Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung may remotely disable Note 7s

Nope, verizon downgrade is not eligiable for S7 and S7 Edge promotion.

Already got the gear vr and free gear fit 2. Wanted that 256gb sd card as well but had a feeling that wasn't going to happen.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

You got people here saying Tim Cook is behind the CPSC getting involved and your quibbling on proof NOW?? lol.

It came from a decent Android site.. and regardless the idea has merit and good for the people. I hope Samsung reads this and goes for it. Be Brave Samsung!! Be Brave!

Did you read the article? Not one ounce of proof of anything.

DatsyukianDeke

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
When I first saw news of the recall, I was basically cool with it. I love the phone and could not see me leaving it for another device. Figured it would be temporary inconvenience. Now it just sucks!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

You got people here saying Tim Cook is behind the CPSC getting involved and your quibbling on proof NOW?? lol.

It came from a decent Android site.. and regardless the idea has merit and good for the people. I hope Samsung reads this and goes for it. Be Brave Samsung!! Be Brave!
People appear to be in jest about TC.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
When I first saw news of the recall, I was basically cool with it. I love the phone and could not see me leaving it for another device. Figured it would be temporary inconvenience. Now it just sucks!

It definitely does suck because whenever I pull out my notes 7 people know I own it I'm always the joke around people don't get me wrong the new iPhone 7 looks very nice and I'm not so much of a power user I barely use the S Pen and any of my note devices I'm actually thinking about maybe switching over to see what's up with the new iPhone I'm not really sure yet I'll sleep on it

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Going to add Phandroid to the #FailAtReporting list on this issue. Their sky is falling Samsung is going to brick your phone article is based on a reddit post that, as near as can be proven, made it up.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I am surprised myself even though with it on every news station i shouldnt?? But just last night over dinner wife was telling me she liked the 7 Plus (has the 6 Plus now) and when she asked me what phone I was going to get, she knows I can still get the iPhones at old subsidized prices ($199 iphone 6S, etc.,) I told her most likely the Note 7 I showed her at Best Buy and she looked at me like I'm crazy and said "But those phones EXPLODE!!"

I explained to her the recall and all future phone forward will have new batteries... but did make me feel bad for the phone lol. Had to defend it's honor... as well as my sanity in choosing it. LOL.

It definitely does suck because whenever I pull out my notes 7 people know I own it I'm always the joke around people don't get me wrong the new iPhone 7 looks very nice and I'm not so much of a power user I barely use the S Pen and any of my note devices I'm actually thinking about maybe switching over to see what's up with the new iPhone I'm not really sure yet I'll sleep on it

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I am surprised myself even though with it on every news station i shouldnt?? But just last night over dinner wife was telling me she liked the 7 Plus (has the 6 Plus now) and when she asked me what phone I was going to get, she knows I can still get the iPhones at old subsidized prices ($199 iphone 6S, etc.,) I told her most likely the Note 7 I showed her at Best Buy and she looked at me like I'm crazy and said "But those phones EXPLODE!!"

I explained to her the recall and all future phone forward will have new batteries... but did make me feel bad for the phone lol. Had to defend it's honor... as well as my sanity in choosing it. LOL.

I live in the house my father-in-law owns and he's always joking around telling me not to charge the phone in the house that I'm going to burn his house down LOL

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Samsung return package program

I read that Samsung is doing a return package that has the new N7, Gear VR, $25 credit and a box for the N7 being returned.

Is this through Samsung, or will BB, carriers and other retail also be part of this?

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung return package program

I read that Samsung is doing a return package that has the new N7, Gear VR, $25 credit and a box for the N7 being returned.

Is this through Samsung, or will BB, carriers and other retail also be part of this?
Link please?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Just imagine some of the people here with hot dogs in one hand... Note 7's in the other... you've just affectively increased your odds for something to happen. :eek: Playing with fire.

About 1 in 1800 from what we can tell with the almost no information that's actually been officially released. You're right, they're very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463