling every single Note 7 that is being used right now (including the ones from China). There is no way these government agencies would let them just continue using the same batteries that they're telling everyone to stop using.. That makes no sense whatsoever.
I get my info from Android Authority, Sam Mobile. Samsung and others. If you search you will find it.

xxaarraa

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
loved my note 7 and was going to wait for replacement, but latest email from samsung convinced me to return it. dont want the worst case to come true. took it to a tmobile store and they credited the $123 i paid plus the $32.50 first months installment.

went to bestbuy and picked up an honor 8. will be getting the note 7 again when they become available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835