Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission

Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jabloomf1230

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Will Note 7 be the troll under the bridge to Samsung or will they do right by it?

Oh wow, "articles". You mean like the ones being written now about the Note 7?

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will Note 7 be the troll under the bridge to Samsung or will they do right by it?

Say what you want but the original context of my article stands, we have no way of knowing how Samsung will support the Note 7. The opinion of the community was my primary interest with the article.

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

that's how it works every new item gets the attention in the old items get pushed to the back the line that's why we get new phones every year

josh6113

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Not handing in your Note 7? You'll soon regret it

If the new notes are not out by the time the LG v20 is out I'm getting it.I am not playing there game.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

If the new notes are not out by the time the LG v20 is out I'm getting it.I am not playing there game.

Later this month the v20 is supposed to be out. I just don't know though. Samsung still has the best screens. Would the Edge be a downgrade over v20?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

You could probably say the same thing with the Note 7 getting rave reviews and one of the best phones this year.... but the Note 4 just got Marsmellow this month on AT&T and other carriers recently? How long after it was initially released and how long after marshmallow was released?

That's always my concern with all non-Nexus phones... never gets updates fast enough.

Note 7 came before Nougat and is technically behind OS wise to the V20... when is the Note 7 going to get Nougat? Does this recall issue make Samsung/carriers delay/shelve Nougat release? Hopefully release of Nougat will have updates that address lag claims by many? after a that when's the next OS Update? What about periodic small updates to address bugs or touchwiz updates... even Apple finds issues throughout year and updates there ios a few times a year to keep fresh.

It does make you wonder if they will do much for Note 7 after all this. They'll be wanting to make people forget 7 with 8 around the corner.

I have no idea why you think that the Note 4 was "neglected". The Note 4 was probably the high point of Samsung phones.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
If we get put into a mandatory recall you can bet Samsung would get that update approved by the CSPC.. Not to mention carriers would get a lot more aggressive and begin suspending lines that have active note 7's on them

I agree.

Lots of people saying the carriers WONT block IMEI's but if the CPSC says otherwise I bet the will start blocking phones.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

It's a broken system but they need to fix that. I thought they make more progress after all these years.

I'm typing this post on my ipad2 I think I bought in 2011 I think?? With iOS 5? I have iOS 10 on it today and runs great with all new features possible. Had all the previous versions with all the patches in between to address any bugs that may have been found.

Google and android manufacturers really gotta get on ball with that.

It does concern me that you spend $900 on a phone, there could be legitimate lag issues, and you won't get any updates to try and fix it.

that's how it works every new item gets the attention in the old items get pushed to the back the line that's why we get new phones every year

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

You could probably say the same thing with the Note 7 getting rave reviews and one of the best phones this year.... but the Note 4 just got Marsmellow this month on AT&T and other carriers recently? How long after it was initially released and how long after marshmallow was released?

That's always my concern with all non-Nexus phones... never gets updates fast enough.

Note 7 came before Nougat and is technically behind OS wise to the V20... when is the Note 7 going to get Nougat? Does this recall issue make Samsung/carriers delay/shelve Nougat release? Hopefully release of Nougat will have updates that address lag claims by many? after a that when's the next OS Update? What about periodic small updates to address bugs or touchwiz updates... even Apple finds issues throughout year and updates there ios a few times a year to keep fresh.

It does make you wonder if they will do much for Note 7 after all this. They'll be wanting to make people forget 7 with 8 around the corner.
Im in no hurry to update to Nogut will decline that update until the bugs are worked out.
My note 4 after almost 2 years updated to Marshmallow and created more problems than good , mostly apps that dident support the upgrade and then the phone would cycle on and off. unfortunately I wasn't able to revert back.
Im happy with the current platform with Android on the 7

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Later this month the v20 is supposed to be out. I just don't know though. Samsung still has the best screens. Would the Edge be a downgrade over v20?

Screen wise just the opposite LG screens aren't the prettiest to look at , cameras are going to be close, sound wise definitely a downgrade, ir blaster on the v20, shouldn't be a issue with a glass screen protector on the v20, you do have 7.0 on the v20.. and it will have a removable battery..

These are 2 very different phones..

Now the bad.. The v20 will have lg's UI and depending on which carrier you have may or may not have a factory recovery. No one knows if they have fixed the bootloop issues they have been plagued with and they aren't the greatest when it comes to optimizing the os. No way of using package disabler pro on the LG and no waterproofing.

The really bad about the US version of the edge is it's abysmal sounding speakers and crappy battery life. If you can get a unlocked Eynox version and the really bad won't be present. If you use a great BT headphones with AptX it's not as bad but it is doable if you aren't a audiophile.

Personally.. I would get a full refund then find a really inexpensive phone you can buy outright to use till all of this settles down.. I went with the Nexus 6p and actually love it.. I won't be buying anymore carrier branded phones again, as good as the Notes are I just don't need the bs associated with them or the carriers and this phone is a kickass phone on 7.0 sans the s-pen.. And both new Pixels will be out next month sometime as the rumor mill states..

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Screen wise just the opposite LG screens aren't the prettiest to look at , cameras are going to be close, sound wise definitely a downgrade, ir blaster on the v20, shouldn't be a issue with a glass screen protector on the v20, you do have 7.0 on the v20.. and it will have a removable battery..

These are 2 very different phones..

Now the bad.. The v20 will have lg's UI and depending on which carrier you have may or may not have a factory recovery. No one knows if they have fixed the bootloop issues they have been plagued with and they aren't the greatest when it comes to optimizing the os. No way of using package disabler pro on the LG and no waterproofing.

The really bad about the US version of the edge is it's abysmal sounding speakers and crappy battery life. If you can get a unlocked Eynox version and the really bad won't be present. If you use a great BT headphones with AptX it's not as bad but it is doable if you aren't a audiophile.

Personally.. I would get a full refund then find a really inexpensive phone you can buy outright to use till all of this settles down.. I went with the Nexus 6p and actually love it.. I won't be buying anymore carrier branded phones again, as good as the Notes are I just don't need the bs associated with them or the carriers and this phone is a kickass phone on 7.0 sans the s-pen.. And both new Pixels will be out next month sometime as the rumor mill states..

Best buy sells unlocked S7 edges. Is it worth dealing with Best buy for unlocked phone as long as it's in stock and doesn't have issues (Edge). the whole ordering thing sounds like a pain though.

Is the Note 7 so tainted now it might not be worth going back to due to lack of updates possibly from Samsung?

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

This is not true. I talked to my official Samsung rep at best buy and they never set a date for anything. They aren't going to put out any kind of Ota update or anything.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

It will be supported the same as any Galaxy phone. Everyone is just seeing the worst in everything now, it's natural.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Best buy sells unlocked S7 edges. Is it worth dealing with Best buy for unlocked phone as long as it's in stock and doesn't have issues (Edge). the whole ordering thing sounds like a pain though.

Is the Note 7 so tainted now it might not be worth going back to due to lack of updates possibly from Samsung?
I've had a lot of issues here with Best Buy and phones.. So that is a no go for me anymore.. I'll buy through Amazon with PayPal.. You don't get a runaround with them and they have some great prices too..

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Reports here in Florida of another car Fire from a Note 7 just happened

Car catches fire: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 could be to blame

If these reports all coming out the last couple of days are all true I think we might be looking at something massive from the CPSC.
This is a nightmare.......It's sad because the beginning of the recall was handled so well.. If the government didn't get involved that person would of had a new phone already.. Yeah yeah yeah they should of exchanged it but not all of us have the same options...

RoyKelly2

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Seems like everyone is into instant gratification.

Of course Samsung is going to want to look at the phone, and it is not going to be instantaneous. The first reports of this was on Friday, after most businesses were closed for the weekend. Yet posters on here were posting on Sunday about how slow Samsung is responding. Give Samsung 3 or 4 days to respond.

Allow me to make one correction. This can happen when in any use. As other posters have said

GET YOUR PHONE TURNED IN

This is what could happen if you charge your Samsung Note 7.

https://youtu.be/utHRQtuzuYo

The owner says Samsung has been giving him the run around, yet Samsung says they are working him to assist him any way...sounds like BS to me Samsung!

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

This the 3rd or 4th thread on this....as stated in the others, this is only being done in S Korea, not anywhere else....

This has been reported as being verified by a Samsung spokesperson as definitely happening. Only the exact starting date for this update hasn't been confirmed. And it's not just South Korea, it's starting first in South Korea then other parts of the world.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

This has been reported as being verified by a Samsung spokesperson as definitely happening. Only the exact starting date for this update hasn't been confirmed. And it's not just South Korea, it's starting first in South Korea then other parts of the world.
Everything I've seen has said otherwise so I don't believe you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781