Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: How Are You Handling the Recall

I am using the edge and Verizon will let trade back to the Note. Am conflicted because am liking this phone. I love the Note7. It's insanely stunning. But this edge is smooth no lagging. I don't know what to do now. I miss my note7 too
The whole situation is sad

Make sure you get that in writing, signed by the president of the company. I don't trust anything the corp. stores are saying and little I hear from telephone CS.

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

I know it is a moot point now, but I just have to say this.

See what you get when you try to be like SAPple and get rid of removable batteries? This could have been handled much more easily if they had not gone for look over function.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Make sure you get that in writing,

I made sure to see the note (no pun) with my own eyes in the system at US Cellular (I got them to go 3 months for no-hassle return on an S7 Edge until they have N7 stock again) and had them print out a copy for me. :)

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

This is the convo from 1 rep....another rep I talked to yesterday assured the same thing

Looks like the person you spoke to (based on the chat you posted) didn't understand what you were asking. He/she didn't answer you question about "exploding" and seem to interpret your "charging" question as having to do with a fee for exchanging it as opposed to "re-charging" the battery. Then you seemed to misunderstand the person about the Notes effected. The person was talking about replacement Notes (which only a few people at Best Buy's got before they halted exchange because of the CSPC intervention). You seemed to interpret it as your phone not having the potential issue, but again all phones except for the replacement phones with the S sticker on the box (and the Chinese phones that have more memory) are potential problem phones. Samsung wouldn't have put a recall on all Note 7 phones (again except for the Chinese) if all the released phones didn't have potential for the issue.

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
If N7 is that dangerous then why . . .

If N7 is that dangerous then why . . .. . . don't all cellular companies simply knock them all offline thus rendering them useless?

Last edited by a moderator:

BustA Groove

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

Filed Better Business Bureau complaint against AT&T lack of customer care and service when attempting to exchange Note 7 for temporary phone since September 1. Still walking around with Note 7 that was bought on launch day.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to see for myself how deep the rabbit hole goes so I did a search on the beginning of the site without the "2". Just the very first segment of the url. It takes you to a "Sammy" help portal in Malaysia. If it's a spoof it's a good one and Sammy doesn't know about it. That said, I'm not putting my info in.
Samsung has stated that they will create a site like this however.

Amazing how quick the fraudsters are!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Looks like the person you spoke to (based on the chat you posted) didn't understand what you were asking. He/she didn't answer you question about "exploding" and seem to interpret your "charging" question as having to do with a fee for exchanging it as opposed to "re-charging" the battery. Then you seemed to misunderstand the person about the Notes effected. The person was talking about replacement Notes (which only a few people at Best Buy's got before they halted exchange because of the CSPC intervention). You seemed to interpret it as your phone not having the potential issue, but again all phones except for the replacement phones with the S sticker on the box (and the Chinese phones that have more memory) are potential problem phones. Samsung wouldn't have put a recall on all Note 7 phones (again except for the Chinese) if all the released phones didn't have potential for the issue.

I didn't post the whole convo lol I was asking about replacement requirements before so she answered that before she answered my second question.
Pretty much she said the replacement phones have no issues, and she was like the phone had a hardware issue, which she said a few of them had, but Samsung is doing a recall on ALL phones for the safety of everyone

I didn't ask if my personal phone had an issue or not. I was asking if all phones had the issue or just some.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to see for myself how deep the rabbit hole goes so I did a search on the beginning of the site without the "2". Just the very first segment of the url. It takes you to a "Sammy" help portal in Malaysia. If it's a spoof it's a good one and Sammy doesn't know about it. That said, I'm not putting my info in.

I check the URL and it comes back as being owned by Samsung.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: If N7 is that dangerous then why . . .

I don't get the question. Are you saying the device isn't really that dangerous so therefore Samsung is recalling all of them for nothing? Or carriers should cut them all of? Can't tell if the question is sarcastic or wants to know why carriers wont do something to **** off all their customers.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I know it is a moot point now, but I just have to say this.

See what you get when you try to be like SAPple and get rid of removable batteries? This could have been handled much more easily if they had not gone for look over function.

No one has confirmed that Removable Batteries would have solved this. It could easily be a faulty piece of hardware that connects to the battery and not the battery itself. At which point, the recall would still be necessary.

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I made sure to see the note (no pun) with my own eyes in the system at US Cellular (I got them to go 3 months for no-hassle return on an S7 Edge until they have N7 stock again) and had them print out a copy for me. :)
Smart move having them print it out! Notes can get "lost in the system".

Status
Not open for further replies.