Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung will remotely deactivate your N7

Yes been posted before. But I feel it is a good idea for Samsung. They've gone this far recalling all the phones regardless of cost and they are getting heat from agencies now and may not stop unless they hit the kill switch on them. And today, if true, an article of a little boy got burned by an exploding Note 7 in Brooklyn. Now you have stories of children getting hurt now. Getting close to Samsungs nightmare scenario.

Be brave Samsung! Take these defective phones out of circulation. Hit the kill switch.

This is just more speculation and false information that everyone likes to feed off of.
Im sure at sometime the faulty phones will be deactivated but there is no evidence of this ,especially a date of September 30th.
And since were voicing opinions here I think the faulty phones will be destroyed and not flood the market like some think.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like a good plan to cover their rear and prevent bad and good units coexisting in the wild.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

That's good. Don't plan to have the defective device after the 30th anyway. Just need them to hurry up with the replacements.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

Samsung doesn't have that ability. That power is with the carrier's only. Maybe after the initial exchange is done, you may see the carrier "hotline" the phones so they can setup swaps on the remaining left in the wild.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Are you insane man?!! You could risk ruining the SEASONING on that fine cast iron skillet!! :eek:

The number of steaks over the years it must have took to develop that fine coating and the beautiful steaks it must still make with that nice char i imagine. I would toss my phone into the toilet before risking the safety of my family, my home, and my skillet!

Yeah I know... vegetarians won't understand. :confused:

Who ruins a steak in a cast iron pan? Flame broiled or gtfo! :)

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

The kill switch better not be activated until replacement units are handed out. The replacement units have been made, no reason government can't test them now and fast track this. Suppose the speed of testing will be determined by how much Samsung is willing to pay the government

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Faulty Note 7 safe storage suggestions

Are you insane man?!! You could risk ruining the SEASONING on that fine cast iron skillet!! :eek:

The number of steaks over the years it must have took to develop that fine coating and the beautiful steaks it must still make with that nice char i imagine. I would toss my phone into the toilet before risking the safety of my family, my home, and my skillet!

Yeah I know... vegetarians won't understand. :confused:

LMAO!! ......safety of my family, my home, my SKILLET........!!!

Ronald Andrews

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: I miss having my Note

Glad to see I not the only one with empty Note syndrome also can't say for all carriers but my tmobile store will let you chose your replacement so if u wanted to try a IPhone for a week or a LG G5 now is a good time.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

You know I normally don't "swing this way", but I'm actually o.k. with the kill switch idea in general. It IS one way to ensure and reassure EVERYONE that after a certain date, all Note 7s in use are o.k. I guess someone could hang onto theirs and try to continue to use it as a wifi only device but boy...I can't imagine why someone would pay that much and do that AND try to use it somewhere that currently is scrutinizing its use (i.e. airlines).

Having said that, totally agree with trucksmoveamerica#...they have to at least have replaced my device first! I'm not crazy about the loaner idea but bottom line is if there is a consistent policy in place that ALL phones get a loaner or ALL phones are replaced with another approved Note 7 and THEN they hit the kill switch, I think that's reasonable and fair. Then it's on me because I didn't do the responsible thing (trade in my device either for another approved one, or a loaner, or another device entirely).

Hopefully I don't get bashed for that.

Bartone

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Will We Even Get A Replacement?

The exchange is pending review from the Feds, who knows if replacements will even be allowed?

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Ban At Work

Although the article is purely speculation and no proof at all the fact that it's circulating so fast might actually make it come true. Other sites have already covered it now and it's shown up in my Google now feed. I don't think any major news sites have reported it yet thankfully.

Part of me hopes this comes true for more than just the free new gear VR. It wouldn't get all the recalled units of the streets and maybe Samsung could work better with the FAA and not have note 7's completely banned on airlines since the recalled units will be rendered useless. I really hope that note 7's don't get banned on airlines and other places but with all the media fear/hysteria I think that's where it's heading.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Ban At Work

Although the article is purely speculation and no proof at all the fact that it's circulating so fast might actually make it come true. Other sites have already covered it now and it's shown up in my Google now feed. I don't think any major news sites have reported it yet thankfully.

Part of me hopes this comes true for more than just the free new gear VR. It wouldn't get all the recalled units of the streets and maybe Samsung could work better with the FAA and not have note 7's completely banned on airlines since the recalled units will be rendered useless. I really hope that note 7's don't get banned on airlines and other places but with all the media fear/hysteria I think that's where it's heading.
even if they deactivate the old note 7 people could still use them on Wi-Fi and music players, and could be used on airlines as such. They could become nice small tablets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance