Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission

Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
It kinda is... Abroad Samsung can do what they want... But now that the CSPC is involved here in the states they would have to approve such action........ The fastest way to get these recalled phones out the hands of consumers is to approve these replacements....
So the CSPC has control over the current phone too ? Not just the approvel of the new phone?

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
So the CSPC has control over the current phone too ? Not just the approvel of the new phone?
They can force a mandatory recall on the phone... So yes they do have Control on both versions.... They are still investigating so we're not officially recalled through them... This is still a voluntary recall...

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
They can force a mandatory recall on the phone... So yes they do have Control on both versions.... They are still investigating so we're not officially recalled through them... This is still a voluntary recall...
Yeal I understand maby a Mandatory recall but not any control over software updates

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Yeal I understand maby a Mandatory recall but not any control over software updates
If we get put into a mandatory recall you can bet Samsung would get that update approved by the CSPC.. Not to mention carriers would get a lot more aggressive and begin suspending lines that have active note 7's on them

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: "The Blame Game"....who is responsible from this point forward?

Samsung SDI made the batteries. So Samsung is to blame because they were the battery company that screwed up

Okay, and who was the other company??????

That's it....China ATL. They both made batteries for the Note 7.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: "The Blame Game"....who is responsible from this point forward?

Okay, and who was the other company??????

That's it....China ATL. They both made batteries for the Note 7.
All the ATL batteries are good though.
Samsung specifically stated that the problem was with Samsung SDI battery only....

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Not handing in your Note 7? You'll soon regret it

Apparently, Samsung is setting a date after which it will issue a software update that will limit any initial batch Note 7 to charge to 60% max. This is a safeguard to the battery and ( I am guessing here ) as a nuisance factor to the owners to encourage them to return their phones.

I whole heartedly agree with that. Brilliant strategy too btw.

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Will Note 7 be the troll under the bridge to Samsung or will they do right by it?

Damn, I am on the fence with waiting on the exchange. I bought the phone outright from Samsung Canada, was very excited for it too!

Now, it's such a huge black eye to them I am wondering if they are going to try to shove it under the bridge and treat it like the Note 4. Which in my opinion was totally neglected and not supported. Note 5 became the darling child due to the redesign.

So Samsung can go one of 2 ways. They can truly try to make good to the consumers who stood by and supported them vs just asking for refunds (unlikely from a business model) but I can hope. OR truly send it under the bridge and totally neglect it in favour of the upcoming child (Note 8).

I am kind of torn here because I was just as excited for the Note 4 when it came out but it really did get neglected in my opinion. Now with the disgraced Note 7, what will their mindset be?

I am not too worried about resale value because I plan on keeping the device for minimum 2 years, but if it is treated like the Note 4, I will likely regret it. I guess I hope that I like the OS as it is, because I can't count on it ever getting the newest updates for the next 2 years.

Sigh. What do you guys think? Will they try to show great customer service to those who still stood by the product? Or just hope it all goes away and write it off (regarding support) in favour of trying to get rep and finances back with the new Note 8?

jabloomf1230

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Will Note 7 be the troll under the bridge to Samsung or will they do right by it?

I have no idea why you think that the Note 4 was "neglected". The Note 4 was probably the high point of Samsung phones.

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Not handing in your Note 7? You'll soon regret it

This the 3rd or 4th thread on this....as stated in the others, this is only being done in S Korea, not anywhere else....

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

I think that everyone should exchange the phones. It would make things easier for everyone from flying on aircraft to re-selling their devices etc. There is just too much randomness with regards to which phones have the anode and cathode touching during charging or watching videos like the kid that got burned.

Small inconvenience to ensuring safe future use and ability to use the phone on a plane like all of the other kids :D

Besides playing the odds with this is just stupid and pointless when you can get a free exchange. Just a matter of delaying instant gratification.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site

Bring it on. I'm still using both my Note 7's. By the time this update ever comes especially with Verizon I will already have my replacements lol

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will Note 7 be the troll under the bridge to Samsung or will they do right by it?

LOL! Just type in Note 4 Neglected and read em and weep. Lots of articles that agree with me.

Note4

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

I'm cool with it if it makes my phone safer. Still not turning it in and won't regret it one bit.

If they want my phone back, have another Note 7 waiting for me to trade. At the very least, give me an approximate date when they will be available. If they don't tell me soon, I'll likely switch to an iPhone, of which I've never owned. They may lose me and my family forever if I like it. Then it's Samsung who will have regret.

The lack of communication other than what they THINK is CYA for THEM is astounding. I value customer support more than just specs and a competitive product. A mistake with the battery is not a big deal imo. Ignoring customers after making that mistake is unforgivable.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I think that everyone should exchange the phones. It would make things easier for everyone from flying on aircraft to re-selling their devices etc. There is just too much randomness with regards to which phones have the anode and cathode touching during charging or watching videos like the kid that got burned.

Small inconvenience to ensuring safe future use and ability to use the phone on a plane like all of the other kids :D

Besides playing the odds with this is just stupid and pointless when you can get a free exchange. Just a matter of delaying instant gratification.

I don't want a loaner phone then be responsible for it. I have an S7 I'm using right now. if I return the Note 7 for a refund then I have to wait longer for it to go back on sale to everyone. So I have to hold onto it to swap it for a new one then. If by the middle of next week we don't know anything then I'll have no choice but to get a refund before sept 30th hits. Then I don't know what I will buy. Maybe an S7 edge or the V20 I might pick up then.

kayjbee

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site

I'll turn my phone in as soon as the new ones are released!
I'm not setting up a phone 2 more times.

Status
Not open for further replies.