Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung removing Note 7 displays from stores?

I'm almost wondering maybe the S8 will have a Note version and rebranded as an Edge Note or something and just scrap the Note 7. I mean replacements will still be out but otherwise they will scrap it, or more than likely it will be back in stores later. Either way I'm returning it today or tomorrow for an Edge. Besides I have to wonder about software updates for it not, plus trade in value and stigma attached to it. The Edge will be their flagship until next spring now. I guess I will wait until April or May to see what they do with S8 edge. No way I'm pre ordering or buying early again after this. I'll wait a month or two.

But it's time to focus on S8. Any chance they put an spen in the S8 Edge and brand it as a Note but with slightly different name.
No way! Samsung wants two times a year for people to blow their money on them. You release them both at the same time like Apple, you get only one cash cow. For the people that like to jump from the S to the Note, they would lose all those sales.

Chuck Young

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Note 7 and Note 4 as I please, thank you...

So I wanted to be able to go back to my Note 4 instead of using my Note 7 but also wanted to have the option to go and use the 7 if I wanted. Went back and forth with AT&T and they wanted the 7 for a new SIM for the Note 4. Tired of that little game I popped out the old SIM card in the Note 4. Popped out the silly SIM chip with a razor knife and hacked at the micro SIM skeleton from the Note 4 until I had a nice nano-SIM sized hole in it. Popped the adapted nano-SIM in to the Note 4 and wallah, now I can use either phone just by swapping the SIM. Beat driving 30 miles to the ATT store in Summit County and really beat driving 100 miles to Denver. lol

Now I will simply wait and see what AT&T and Samsung do with the Note 7 AND use either phone I choose.

Last edited:

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung removing Note 7 displays from stores?

Logical answer to the original post is "why advertise for a phone they can't currently sell?" . Also, iPhone 7 incoming.
Possibly, they are redoing their promotional signage when the new ones are released to advertise the fact that these are the NEW Note7 and not the firestarters.
People like to jump to conclusions instead of thinking rationally. Scrapping the whole release would be idiotic.
Think of it as a re-release and they'll need a way to promote it going forward.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
New Note 7 to include 256GB of internal storage, Snapdragon 823 chip and 6GB or ram. ;) Wait, I had a dream.

Please just give me my new replacement Note 7. :-\

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Will Note 7 be the troll under the bridge to Samsung or will they do right by it?

L3, makers of the Eotech holographic sights used on rifles had a big debacle last year when they settled with the US government over claims of faulty optics in extreme temps. They offered every single customer a full MSRP refund if they sent theirs back in even if you bought it on sale still got full MSRP check. Maybe Samsung could send each user like a $100 check for our troubles.

Or...just lower the price by $100. They are all being refunded anyways. Seems like the easiest route. Why would someone hang onto a bad $849 device when then can return it and get $100 off of a good one? That's one sure way to get more defective phones returned.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
New Note 7 to include 256GB of internal storage, Snapdragon 823 chip and 6GB or ram. ;) Wait, I had a dream.

Please just give me my new replacement Note 7. :-\
Another thing i was thinking about is if they had any idea when the replacements were coming we would hear something by now ...they wouldn't leave us in the dark and **** us off for no reason....Leaves me to believe the U.S market for this phone is looking pretty grim....Everyday the note 7 is getting banned in more and more places while were still in the dark on whether or not it's gonna be weeks or months....And they want us to blindly get a old S7 and just wait it out? Get real.....if I don't hear anything solid and official by Monday this phone is going bye bye ..

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Will Note 7 be the troll under the bridge to Samsung or will they do right by it?

The Note 7 is already the troll under the bridge. Samsung is famous for abandoning their phone with updates.
Right now it's looking like the Note 7 is doomed.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 7 and Note 4 as I please, thank you...

Just be careful with those adapters, especially make-shift ones... should anything go awry, something will get stuck in your SIM tray.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 7 and Note 4 as I please, thank you...

A pic of the modified sim tray on the N4 would be great. Thanks.
So I wanted to be able to go back to my Note 4 instead of using my Note 7 but also wanted to have the option to go and use the 7 if I wanted. Went back and forth with AT&T and they wanted the 7 for a new SIM for the Note 4. Tired of that little game I popped out the old SIM card in the Note 4. Popped out the silly SIM chip with a razor knife and hacked at the micro SIM skeleton from the Note 4 until I had a nice nano-SIM sized hole in it. Popped the adapted nano-SIM in to the Note 4 and wallah, now I can use either phone just by swapping the SIM.

Now I will simply wait and see what AT&T and Samsung do with the Note 7 AND use either phone I choose.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Flame away, but still think the most effective way to both mitigate these type of issues total cost and customer impact is to redesign with replaceable battery. Consumers are going to be weary from this point forward and being able to swap batteries would ease consumer minds.

That of course would take many months to happen. This event could at least get them to consider the option, though unlikely it would happen.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Not handing in your Note 7? You'll soon regret it

When the time comes when you feel it was faulty, it might be too late...
How so? If he has it on his person the whole time and charges it only in an area with no flammable materials around what can happen? Do you believe it'll just blow up with no warning while he's using it? Is there any evidence of this happening to anyone (since the report about the 6 year old child was revealed to not even be a Note 7)? At that, it can obviously happen to any phone but is there evidence that any of these occurrences happen this way on a Note 7? Serious questions.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Maybe go with a Note4 instead?

i went back to my Note 4 as a temporary fix until the replacements arrive and while the Note 4 is a great device, it does not compare to the experience I was having with the Note 7. Don't get we wrong, the Note 4 is a capable device and has most of the features but overall performance of the note 7 is hugely improved (as expected) from the Note 4. I can definitely notice a performance difference.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Flame away, but still think the most effective way to both mitigate these type of issues total cost and customer impact is to redesign with replaceable battery. Consumers are going to be weary from this point forward and being able to swap batteries would ease consumer minds.

That of course would take many months to happen. This event could at least get them to consider the option, though unlikely it would happen.

Yep, not going to happen. It's in the past, and that is where it will stay. The battery issue would not be fixed by just swapping out the battery..not an effective solution. Go back to sleep.

Another thing i was thinking about is if they had any idea when the replacements were coming we would hear something by now ...they wouldn't leave us in the dark and **** us off for no reason....Leaves me to believe the U.S market for this phone is looking pretty grim....Everyday the note 7 is getting banned in more and more places while were still in the dark on whether or not it's gonna be weeks or months....And they want us to blindly get a old S7 and just wait it out? Get real.....if I don't hear anything solid and official by Monday this phone is going bye bye ..

Your logic is 100% flawed. You cannot hear anything because the US government isn't allowing them to release anything. They would rather say nothing than have a deadline that they will miss. When it's approved it will be released. I'm certain it's ready, it just needs approval.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Not handing in your Note 7? You'll soon regret it

I respect people being cautious- when in doubt, turn it in! I am not doubting though and will not stop using the Note 7 until I get a replacement. The Note 7 has been outstanding and going to anything else it this point would be like going from Led Zeppelin to Nickelback. Ain't happening.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure they did it as a refund or was it an exchange?

What's the difference? My single receipt shows a full value refund of my Note 7 and the cancelation of my NEXT plan. Then it shows I bought a s7 edge case and an s7edge onto a next plan. All in 1 step. Total due from me was $30 for the case... which I will get back when the new notes come out. Easy as pie.

I would love a VR...but I'd rather hold onto my Note 7 until I get it replaced instead of switching to another phone. I mean if they offer me one I'll definitely take it.

They are offering it to you, you just refuse to qualify. They will not give you anything so that you hang on to your phone that they have advised you is dangerous. Do whatever you want, but don't expect to be rewarded for it.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yep, not going to happen. It's in the past, and that is where it will stay. The battery issue would not be fixed by just swapping out the battery..not an effective solution. Go back to sleep.

Your logic is 100% flawed. You cannot hear anything because the US government isn't allowing them to release anything. They would rather say nothing than have a deadline that they will miss. When it's approved it will be released. I'm certain it's ready, it just needs approval.

I did not say it would fix it. Stop sleeping when you read posts ;)

As far as not an effective solution to mitigate total cost and customer impact, please explain. That seems objectively false.

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Had to give up my Note 7.

Yesterday, I was forced (literally) to give up my Note 7. Not because it blew up... but because of some [removed] here at work.

As it was explained to me, during a staff meeting that I wasn't attending, somebody made a joke about the exploding Note 7s. Then some guy became alarmed. Then another guy said yeah somebody a few feet from you has one (referring to me). So this guy FREAKS OUT and throws a huge fit over it and DEMANDS that my phone be kicked out of the building.

The guy I work with and another guy tried to talk this guy off the ledge by saying it really wasn't a big deal as long as I don't charge it here (which I have been, btw, and had no issues... no heat or anything)... but he wasn't having it. He was so "freaked" that he had to have it gone. This particular loser has a reputation for being like this, I was told later on.

So my team leads requests that I do so. I initially refuse, so he says okay, he'll have to run it up the chain of command see what happens next. Not wanting it to come down to having to tell them to FOAD, I gave up and said fine. I went over to the local AT&T store and traded it. Ended up with an S7 Active in digital camo. Neat looking phone, but it's no Note 7.

BUT... I'll say this. First, it's WAY faster than my Note 7, and battery life on it is quite remarkable. It lost 7% overnight, then I charged it up here at work this morning and unplugged it at 7:30 AM. By now at 11 AM, it's down to 94%. My Note 7 would be into the mid 80's by now. I thought these things had identical guts, minus memory and storage.

Anyway.. I'm now keeping an eye out for when I can get a new Note 7. I don't care of the media is calling it a "dud" because of the issues. It's a darn nice phone and I want another one.

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Had to give up my Note 7.

Yesterday, I was forced (literally) to give up my Note 7. Not because it blew up... but because of some [removed] here at work.

As it was explained to me, during a staff meeting that I wasn't attending, somebody made a joke about the exploding Note 7s. Then some guy became alarmed. Then another guy said yeah somebody a few feet from you has one (referring to me). So this guy FREAKS OUT and throws a huge fit over it and DEMANDS that my phone be kicked out of the building.

The guy I work with and another guy tried to talk this guy off the ledge by saying it really wasn't a big deal as long as I don't charge it here (which I have been, btw, and had no issues... no heat or anything)... but he wasn't having it. He was so "freaked" that he had to have it gone. This particular loser has a reputation for being like this, I was told later on.

So my team leads requests that I do so. I initially refuse, so he says okay, he'll have to run it up the chain of command see what happens next. Not wanting it to come down to having to tell them to FOAD, I gave up and said fine. I went over to the local AT&T store and traded it. Ended up with an S7 Active in digital camo. Neat looking phone, but it's no Note 7.

BUT... I'll say this. First, it's WAY faster than my Note 7, and battery life on it is quite remarkable. It lost 7% overnight, then I charged it up here at work this morning and unplugged it at 7:30 AM. By now at 11 AM, it's down to 94%. My Note 7 would be into the mid 80's by now. I thought these things had identical guts, minus memory and storage.

Anyway.. I'm now keeping an eye out for when I can get a new Note 7. I don't care of the media is calling it a "dud" because of the issues. It's a darn nice phone and I want another one.

Rob

Thank God for our American News Media for Stirrin' the Proverbial Pot! Gotta Love 'em!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7