Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Ban At Work

That is not what I said. I said the entire car is recalled, not replaced. Wth?

The whole point is that if only the battery was defective, and not sealed, Samsung would have the option of manufacturing good batteries and only replacing the battery, not the whole phone.Samsung could recall the phone, customers take them to their local carrier...ATT/Sprint/Best Buy...whatever. The carrier would swap the batteries and you're done. Simple as that! That would be more convenient for the customer and cheaper for Samsung.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Why couldn't they have gotten batteries from ATL who made the good batteries?

http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-note-7-drops-samsung-sdi-batteries-714788/
Samsung SDI will no longer supply batteries for the Galaxy Note 7, after issues with battery fires and explosions required a mass recall of handsets.

They can and will, I believe. But those batteries weren't just sitting around waiting for an incident like this. All of this is taking time for testing and approval.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. Why are people not getting this? There aren't just batteries sitting around in a where house, ready for every occasion lol

Of course there aren't 2.5 million batteries sitting in a where [sic] house! They have to make them! Instead of making the whole phone, they would only have to make the batteries.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Ban At Work

The whole point is that if only the battery was defective, and not sealed, Samsung would have the option of manufacturing good batteries and only replacing the battery, not the whole phone.Samsung could recall the phone, customers take them to their local carrier...ATT/Sprint/Best Buy...whatever. The carrier would swap the batteries and you're done. Simple as that! That would be more convenient for the customer and cheaper for Samsung.

I'm still confused. If there aren't new phones with new batteries now, how would they get just batteries to suppliers now?

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Of course there aren't 2.5 million batteries sitting in a where [sic] house! They have to make them! Instead of making the whole phone, they would only have to make the batteries.

Yes, you're right. You'd still have to wait. And turn in a defective battery and have a phone without a battery, so no working phone. Instead you can have a replacement, loaner or trade of a working phone.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, you're right. You'd still have to wait. And turn in a defective battery and have a phone without a battery, so no working phone. Instead you can have a replacement, loaner or trade of a working phone.

Right. In other words, there is NO easy way out of this. "If they had just" doesn't work in this scenario. We are where we are, and imagining removable battery scenarios in your head is counter productive.

It wouldn't have prevented any damage, nor would it have sped up any recovery

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Returning and re-buying instead of replacement

Yes, I returned my Note7 for a full refund, accessories included. Although, I do still have 2 cases I ordered from Amazon. I still signed up for the replacement notifications through Best Buy, however, I have a bad feeling that I'll be made to wait until the fulfill those (at least at the store i purchased/registered with) because I am seeing other people posting receipts showing they have a hold on a New Note7. I didn't receive anything, nor did I have a chance to get on any list in my local store. I want to get the Note7 again, so I have a feeling that I'll have to wait until the rest of the world is allowed/supposed to be able to purchase them again. I took the step to return for a refund because I too didn't want to be paying down a purchase on my CC that I wasn't even able to use.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: 6 Year old boy NOT burned by a Note 7

As seen in the Verizon thread, the phone that exploded was a Galaxy Core. See video below.

Samsung Phone Blows Up in Brooklyn Kid's Hand, Grandpa Says | NBC New York

This makes things far worse!! Now, it's not just a Note 7 catching fire, it's a different Galaxy device. This can easily cast doubt on all Samsung phones. Truly a worst case scenario. And what I reiterated before in another thread, that Samsung needs to get it's quality control in order. As I said before, Samsung washing machines have also been recalled and there have been reports of them catching fire also.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Wow that sucks... I didn't think of that. I just thought, "bad luck for samsung note 7 because every phone that catches fire they are going to call Note 7." :-\

The Emergency Medical Unit in Boston with the Samsung Active, the 6-year old with the Core (Removeable battery too!!), doesn't matter if the Jeep had a Note 7 or not... worse if not now... cause now you just have the impression "All Samsungs have bad batteries and go boom." :confused:

But who made the battery in the Active? Or the Core? If it's all Samsung SDI then you have an issue. Apple will have to wonder too because Samsung SDI was listed as a supplier to Apple this year. They probably supply batteries to most others too.

This makes things far worse!! Now, it's not just a Note 7 catching fire, it's a different Galaxy device. This can easily cast doubt on all Samsung phones. Truly a worst case scenario. And what I reiterated before in another thread, that Samsung needs to get it's quality control in order. As I said before, Samsung washing machines have also been recalled and there have been reports of them catching fire also.

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site

There's been reports of a lot of things catching fire by all brands. They only get media attention like this because of the note 7 recall.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

Maybe they had an aftermarket no name battery in it 😕

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Apparently the boy had been playing for hours. I wouldn't even trust that with an iPhone. Let's see which websites print updates, and which ones go on letting their readers believe it was a Note 7

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Returning and re-buying instead of replacement

Well i'll be returning my note 7 to my carrier bit won't be handing them over my gear fit since it didn't come from them

Like I said, I have full intention of repurchasing it after its back out again, bit through the preferred retailer that offers a way better protection plan and more free perks

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

It doesn't matter at this point and if they did make the correction, then it just makes it worse then you give the impression all Samsungs are blowing up. It could get govt widening investigation to more models maybe??

Apparently the boy had been playing for hours. I wouldn't even trust that with an iPhone. Let's see which websites print updates, and which ones go on letting their readers believe it was a Note 7

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

It doesn't matter at this point and if they did make the correction, then it just makes it worse then you give the impression all Samsungs are blowing up. It could get govt widening investigation to more models maybe??
If the government wants to widen the investigation then they better include every model of every phone from every manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR