Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission

Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm taking out my SIM and putting it in my S7e and now I just noticed that the back glass plate of the S7e seems to be lifting a little. Oh, jeez. I really cannot win. Eventually I have to take both the Note 7 and S7e in. The 7 series has not been good to me - as much as I really love it.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I get my info from Android Authority, Sam Mobile. Samsung and others. If you search you will find it.

Ok those early reports were in fact wrong, where they were telling people to look where their phone was manufactured. The location that the device was manufactured is not a way to identify whether or not the battery was created at any particular location and ONLY the batteries made in China to be sold in China are without this particular defect. So if your phone was made to be sold in Australia, the rest of Asia that's not China, Europe, North or South American or even Antarctica, it has the flaw.

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: Cpsc gets involved day of iphone 7 pre-order

That is an interesting coincidence. After this incident is resolved (hopefully with the replacement Note7 phones being cleared for us) some agency needs to investigate the CPSC for taking bribes and lobbyist money in order to delay or stop the replacement of the Samsung Note7 phones. However that investigation should probably take place after this incident is over as we don't need it slowing down the already extremely slow process we are in store for.
Or maybe investigate why Samsung avoided normal recall procedures...

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure if Apple was recalled they wouldn't do the same screw job samsung is getting. I would think by IMEI numbers TSA will be able to tell or by the build date on the newly issues Note 7s.

Apple would have never done a recall, they would have just said that people are "charging the device wrong" - and everyone would have believed them. That's the true difference between Apple and Samsung.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Apple would have never done a recall, they would have just said that people are "charging the device wrong" - and everyone would have believed them. That's the true difference between Apple and Samsung.
I remember there was a case where an iPhone blew up in someone's pocket and burned their thigh.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Went to BestBuy today and no AT&T in stock and don't know when they will be. Went to local AT&T store and they looked at me like I was a leper after telling them I was a customer but bought it at BB. Going to be a few weeks folks. Sad but true.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Can? Yes. Will? Absolutely not. Then the carrier becomes the bad guy to the customer.

Elaboration: If the customer is choosing to be foolish, doing something adverse to them makes them want to double down. The down side of a voluntary recall is that those customers who don't want to participate aren't going to and some of them probably will get hurt, but that's their choice. Slapping them for it before or after they get hurt = bad customer service, despite the fact that you were trying to help them.

You are 100% right

but

If an agreement with the CPSC and Samsung is made that all phones must be returned and they are a hazard, then the Carriers and Samsung can absolutely block IMEI because you are using a phone that has a mandatory recall and shouldn't be in use per the CPSC

Now is that something they will do who knows, but they certainly CAN do it if they want to.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
That is honestly one of my concerns with the Note 7 with its fragile sides and corners... that it may not be pocket approved at all :-\

Now you know he probably put it in his front pocket which is not the Apple approved pocket. It has to go in the back right pocket.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
You are 100% right

but

If an agreement with the CPSC and Samsung is made that all phones must be returned and they are a hazard, then the Carriers and Samsung can absolutely block IMEI because you are using a phone that has a mandatory recall and shouldn't be in use per the CPSC

Now is that something they will do who knows, but they certainly CAN do it if they want to.

Ya know, back in the 80's they said "hotdogs" were a hazard and caused cancer. Lol just saying....

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Ya know, back in the 80's they said "hotdogs" were a hazard and caused cancer. Lol just saying....

According to the WHO, red meat in combination with nitrite salting does indeed cause cancer. So they were right back in the 80s. Just saying.

Last edited:

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
This phone is quickly becoming a unicorn........Only the people who realllllllllyyyyy want it will own it...and the resell will be in the toilet...Good thing I'm not looking to sell this later on...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Accounting to the WHO, red meat in combination with nitrite salting does indeed cause cancer. So they were right back in the 80s. Just saying.

Just the same as in this situation, there actually are phones with batteries burning. It's not a hoax.

soulsmilen

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

They are a hazard (choking just one of those), and the nitrate preservatives have been known to cause cancer. The nitrites now have to be limited to a certain ppm. I have no faith in our USDA, but at least they acted on this, though they should have been banned along with packaged lunch meats, etc. Not being argumentative, just putting it out there..

We choose to ignore health concerns and put ourselves at risk everyday. We are stupid, reckless, and ignorant. Mostly stupid... Myself included.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I actually left Apple before they announced the iPhone 5s, been with Samsung a few years and I love there products and innovations. I gave Apple another chance when the 6 Plus came out. I stood with it for 2 weeks got bored and got the note 4 when it released. I'm starting to get that urge again to try out Apple but once I know for a fact once I have the iPhone 7 I'm going to miss a lot of Samsung features I'm going to hold off a little longer to see what Samsung plans on doing but I hope they don't take much longer

Same really. I may even be excited for a day or two when the phone is shiny and new, but I know I'll get bored of an iPhone and miss features like wireless charging, always on display, etc., hell even just the display and design of other phones in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech