Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Not handing in your Note 7? You'll soon regret it

This has been reported as being verified by a Samsung spokesperson as definitely happening. Only the exact starting date for this update hasn't been confirmed. And it's not just South Korea, it's starting first in South Korea then other parts of the world.

do you have link to back up your assertion?

Samsung has a stop-gap fix for the Note 7 problem: OTA update to limit charge to 60% - Android Authority

From this article:

The company is working with Korean carriers to prepare the update, which is planned to begin rolling out from September 20...It’s not clear if and when the update will be rolled out in other markets.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Everything I've seen has said otherwise so I don't believe you.

Do you really think Samsung is going to let lazy, negligent owners of Note 7's not do the right thing and hand their phones in? Samsung will do everything possible so that reports of exploding phones soon die down and are no longer making headlines. And these reports will continue whilst original batch Note 7's remain. Samsung knows that not all people will have common sense to hand in their phones. That is human nature.

Samsung are not going to sit idly by and hope everyone does the right thing.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Do you really think Samsung is going to let lazy, negligent owners of Note 7's not do the right thing and hand their phones in? Samsung will do everything possible so that reports of exploding phones soon die down and are no longer making headlines. And these reports will continue whilst original batch Note 7's remain. Samsung knows that not all people will have common sense to hand in their phones. That is human nature.

I think they're going to do exactly what the CPSC tells them to and at this point they have not said they'll do anything like that

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

again, do you have any links or are you just guessing? from the articles I provided, Samsung is working with Korean carriers to push out that update...Here in the states, they are working the government and not the carriers (as evidenced by the screwed experiences we have read about at the different carriers here already) to resolve this....

Note4

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Seems like everyone is into instant gratification.

Of course Samsung is going to want to look at the phone, and it is not going to be instantaneous. The first reports of this was on Friday, after most businesses were closed for the weekend. Yet posters on here were posting on Sunday about how slow Samsung is responding. Give Samsung 3 or 4 days to respond.

Allow me to make one correction. This can happen when in any use. As other posters have said

GET YOUR PHONE TURNED IN
This has been going on for two weeks. Check the date the following thread was started:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-7/719826-psa-note-7-recall.html

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

again, do you have any links or are you just guessing? from the articles I provided, Samsung is working with Korean carriers to push out that update...Here in the states, they are working the government and not the carriers (as evidenced by the screwed experiences we have read about at the different carriers here already) to resolve this....

Samsung Has Capped Charging For The Galaxy Note7 | Gizmodo Australia

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

2a5783e33d81a86ac27db8eafa2dc316.jpg

Still says Korea and a "when or "if" for Australia......

BustA Groove

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Will Note 7 be the troll under the bridge to Samsung or will they do right by it?

"Ultimately, Samsung’s success in winning back consumer trust comes down to its ability to acknowledge internally that the Galaxy Note 7 explosions are a real threat to its brand and do everything it can to restart a dialogue with consumers, all while proving it really cares about them and the concerns they might have.

“The big question is what can you do beyond the smartphone?” Llamas asked of Samsung. “That’s where Samsung needs to step up. If you’re directly responsible, you have to step up to the responsibility.”

“Make it up to customers with generous incentives to stick with the Note 7 instead of moving to a competitor,” Greengart recommends. “These are Samsung's best customers, and offering $25 through the carrier is not nearly good enough.”

Ma similarly believes that Samsung must go farther than it has to regain consumer trust, and should even consider “some form of compensation” so it might be “viewed as a company that really went out of its way to care for its customers rather than just being obligated to do so.”
Source

Last edited:

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Will Note 7 be the troll under the bridge to Samsung or will they do right by it?

Ultimately, Samsung’s success in winning back consumer trust comes down to its ability to acknowledge internally that the Galaxy Note 7 explosions are a real threat to its brand and do everything it can to restart a dialogue with consumers, all while proving it really cares about them and the concerns they might have.

“The big question is what can you do beyond the smartphone?” Llamas asked of Samsung. “That’s where Samsung needs to step up. If you’re directly responsible, you have to step up to the responsibility.”

“Make it up to customers with generous incentives to stick with the Note 7 instead of moving to a competitor,” Greengart recommends. “These are Samsung's best customers, and offering $25 through the carrier is not nearly good enough.”

Ma similarly believes that Samsung must go farther than it has to regain consumer trust, and should even consider “some form of compensation” so it might be “viewed as a company that really went out of its way to care for its customers rather than just being obligated to do so.”
Source

L3, makers of the Eotech holographic sights used on rifles had a big debacle last year when they settled with the US government over claims of faulty optics in extreme temps. They offered every single customer a full MSRP refund if they sent theirs back in even if you bought it on sale still got full MSRP check. Maybe Samsung could send each user like a $100 check for our troubles.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

L3, makers of the Eotech holographic sights used on rifles had a big debacle last year when they settled with the US government over claims of faulty optics in extreme temps. They offered every single customer a full MSRP refund if they sent theirs back in even if you bought it on sale still got full MSRP check. Maybe Samsung could send each user like a $100 check for our troubles.
They sold over a million phones....that would be another 100millions dollars down the drain on top of the 2 billion lost from faulty note 7s (2.5 million units affected at $900 a phone) and 22billion in market value they lost ...

I think their done bleeding money....we'll get some promotions thrown at us cause only the educated consumer will submit for it and you wouldn't have to pay off everyone

Skybrok

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

These phones don't cost them even 20% of what they charge us to actually make them. Sure there is new tech that goes into them but that translates into all the other phones/tablets they make for that year. They spend sooooo much on advertising too. But like almost all products especially electronics, it's typically around 15-20% of what we pay that it costs them make the product. So they're taking a hit sure, more so with investors and the public eye. Financially they had an expectation of what the Note 7's revenue would generate for them in the 2nd half of the year and they're wanting to hold on to as much of that as possible. Remember, at Samsung if you don't do better then the previous versions sales, your more then likely asked to leave. They could easily afford to give everyone a crisp $100 to retain/attract customers because of this situation but right now I think they're trying to get their product back into everyone's hands before something else is placed there.

I think they've done all they can with this so far....jumped on it right away....no questions about exchanges/loaners/quick turn around. If it wasn't for the CSPC, I really believe we'd be getting our replacements this week. Verizon rep on the phone and at my local both suggested over the weekend that replacements should be in to stores beginning of this week. I understand the CSPC's checking everything and that's fine-we might not get them for another week to even a month, but it sounds like Samsung would have had these to us about now, just like in the UK.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Samsung removing Note 7 displays from stores?

I just read this article that claims Samsung reps have removed displays in ATT and Sprint stores. If they are planning to put the Note back up for sale why would they be taking them down then? Does this mean an end to the Note 7 here in the US? Not a good sign.

No Official Recall Leaves Galaxy Note 7 Phone Users Confused, Angry - WSJ

New Note 7 devices will be available after CPSC approval, a Samsung spokeswoman said.

Meanwhile, Samsung has visited Sprint Corp. and AT&T stores to remove Note 7 displays, according to sales staff at stores in San Francisco.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung removing Note 7 displays from stores?

I just read this article that claims Samsung reps have removed displays in ATT and Sprint stores. If they are planning to put the Note back up for sale why would they be taking them down then? Does this mean an end to the Note 7 here in the US? Not a good sign.

Clearing means we're not getting replacements anytime soon.....Definitely not the 16th or 19th as rumored..Unless their trying the whole out of sight out of mind thing......No displays so no one inquires about the note 7 only to find its been recalled

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Clearing means we're not getting replacements anytime soon.....Definitely not the 16th or 19th as rumored

Yea. I think on Thur I will go and return this and just go with an Edge until next year. So sick of dealing with this. Gubermint isn't helping as well. Probably just another useless government agency with people with way too much time on their hands. Could have had replacements by now.

What would happen if the Iphone 7 had problems like this? You think the government would step in and give them Samsung treatment and kill this years Iphone?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

I would say, until Samsung has replaced the current bad units with the new ones, we aren't going to see new stock in stores, at least in large quantity. So it would make sense not to have the note 7 on display as they may not have stock to sell right now. I am sure they will put the units back out on display after this is all blown over

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

Yea. I think on Thur I will go and return this and just go with an Edge until next year. So sick of dealing with this. Gubermint isn't helping as well. Probably just another useless government agency with people with way too much time on their hands. Could have had replacements by now.

What would happen if the Iphone 7 had problems like this? You think the government would step in and give them Samsung treatment and kill this years Iphone?
Samsung actually has a contract with apple to supply batteries so if they launch a full investigation who knows how deep they will go....but if any manufacturer has this probelm they will step in......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig