Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't matter at this point and if they did make the correction, then it just makes it worse then you give the impression all Samsungs are blowing up. It could get govt widening investigation to more models maybe??

It does? Not really. Anything with a battery or cord can catch fire. Apple has had several phones catch fire.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: 6 Year old boy NOT burned by a Note 7

True... but I'm saying in this case at this moment... the media has already generated such a firestorm on the name Samsung... it's all you need to hear a couple of more other samsung models in the news that could be enough. Just giving out a possibility. Heck youre right and it could affect Apple... like I said Samsung SDI supplies to Apple.

If the government wants to widen the investigation then they better include every model of every phone from every manufacturer.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Apple gets it share of stories like antenna gate and bend gate and even though people think they are so loved... they probably have a bigger target on their backs than anyone else with people wanting to jump on them for the next something-gate scandal. :-\

lol you know they are gonna squeeze/cover the antenna best they can, get an elephant to sit on the phone to see if it bends and drop it 100 ft to test the glass the moment the 7 comes out to find something. It because of past apple-gates people do this crazy tests and youtube videos on all phones now.

It does? Not really. Anything with a battery or cord can catch fire. Apple has had several phones catch fire.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Ban At Work

I would just like to add that this whole thing sucks. Big time. Makes me sad. It feels like it tarnishes Samsung and Android. Any brand damage Samsung takes on hurts Android too i feel like. My iPhone friends have been sneering at me.

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Returning and re-buying instead of replacement

Went to Best Buy today and got on the list to receive a new replacement N7 when they come in. Pretty sure I'll use mine until then..... although if I hear anymore confirmed reports and N7s catching fire... I might fire up my N5 which I have on hand as backup.

So far, there have been only 35 confirmed cases of phones catching fire that I'm aware of.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

I would just like to add that this whole thing sucks. Big time. Makes me sad. It feels like it tarnishes Samsung and Android. Any brand damage Samsung takes on hurts Android too i feel like. My iPhone friends have been sneering at me.

Let them. Trust me when I say no company escapes an embarrassing scandal forever.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I am waiting for the replacement. I bought mine from Verizon with a 2 year contract, I want to keep the older date and not reset the contract date when the replacements come out. Right now I'm using my note 5 till I get the replacement

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm still waiting to see how this turns out a week, month even a year from now. It looks bad now, but I'm not so sure it will seem that way in 6 months, when Sammy is on to the next big thing.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Of course there aren't 2.5 million batteries sitting in a where [sic] house! They have to make them! Instead of making the whole phone, they would only have to make the batteries.

How do you know this... Is it really just the batteries or is something else also wrong?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.gombosdev.ampere&token=_F2D2tLv

I use the paid version to get notifications not only on my phone but they get pushed to my Gear S2 3G watch as well. The alerts are activated when the battery temperature hits 109 degrees Fahrenheit. The normal high my Note 7 reaches has been 99 degrees Fahrenheit.
Sweet thank you ,multitasking all evening 95.5 degrees 10% battery after all day heavy use time to charge. TKS

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site

I returned mine to a Verizon store for a full refund and got my upgrade back. Was going to buy a Note 5 but my LG G3 is still limping along, when I thought it might be dead, and I reactivated it and am going to wait for the dust to settle and see if it seems like the replacements might show up in a month or two or is likely to drag on longer. Or if only those who still have them will get replacements. May still go with the Note 5 but tired of dealing with all this, and all the decisions involved. Have two cases, and an extra charging block and cord I bought, and that 256 gb card, so there is an investment there, but I have drawers full of old cases and chargers for dead phones so, nothing new there.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

I turned mine in since global recall and wanting no chances. Two have exploded in Phoenix that I am aware of. I know Samsung will bounce back from this. Am glad corporate Verizon offering double switch. Am using the edge7 right now. Twice today I went for the stylus. Lol. It's a habit. I hope Verizon knows soon but in the meantime I have a worry free device.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Yeah I'm waiting to hear when/if new ones start being available... I can get a Note 7 through work (when they were available) for $600 so that's the only reason I stick around. I had a hard time swallowing $900 at release and with this fiasco definitely if I had to buy full retail I wouldnt.

I have a iPhone 6 loaner from work... so don't feel the rush to buy 7 unless work wants their phone back. I'd hate to wait that long but I could wait for S8 Edge if needed. But I'd really like to try the S-Pen and the software features related to it.

I'm still waiting to see how this turns out a week, month even a year from now. It looks bad now, but I'm not so sure it will seem that way in 6 months, when Sammy is on to the next big thing.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

900fa49b1b44378fc85b276406aeb49e.jpg

After all day heavy usage.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site

Samsung told me to keep my gifts. I somehow got the Fit 2 and 256 card free. Also got a year of Netflix (returned a T-Mo version after the first week...).

:)

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you're right. You'd still have to wait. And turn in a defective battery and have a phone without a battery, so no working phone. Instead you can have a replacement, loaner or trade of a working phone.

Exactly. You may have to wait the same amount of time to have a working phone, but the benefit to customer is I don't need to set up my phone again (It takes a few hours to restore apps/files/settings/logins etc.). The benefit to Samsung is manufacturing the battery and paying the carrier to install is probably cheaper than manufacturing a whole new phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.