Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Ban At Work

Just swapped to the S7e. Will swap back as soon as the N7 is in. My store said it should be this week as long as the CPSC is satisfied.
I'm hopeful of that...it's not like they have to go in a decide if a item has a probelm and investigate.....The probelm is already identified and hopefully Samsung is handing everything to them on a silver platter ...

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: I miss having my Note

Yea I had the S7E from day one and the Note for a couple of weeks. The note just felt better in the hand. Other than that they were pretty much the same phone. I'm not a s-pen user so take that for what it's worth.
I agree. Unless you use the SPen constantly they are.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Short of some software differences, what else do you feel is that significant of a difference?
Exactly my point. I love the Note series but it is extremely similar. I've been using it and the only difference I see is no SPen but it is 80-90% the same device.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I dont believe many of these stories popping up in the US. Where's the proof? In these situations there are always people that will attempt to exploit.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Also BTW if you guys don't know. Cpsc takes third party testing. So if Samsung got their testing results. Hoping it it goes faster. I guess will find out soon enough.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I cant wait til this forum is flooded with threads about how everyones screens are cracking......Those were the good ole days lol

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I cant wait til this forum is flooded with threads about how every screens are cracking......Those were the good ole days lol
LOL, I was just thinking that an hour ago. Where are the threads, this cheap crap gorilla Glass blows, dropped half inch and shattered. The gorilla Glass must have gotten a lot stronger over the last week, the lag must have disappeared, the endless boot must have ended, and so on. LOL

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
The S7 Edge & Note 7 are pretty much the same phone with subtle differences. When you get use to those subtle differences it can be a disappointing adjustment though. I miss my Note 7 but the S7 Edge is fine.

kabeeo

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

Playing games on my note 3 made my phone quite warm. The only time my note 7 has gotten warm was while in my pocket with the backpack charging it. Putting the backpack away until I can get a replacement. Wireless charging does produce heat.

still no problems here. And I'm not buyin that the kid in Brooklyn was watching videos and it "exploded".

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Which is to say that it is a very capable and powerful smartphone.
Exactly. I liked the Note 7 but it didn't work out so I exchanged. I really like the S7 Edge. I only used the Spen for my DS emulator. I can use a stylus for that. No big deal.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site

I boxed-up my Note7 pending return; eventually. I have had the S7 Edge since June 17th (where did those three months go?). I have recently been using two smartphones when I go out so I bought the Note7 to complement the S7 Edge. I took a lot of photos and recorded a lot of video on the S7 Edge until the Note7's arrival; amazing camera which does more than I need in capturing scenes in-the-moment. For as nice as the Note7 is I am not put out at all in not using it right now. I reactivated my LG V10 which, though quirky, is capable as well. Best wishes.

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I thought I saw 38 reported incidents and they sold 2M (not sure how many of those were actually shipped/received by customers though)...

That's what I figured, and I think that's part of the confusion.

People are taking the number of units sold and dividing by the number of reports of battery failures as some measure of the likelyhood of your (or my) Note7 also having a battery failure. The problem is the probability of that is actually calculated the other way, by taking the number of reports of failure and dividing by the number of units total. And 1 in 1800 is way to high a figure for either calculation.

If we actually calculate the probablity, even if we assume the number of reports so far is as high as 40 (or 16 more incidents reported since Samsung first announced the recall) the probability is 40/1000000 or 0.00004 percent.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Not to mention #brickgate on the Exynos machines... Those were catching steam until the explosions. There are issues with the phone to address besides the lag.

I cant wait til this forum is flooded with threads about how everyones screens are cracking......Those were the good ole days lol

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

People are taking the number of units sold and dividing by the number of reports of battery failures as some measure of the likelyhood of your (or my) Note7 also having a battery failure. The problem is the probability of that is actually calculated the other way, by taking the number of reports of failure and dividing by the number of units total. And 1 in 1800 is way to high a figure for either calculation.

If we actually calculate the probablity, even if we assume the number of reports so far is as high as 40 (or 16 more incidents reported since Samsung first announced the recall) the probability is 40/1000000 or 0.00004 percent.
Actually Samsung made 2.4 million. They only sold a bit over 1 million. So the statistics are off. You would divide 1 million by 35 or 38. That'd be the correct number. Mine took a dive to 0% on battery usage and finally got hot on the back where the board on top of the battery would be.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
As discussed elsewhere... I mentioned original reports said bad batteries account for .1 of total production. if you take 2.5 million units to be the number produced, then there are about 2500 phones with exploding batteries out there. If the two battery suppliers split production 75/25 of that 2.5 million (guessing there) then do the math of 1 out of every x. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci