Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission

Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Had Verizon deactivate mine and back to my barely functioning LG G3 but the phone was making my daughter nervous having it around the grandkids and can't argue with that. Getting 64 gb Note 5. With the consumer safety folks involved, I can't see this resolving in less than months, and besides, you don't think they want to stick it to Sammy a little for not getting them involved earlier? I can see a scenario where Sammy says screw it, just won't sell it in the US. I loved the phone but a little peace of mind is more important.

rick1792

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
It would be in Samsung's best interest to provide information as to the expected date for the new stock. If they take too long they may lose some customers to the iPhone 7.Secondly along with the $25, Samsung should give all returned customers the supped up Note 7 that was made for china, besides that would speed up the process if the CPSC take too long as that Note 7 is a different model.

Kriegripper

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Went to return my n7 at atat for a s7 and they told me to take the phone back and use it until next week when they get more stock. Unbelievable advising me to use a faulty phone

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung may remotely disable Note 7s

You got people here saying Tim Cook is behind the CPSC getting involved and your quibbling on proof NOW?? lol.

It came from a decent Android site.. and regardless the idea has merit and good for the people. I hope Samsung reads this and goes for it. Be Brave Samsung!! Be Brave!
Umm, I've never mentioned Tim Cook at all. There's no proof in that article, it says 'will ' in the title and 'may' in the article. That's click bait.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Just saying........
Came from an iPhone back to android after a 2 year hiatus. I am kind of on the fence really. I came back because iPhone doesn't provide nearly the productivity I need. On the flip side, the iPhone wasn't as much of a safety concern. Being involved in racing r/c cars with lipo batteries, I've had 6-8 Go off while in the car. I also have been using a lipo sack to charge my note in since i have a few of them. Is the problem only when charging the note tho?

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung return package program

Yeah, not in the US at all. The just say "well, just return it for a refund and re-buy sometime in the future, thanks!"

Dead end transaction. I've left, ordered an iPhone 7+ 256. Keeping my Nexus 6P around for fun.

Relax, I'm hyper aware of iOS' limitations. I own an iPad Pro 12", MacBook, iMac 4k and have a work iPhone. It's all good, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance