Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Not handing in your Note 7? You'll soon regret it

You value customer support and retailers value customer loyalty. Perhaps you should work with Samsung and you might get more support instead of acting entitled and lying down in the middle of the store on your back, kicking and screaming because the store doesn't have you silly little cell phone available. A retail/customer relationship is just that: a relationship. Where both sides are human, make mistakes and work together toward resolutions that make everyone happy. Not one wherein the customer disrespects the store and expects rewards.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Please stop. Words become things.
I am actually starting to really believe that there is a chance, I say a chance, that Samsung might scrap the Note 7 entirely in the US. If they dont with all of these agencies now (and big agencies at that like the FAA and MTA) they must put some distinct markings or something on these new devices or there will be absolutely chaos.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
This...
"“We are working as hard as we can and as fast as we can to announce an official recall in conjunction with Samsung,” a CPSC official said."
...is the best thing I've heard since the CPSC got involved. At least it's something more concrete and going in the right direction. And it puts the heat on the CPSC. Common lobbyists grease those wheels.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

When the device shorts, the 60% setting is irrelevant. It will keep charging until the battery ruptures or the charge cable fries or shorts. This is a ploy to get people off the Note 7, but will just create false sense of security when charging.

I disabled updates and waiting until a replacement Note 7 is available. Samsung seems ATM to be in a silly death spiral in part fueled by media hysteria and the Samsung pours a tanker full of gas on it.

I agree with everything you are saying about the software limiting the charge level not protecting anyone and perhaps giving people a false sense of security who keep using their N7. But I don't agree with your using your N7, for any length of time, while waiting for a replacement N7. You might not think that you could be holding a ticking time bomb, but if you are mistaken, you might be hurting others and not just yourself.

unpilot

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Cracked screen

So 4 days ago I dropped my Note 7 and cracked the screen.

Yes I know I should have had a case for it...and been more carefull.
Of course now we are supposed to replace our Note7 with a different phone.
My question is has anyone had a similar situation and how did the carrier/store handle it.

I am on the road for the next week and unable to take it to my home Verizon store.
Also I bought this phone online from Verizon.

I wonder if all recalled phones from the USA will be destroyed or what will happed to them.

Thanks for any info from other clumsy Note 7 user's.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Looks like this update to 60% might acfect all notes even the new ones ,then the update would be reversed after the recall ends.
From Forbs today
Forbes Welcome

I read elsewhere that only the old phones will get this update.

Dun think this reversing method will work since there will surely be some Note 7 that are not being returned?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Screen wise just the opposite LG screens aren't the prettiest to look at...

The screens are pretty subjective. For example, I prefer my G4 screen over the Note 7. The colors seem more accurate (I don't like the AMOLED over saturated colors), and the edge screens remind me of watching an old CRT t.v. With a tube going out and making the image wrap back on itself. It wouldn't be quite so bad if watching full screen videos and such didn't utilize the edge section, but they do and it's extremely distracting.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

The screens are pretty subjective. For example, I prefer my G4 screen over the Note 7. The colors seem more accurate (I don't like the AMOLED over saturated colors), and the edge screens remind me of watching an old CRT t.v. With a tube going out and making the image wrap back on itself. It wouldn't be quite so bad if watching full screen videos and such didn't utilize the edge section, but they do and it's extremely distracting.
This is my first edge screen on the note 7 and im enjoying it , only 1 web page wraped the text into the curve.
Munch better than looking at boarders on the side

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cracked screen

So 4 days ago I dropped my Note 7 and cracked the screen.

Yes I know I should have had a case for it...and been more carefull.
Of course now we are supposed to replace our Note7 with a different phone.
My question is has anyone had a similar situation and how did the carrier/store handle it.

I am on the road for the next week and unable to take it to my home Verizon store.
Also I bought this phone online from Verizon.

I wonder if all recalled phones from the USA will be destroyed or what will happed to them.

Thanks for any info from other clumsy Note 7 user's.

I did see a YT vid on Android Authority, where it was said that the only benefit of the recall is if you've damaged your phone as you're effectively getting a free replacement.

Just what I saw. Don't shoot the messenger...

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

AMOLED screens can over saturate if you let them.. You have to be able to change out of the torch mode on them to do it. I liked my g4 a lot but hated it because of never being able to get the true blacks on it. This is one of the reasons I love my 6p and being able to set it in sRGB in the settings..

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

For those saying they won't turn it in until...
May I ask, are you still using it, and if so, why are you willing to risk fire and injury to yourself, your loved ones, and your property, just for a phone?
I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm too tired to fight back anyway, I just want to know.

Tahir27

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site

For those saying they won't turn it in until...
May I ask, are you still using it, and if so, why are you willing to risk fire and injury to yourself, your loved ones, and your property, just for a phone?
I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm too tired to fight back anyway, I just want to know.

Still using mine. Dont have another phone to use, as I sold the phone that I switched from. Stores wont offer a loaner, so my choices are either, not have a phone at all, or take my chances with it until the replacements are in.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

Still using mine. Dont have another phone to use, as I sold the phone that I switched from. Stores wont offer a loaner, so my choices are either, not have a phone at all, or take my chances with it until the replacements are in.

Wow, not honoring the loaners. That can't be good for the retailer or the user if anything happens.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

We decided to keep my wife's and use it while it was asymptomatic. Yesterday she noticed it was not charging right and getting hotter than normal when trying. So it was shut off and will be doing an exchange today if all goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781