Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission

Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Lithium batteries can reach temperatures of up to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit when burning.

Also, it's probably not a good idea to get a damaged lithium batterie wet, Lithium is highly reactive to water and dropping a burning phone into water might make things worse. Although, there is relatively little lithium in a Lithium-Ion battery, nevertheless, why take the chance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNMfe20I_IE

That said, since I never use my oven, that's where I have my Note 7 stored until Verizon finally sorts this mess out.
I hope you have a GFIS on that charger outlet/circuit that might protect the phone but you could have a hole noutgher issue there with water and ecectric

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Returning and re-buying instead of replacement

I have been presented with a unique opportunity to re buy my note 7 from a different retailer that I had originally wanted to go to but was too late on the pre order so I decided to stick to my pre order through my carrier.

It suddenly dawned on me that since this phone needs to be replaced anyways, why not just get my refund from my rogers carrier and go through Costco like I wanted to? Sure I may lose out on any perks samsung is offering to customers who stick.it out but for samsung Canada, it doesn't sound like we are getting much in the way of any perks anyways

My only question in, since I've already received my gear fit 2, I assume it's mine to keep now correct?

I know I'll be longer down the list to get a note 7 again and i am 1000% in keeping this device but I do have a perfectly good iphone 6s plus to be used in the meantime

The other push for me to just send it back for a refund is because I was supposed to sell my iphone to pay for the note 7 but now that I'm supposed to turn it off and not use, I'm.using my iPhone because the loaner option from rogers is a very bare bones basic phone. So atleast since it could be a month to get a replacement, I don't have to pay up the $560 for a phone I can't use lol

Anyone else taken this path?

Shawn0813

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Returning and re-buying instead of replacement

Yeah I returned mine and reactivated my iPhone 6s Plus. Now I am torn whether to buy the iPhone 7 plus or just use mine for awhile.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Ban At Work

Given the hysteria they should remake the movie Sorcerer, that is about a truck delivering nitroglycerin (great movie) and replace the nitro with Note 7's.

Call it Noterer :)

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

I brought Note 7 and got a Gear fit 2. I returned the Note 7 and got a S7 Edge as a replacement... I have since submitted and was approved for a 256gb micro SD card.

I'll just keep playing the game till I get it a note 7 that doesn't blow up

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site

I called 1-800-SAMSUNG and asked where to return my "gift" and was told to keep it. Not saying that is an official position, and I'm sure they are frazzled right now, but in the midst of this insanely screwed up recall, I don't think they are interested in sending me a mailing label to return a used part. What in the world would they do with them?

PS - we returned (refunded) my son's GN7 and bought a new S7e, and promotions approved a free Gear VR with $50 in media credits...

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site

Given the hysteria they should remake the movie Sorcerer, that is about a truck delivering nitroglycerin (great movie) and replace the nitro with Note 7's.

Call it Noterer :)

I doubt replacements are coming anytime soon, now is a great time to replace the device while all the carries are being helpful

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I doubt replacements are coming anytime soon, now is a great time to replace the device while all the carries are being helpful

I really don't want to return this for a S7 edge and then two days later they announce Note replacements. knowing my luck that is what will happen :(

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
you said replaceable batteries wouldn't have stopped this. I agree. However, if they were replaceable, as with the Note 4, the issue could've been resolved by having customers take phones in to retailers for a new battery. That is much easier than trying to replace the entire device.

No. There wouldn't be any batteries to replace them with just like there aren't any Note 7 to replace the faulty Note 7s with. You'd be left with a phone with no battery until new batteries were made.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
No. There wouldn't be any batteries to replace them with just like there aren't any Note 7 to replace the faulty Note 7s with. You'd be left with a phone with no battery until new batteries were made.

Exactly. Why are people not getting this? There aren't just batteries sitting around in a where house, ready for every occasion lol

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc