Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission

Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung removing Note 7 displays from stores?

No, there is a conspiracy here.... we gotta be allowed to know the TRUTH!!! We are being lied to... it will be June of 2018 before they release the new ones.. Apple is paying the government to keep Samsung off the shelf.

Finally someone gets it, I have a call into Alex Jones right now.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Maybe go with a Note4 instead?

I sold my note 4 the day I got my 7 bad move it was in perfect shape got a quick $75 for it after 2 years , and yes it just updated to Marshmallow 6.01 and that actually created some problems with a couple aaps and the phone cycling , the 4 was/is a great phone really enjoyed it.
If they update the 7 to Nougat I will decline that until its tested with other users on the 7 and bugs are worked out.
so obviously I wish I still had ny note 4 to use now

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't think a re-branding is out of the question, or even a bad idea at this point. I think sales of the Note 7 will be significantly hampered by all the bad publicity, as well as the bans by airlines and transportation authorities around the globe. There are even reports hitting the wire now that say there is a recall starting in China, as well as a ban on all Chinese airlines. Perhaps Samsung will cut their losses. I would suggest a re-brand to the Galaxy S. Instead of having 2 launches a year, about 6 months apart. Re-brand to the Galaxy S and Galaxy SE (executive). The SE would basically be a Note. So it would have a slightly larger screen, the S-pen, and some other software updates. The S would be your standard Galaxy S offering. The added plus to this would be that consumers could feel excited about their new device for a whole year, instead of feeling buyer's remorse when the newest upgrades are announced only 6 months or less from the time the bought their shiny new device. Just food for thought.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

The greatest thing about the Note 4 is the removable battery. I don't have a Note 7 but it doesn't seem all that much slower in performance then my Note 5 and S7 Edge. It will be useable for a few more years at least. Get a few extra batteries and they will last just as long.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't think a re-branding is out of the question, or even a bad idea at this point. I think sales of the Note 7 will be significantly hampered by all the bad publicity, as well as the bans by airlines and transportation authorities around the globe. There are even reports hitting the wire now that say there is a recall starting in China, as well as a ban on all Chinese airlines. Perhaps Samsung will cut their losses. I would suggest a re-brand to the Galaxy S. Instead of having 2 launches a year, about 6 months apart. Re-brand to the Galaxy S and Galaxy SE (executive). The SE would basically be a Note. So it would have a slightly larger screen, the S-pen, and some other software updates. The S would be your standard Galaxy S offering. The added plus to this would be that consumers could feel excited about their new device for a whole year, instead of feeling buyer's remorse when the newest upgrades are announced only 6 months or less from the time the bought their shiny new device. Just food for thought.

So even if replacements are issued I guess it will still be a hassle to fly with them and other stuff and lower resale value. I guess maybe just get the Edge and wait until next spring to see what Samsung brings?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
This would be a great op to cut their losses on the Note 7 and when they release the S8, release the S8 , Edge and Note 8 at same time.

Notes use to showcase the newest specs and have the latest processor, etc. Now it's 6 months behind the S series and will now always behind the S series while Apple comes out with next gen specs at same time. It's kinda lame the Note 7 is rocking an old processor and it's performance is meh. Release all three at the same time. Apple did it right with iPhone and Plus models at same time.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site

I'm almost wondering maybe the S8 will have a Note version and rebranded as an Edge Note or something and just scrap the Note 7. I mean replacements will still be out but otherwise they will scrap it, or more than likely it will be back in stores later. Either way I'm returning it today or tomorrow for an Edge. Besides I have to wonder about software updates for it not, plus trade in value and stigma attached to it. The Edge will be their flagship until next spring now. I guess I will wait until April or May to see what they do with S8 edge. No way I'm pre ordering or buying early again after this. I'll wait a month or two.

But it's time to focus on S8. Any chance they put an spen in the S8 Edge and brand it as a Note but with slightly different name.
Yeah I'm thinking this might happen.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Yeah I'm thinking this might happen.

I do too. I hope they have the Edge in stock today. One thing for certain is I will NOT by the S8 Edge, Note, whatever it's rebranded until a couple months after release. I don't want to get hosed again like I did this time pre-ordering. The Edge should last me until next May. I know I won't get the regular S7 type phone again with tiny screen.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site

Ive been playing with phones in various stores and I haven't seen ANY note 7s (not even dummy phones) on display though one best buy worker had a personal one he was eventually going to return when he could get it replaced

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
This would be a great op to cut their losses on the Note 7 and when they release the S8, release the S8 , Edge and Note 8 at same time.

Notes use to showcase the newest specs and have the latest processor, etc. Now it's 6 months behind the S series and will now always behind the S series while Apple comes out with next gen specs at same time. It's kinda lame the Note 7 is rocking an old processor and it's performance is meh. Release all three at the same time. Apple did it right with iPhone and Plus models at same time.

That's where I'm headed. If the S8 is ready (I mean really ready) for release before Christmas, I say do it. That would mitigate some of the losses from the Note 7. Then release the re-branded duo of the S9 and S9E (Executive/Note) next August. That would put your best foot forward about a month before Apple puts out their new offerings. If Samsung were to offer the S8 before Christmas, and I were Samsung, I'd forego the Note 7, and offer those with Note 7 devices, the new S8. Granted it won't have the S-pen. But at least you'd be offering the most updated device, instead of a device (S7) that will be outdated in a few months.

rtwright68

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site

The greatest thing about the Note 4 is the removable battery. I don't have a Note 7 but it doesn't seem all that much slower in performance then my Note 5 and S7 Edge. It will be useable for a few more years at least. Get a few extra batteries and they will last just as long.

That's what I am thinking as well. I have a narrow window to make a decision, basically 9/20/2016 before I am "stuck" with the 7Edge. Hope to hear something from Samsung/CSPC by then.

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site

note 4 user here, comparing it with the s7 edge I haven't noticed any performance increase with the edge over the note 4 ...now benchmarks probably say otherwise but regular tasks didn't notice...if you are in a bind you will get by great

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I have a Note 4 for work and it doesn't compare. I finally got the marshmallow update on Sunday and it looks exactly the same as it did before the updates. The UI is horrific.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Yep. I'm surprised we got it at all but it was a nice treat amid the N7 fiasco.

Man alive. Is the sky falling? Are pigs soaring over our houses with beautiful sets of wings!? AT&T pushed Marshmallow to the Note 4? We're talking AT&T here? The AT&T with the blue striped globe logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.