Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
It's already been taken down by mods. Not going to add it back.

If that site was fake how would it know the difference between Note 7's and other S7 IMEI's as needed to be replaced or not?
Seen some check their Note 7's, some are showing as need replacing and some as not. Still not giving up my IMEI there.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: How Are You Handling the Recall

I've heard plenty of conflicting reports about that. Some say it's the battery itself, some say it could be caused by the hardware that facilitates the power to or from the battery. So i'll go ahead and join the team that says the removable battery people will need to find something else to win that argument.

Samsung stated the issue was the anode / cathode. In this case two electrode layers sandwiched rather than like a AA or D cell type design that are positive one end and negative the other.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
They would have done the testing with the new batteries prior to shipping them out. They already figured out what the issue is with the battery http://phandroid.com/2016/09/08/why-samsung-galaxy-note-7-explodes/ so then they would build the new battery, test it to verify that the issue has been resolved. Once they are satisfied that the issue has been resolved then they would make the announcement and send out emails with the steps owners would need to take in order to obtain a replacement battery.

They would have done the testing when? While customers are powering down their devices and waiting for testing and approval to be completed? Kinda like what is happening right now?

Meanwhile, in not sure I trust that it's "just the battery", no matter what Samsung's PR/damage control dept says.

Give customers a newly tested and approved phone, and ease their fears.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Ban At Work

New Text from T mobile says Samsung wants you to return the phone for a full refund. There is no data for replacement Notes.
No mention of loaner. Seems like things are worse this week.

From the Tmobile website:
Updated September 12, 2016 at 9:15*AM PT

Samsung and the Consumer Product Safety Commission are urging customers to power down their Note7 devices, stop charging or using them, and exchange them now.
We encourage customers to follow Samsung’s guidance and return the Note7 to T-Mobile for a full, complete refund of anything paid for the device and any Note7 accessories, and get a different device in our inventory. We’ll waive any restocking charges and shipping fees, and customers can keep the free Netflix subscription and Gear Fit or SD card they received with purchase during pre-order.

I got that text as well just as I was pulling up to the T-mobile store to get a loaner. On the text that I got when I click on the link in the verbiage it also says "... Samsung is working to fix the issue, but a date has not been set when new, replacement Note7 devices will be available." I asked the rep about that had he said initially Samsung told them they should see replacements in 2-4 weeks but now that the government has gotten involved he speculated it may go into late October or possibly later which wouldn't be surprising.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
The more I hear about this I think Samsun is lying. Or lets say they were lying about it being a battery issue.
Now the government is stepping in and I'm going to extend my original prediction that the Note wont be back in the US until Next year if at all. At this point they might as well call it the Note 7s(afe).

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
New Text from T mobile says Samsung wants you to return the phone for a full refund. There is no data for replacement Notes.
No mention of loaner. Seems like things are worse this week.

From the Tmobile website:
Updated September 12, 2016 at 9:15*AM PT

Samsung and the Consumer Product Safety Commission are urging customers to power down their Note7 devices, stop charging or using them, and exchange them now.
We encourage customers to follow Samsung’s guidance and return the Note7 to T-Mobile for a full, complete refund of anything paid for the device and any Note7 accessories, and get a different device in our inventory. We’ll waive any restocking charges and shipping fees, and customers can keep the free Netflix subscription and Gear Fit or SD card they received with purchase during pre-order.

Why is this worse? This is basically the same thing that has been said for weeks.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
They would have done the testing when? While customers are powering down their devices and waiting for testing and approved to be completed? Kinda like what is happening right now?
As soon as they discovered the issue was with the battery which was pretty quick. And people are getting loaner phones now like they would in that situation. The original point was this would have been a much easier resolution had the phone not been sealed and they could ship out new batteries instead of the customer having to ship back the entire phone which I feel is true but you do not. So we agree to disagree.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: If N7 is that dangerous then why . . .

If N7 is that dangerous then why . . .. . . don't all cellular companies simply knock them all offline thus rendering them useless?

Still has wifi ;) If anything, this is the first device I have owned where the wifi runs warmer downloading than LTE in a good signal area.

John_Cline

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Note 7 bedside charging station:

View attachment 239259

Lithium batteries can reach temperatures of up to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit when burning.

Also, it's probably not a good idea to get a damaged lithium batterie wet, Lithium is highly reactive to water and dropping a burning phone into water might make things worse. Although, there is relatively little lithium in a Lithium-Ion battery, nevertheless, why take the chance?

That said, since I never use my oven, that's where I have my Note 7 stored until Verizon finally sorts this mess out.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I got a call from samsung and missed the call and i called them back. It was just a friendly call because i called about the promo a week or so ago. The lady asked me if i had the note 7 and i said yes. And she said please power it down. I said thank you but i will when they come in stock due to my sprint store not giving me anything really as a loner phone. She said to me that MANY stores have them in stock. And that Samsung has shipped them to stores but stores were told to never release 1 phone till they get the memo it is okay to do so.

She told me that i should power it down right after i hang up and return it and again i said when i get a replacement phone since my local sprint store is being jerks about the loaner.

She also said that Samsung is not liable for anything that happens since i was warned to power it off by the cpsc and that Samsung also says turn it in right now.

My phone does not get hot and i am not going without a phone. Now lastly what about the tempered glass i put on it i bought? I can't exchange it. Anyway i am glad that the phones are in the places they need to be just waiting on the stupid cpsc to finish and let them be exchanged. And she said hopefully the end of the week or 1st of next week.

Last thing i said was thank you and she said your welcome and please power off the phone and i said thank you for your concern :)

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

you said replaceable batteries wouldn't have stopped this. I agree. However, if they were replaceable, as with the Note 4, the issue could've been resolved by having customers take phones in to retailers for a new battery. That is much easier than trying to replace the entire device.

John_Cline

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

you said replaceable batteries wouldn't have stopped this. I agree. However, if they were replaceable, as with the Note 4, the issue could've been resolved by having customers take phones in to retailers for a new battery. That is much easier than trying to replace the entire device.

Yeah, I'm guessing that the Galaxy Note 8 will have a replaceable battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair