Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnologyTwitt

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site

Bartone

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Does The New IMEI I Checker Mean Not All Note 7's Are Being Replaced Now?

Now that the site is up, does that mean you will only get a replacement if it says your device is effected?

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: More than 70 phones are already explode in United states

Isn't that worse for Samsung if more phones outside the note line are exploding?

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Does The New IMEI I Checker Mean Not All Note 7's Are Being Replaced Now?

No...
How many ways must someone say that ALL NOTE 7 PHONES are no good except the ones sold (not made) in China?
EVERY SINGLE NOTE 7 MUST BE EXCHANGED. The look up tool is useless until the new stock is released..

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

It never ceases to amaze me at how many people elect to ignore warnings - - especially one like this given the factual basis.

Why? Why would any sane/responsible person gamble and put themselves and/or others in harm's way over a bloody cell phone?

And why haven't the cellular carriers acted to take all N7's offline?

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I disagree somewhat. Logical people know how to separate the company that makes the hardware from the OS. The problem is that a lot of Samsung diehards make it feel like Android is Samsung and Samsung is Android. For instance a person can bash Samsung but not android. I ran into an instance where I said something negative about Samsung a while ago (which was well deserved at that time). And one of my friends who is a Samsung diehard immediately came at me talking about how Android is better than iOS. I had to quickly point out to him that I was talking about Samsung and not Android. He proceeded to be quiet at that point.

I just don't understand why people need to get into such partisan debates over a phone.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

It never ceases to amaze me at how many people elect to ignore warnings - - especially one like this given the factual basis.

Why? Why would any sane/responsible person gamble and put themselves and/or others in harm's way over a bloody cell phone?

And why haven't the cellular carriers acted to take all N7's offline?
This is no different than people being warned of shark attacks at the beach.. Oh, well I was in the water and no sharks attacked me... I've been swimming out there with no problem.....

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Does The New IMEI I Checker Mean Not All Note 7's Are Being Replaced Now?

Now that the site is up, does that mean you will only get a replacement if it says your device is effected?

No..No...No... It is intended to protect people in the resale market for once the new batch comes out (thats why it is down now)

Why do you still have yours? Its a ticking bomb that may or may not ever go off. Why chance it. Make the switch and make the switch back in a few weeks.

vespesian

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site

...is total number sold, not just "defective". No one knows how many are defective.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I havent dropped mine yet... which is odd, cuz i usually drop my phones at least a few times a week, so im a lil concerned about what might happen when I inevitably do.

Luckily, they usually fall outta my lap as I'm getting outta my car or truck tho, so at least it's most likely to happen on pavement, and not my carpeted living room floor 😉

BustA Groove

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Ban At Work

UPDATE:. Within a few hours of filing the BBB complaint online,, my youngest received a call from AT&T Executive Support. The voicemail referenced receiving the BBB complaint. Since she was at work on duty, she was unable to take the call. She called back and got voicemail. She'll follow up this morning.

BustA Groove

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Where's the option for "tried to hand it in, and none of the stores would take it back?"

UPDATE:. Within a few hours of filing the BBB complaint online regarding AT&T customer support and refusal to honor the Samsung voluntary recall and exchange program, my youngest received a call from AT&T Executive Support. The voicemail referenced receiving the BBB complaint. Since she was at work on duty, she was unable to take the call. She called back and got voicemail. She'll follow up this morning.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

Have any of them actually exploded though? My understanding is that they're heating up, bulging, seeping fumes and possibly catching stuff on fire that's next to it that's flammable. That's very different than actually kaboom!

Status
Not open for further replies.